PDA

View Full Version : Asagoe and Sugiyama

PatrickRyan
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:52 AM
What has happned with asagoe and sugiyama? They really haven't played well in a year and a half or two years. It used to be they would take really good players to 3 sets or 2 really tough sets. Now they get dominated really easy. Is it because of there age? They used to be the two best asian players out there, but now with a whole bunch of new asian players mostly from china, now there down on the list.

pcrtennis
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:10 AM
Ummm....Sugiyama is playing verrry well now...Shino is got a win here...they're refinding their form, everyone goes through slumps...

brunof
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:17 AM
Ai and Shinobu are currently ahead of China's top player, Shaui Peng who is having a terrible year so far. Jie has had some tough draws but is yet to win a match in singles.

Goai
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:26 AM
Sugiyama and Asagoe are very different players at different stages in their careers. But just like all players, they do go through slumps. I'm happy now that Sugiyama seems to be recapturing some form; would be great to see her play at the Gold Coast next year. Anyway, they've done pretty well to stay in the top 50 even when they are in a slump, I'd say.

alibaby
Mar 13th, 2006, 02:17 PM
good remark.and at doha,ai showed,what,she is still able to,so im sure,she ll get back on track soon.with shini-baby,its not that easy.i think,the last time,i saw her was at tokyo,and there was not a lot going on with her....but she will come back too.shes a solid girl...

PatrickRyan
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:34 PM
well i do like both player, and i hope they come back to full form