PDA

View Full Version : IW 3R: (3) Maria Sharapova (RUS) d. Lisa Raymond (USA) 6-4 6-0

UDACHi
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:18 AM
9 Aces from Maria. :eek:

She seems to be doing better after that struggle with Jackson. :)

morningglory
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:21 AM
the first set was totally servicing... Maria at 77% and winning 80% 1st serve points
Lisa at 68% and 71% respectively...
once Maria had that first set everything just went downhill.
Congrats Maria :yeah:

Billabong
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:24 AM
10 aces in total (1 was with a second serve;)) Well done Maria, continue:worship:!

meggz_star
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:25 AM
9 aces with a tough first set. Great match by Maria :woohoo: :yeah:

Rtael
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:25 AM
Nice fight in the second Lisa! :rolleyes:

waratahsrock
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:26 AM
Nice win Maria - good to see the improvement!

switz
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:27 AM
Raymond is pretty much a spent force in singles i think. She's just not athletic enough to be able to take advantage of the strengths in her game anymore IMO. She'll get some wins because she's smart but i can't see her beating many big names again.

Lulu.
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:31 AM
totally predictable

Dan23
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Great finish Maria...:clap2: :yeah:
Keep improving as the tournament goes on..

F-R-E-A-K
Masha :kiss: :hearts: :drool: :lick: :bounce:

Krystell
Maria! 10 Aces! :worship: :)

Dan23
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:33 AM
totally predictable
not according to some in yesterdays thread :lol:

crazyroberto6767
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:35 AM
Lisa was done after wasting those 2 break points in the first set. But nice fighting through your other matches.

Nice win Maria :)

njnetswill
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:46 AM
damn 10 aces. :worship:

itzhak
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:52 AM
What did she wear?! Maria?! queen of fashion....

http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/132/mar1ig.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:56 AM
i am loving her outfit, great job maria!

SelesFan70
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:58 AM

You are loving that outfit? :unsure:

RJWCapriati
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:06 AM
good win!!

Andy.
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:08 AM
Well done Masha this is the way to dispatch at oponent. Keep up the awesome play

Rtael
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:25 AM

I really hope that's sarcasm...

Andy.
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:29 AM
Its just the cold weather when the sun comes out again so will Masha's awesome outfits

@m@nd@
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:50 AM
well done maria! keep it up!

Teemu
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:02 AM
Go Maria! :)
Best of Luck for the next match!

WIMBLY2004
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:29 AM
good job :D

msharafan
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:56 AM
yeah well done just saw the highlights and you played great next is peer, which could be a potentially tough match, but on recent form you should get through.

Sharapova's_Boy
Mar 13th, 2006, 06:19 AM
Another solid win, Maria. :yeah:

Mafia_Sharapova
Mar 13th, 2006, 06:28 AM
well done Maria :kiss:

bellascarlett
Mar 13th, 2006, 06:35 AM
not according to some in yesterdays thread :lol:

:lol:...well, they just wanted Maria to lose... :p

Congrats Maria! :bigclap:

But couldn't she have removed the skirt and just left the black pants? :scratch:

:inlove:
Mar 13th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Yes Maria! ;) :worship: Great job - next up is Peer. :cool: Hope you get through with some ease, although I like Shahar too.

~Carsten~
Mar 13th, 2006, 09:43 AM
wow great match Maria!
Congrats

Justineladivine
Mar 13th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Congrats, Maria. Keep up the good work. Go, go, go

xXSarajevoXx
Mar 13th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Well done Masha :D

TeaMMashA
Mar 13th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Well done Masha! woo

jacobruiz
Mar 13th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Great serving, Maria! Keep it up through the tournament!:bounce:

Modiac.
Mar 13th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Match Highlights and Interview:
Sharapova vs Raymond(Low quality) (http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/media/0,,~,00.asx?path=zzf%3A//ngc.ivqrb.cerzvhzgi.pb.hx/ngc/NGC/cnpvsvpyvsr06_fhaqnl/NGC_VaqvnJryyf06_Uvtuyvtugf_FunencbiniEnlzbaq_yb.j zi)
Sharapova vs Raymond(High quality) (http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/media/0,,~,00.asx?path=zzf%3A//ngc.ivqrb.cerzvhzgi.pb.hx/ngc/NGC/cnpvsvpyvsr06_fhaqnl/NGC_VaqvnJryyf06_Uvtuyvtugf_FunencbiniEnlzbaq_uv.j zi)

Maria's interview after match (http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/media/0,,~,00.asx?path=zzf%3A//ngc.ivqrb.cerzvhzgi.pb.hx/ngc/NGC/cnpvsvpyvsr06_fhaqnl/NGC_VaqvnJryyf06_Vagreivrj_Funencbin_yb.jzi)

Porcupine
Mar 13th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Great match Maria :worship: Keep winning :) Four more like that and you'll get it in the bag :devil:
damn 10 aces. :worship:
Yeah.. :eek: that's something you don't see ev'ryday :cool:

gary
Mar 13th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Masha :woohoo: :yeah:

xan
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Great win, Maria. 10 Aces too! Good work!

foreva lindsay
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Lisa :sad: :hug:

Helen Lawson
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Thank GOD!!!!

Il Primo!
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Maria ! :yeah: :woohoo:

Chuckydoll
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:30 PM
yay masha <3

Marshmallow
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Hmm.. then was she just relying on her serve?

From the little clip that i saw, the crowd seemed like they were ready to boo her on the way out, either that, or they'd be more excited about a snail race. Poor girl.

Lisa raymond, had the first break points, two 1 believe and just could not convert. Then an array of double faults in the next game - practically threw it away. A real shame, as it seems she could have done a little better.

Her tactics were good, from the clip that i saw, she played a realy good drop shot () whichh maria could do nothing with but whip up over the net) but then lost the point with some careless play.

But well done Maria. At least the scoreline compensates for that tragedy that was her outfit. She looked like a Yeti. :spit:

morningglory
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Marshmallow has been added to my ignore list ;) :lol: :ras: :yawn:

cheo23
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Marshmallow is just a Troll & a Hater...its like whatever & get it together

I just saw the match highlights...& they were cheering her on...go Miss Masha!!!!

I guess Marshmallow is still angry w/ the Crowd Booin SERENA...when she arrived & even durin the Ceremony...GET OVER IT MARSHMALLOW!!!!!!!!!!

Marshmallow
Mar 13th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Marshmallow is just a Troll & a Hater...its like whatever & get it together

I just saw the match highlights...& they were cheering her on...go Miss Masha!!!!

I guess Marshmallow is still angry w/ the Crowd Booin SERENA...when she arrived & even durin the Ceremony...GET OVER IT MARSHMALLOW!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

I'm a troll, because i'm the one who needs to bring in other players to defend my fav. Hypocrascy! It's even more rubbish when you consider that event is something for the IW spectators to be ashamed of, not Serena.

I'm sorry for sharing my opinion in a FORUM - the nerve of it.

Marshmallow
Mar 13th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Marshmallow has been added to my ignore list ;) :lol: :ras: :yawn:

:p

That's a real shame. I'll weep my way to sleep this evening, huddled in the fetal position.

gmak
Mar 13th, 2006, 06:20 PM
masha :hug: :yeah:

cheo23
Mar 13th, 2006, 06:22 PM
LOL

I'm a troll, because i'm the one who needs to bring in other players to defend my fav. Hypocrascy! It's even more rubbish when you consider that event is something for the IW spectators to be ashamed of, not Serena.

I'm sorry for sharing my opinion in a FORUM - the nerve of it.
u are a troll/hater because when u said "they seem like they were ready to boo her" comment...which was not true at all...if u had the decency to watch the clip...u would observe the cheers for Miss Masha :lol:

This event is nothing to be ashamed of...its been drawing alot of good crowds & good matches despite the CONSTANT RAIN DELAYS!!!!!! so whatever...thank u & TRY to have a good day!!!!!!!! ;)

Marshmallow
Mar 13th, 2006, 06:29 PM
u are a troll/hater because when u said "they seem like they were ready to boo her" comment...which was not true at all...if u had the decency to watch the clip...u would observe the cheers for Miss Masha :lol:

This event is nothing to be ashamed of...its been drawing alot of good crowds & good matches despite the CONSTANT RAIN DELAYS!!!!!! so whatever...thank u & TRY to have a good day!!!!!!!! ;)

I saw the clip posted in the other thread, and as she walked OUT.. they may well have been ready to boo her. I think i heard one actually. Can you blame them, with that disgusting outfit she had on. She looked like an ostrich, with swollen legs.

I didn't say the EVENT has anything to be ashamed of, perhaps refer to the dictionary for a defintion of "spectators". Going by your font and how you write, you may not know what a dictionary is. The spectators of that day should be ashamed of themselves - booing a teenage girl for no fault of her own.

Good day sir/ madam/ other.

msharafan
Mar 13th, 2006, 06:57 PM
oh my god i dont know whos worse you marshmellow or tennisjay, either way f#ck the hell of any threads to do with maria cause all we ever here is pointless critiscism and stupid pathetic slaggings, seen as though youre a serena fan im surprised you dont spend all of your time defending her cause she needs to be defended and we all know why! ..........................MC DONALDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

morningglory
Mar 13th, 2006, 07:00 PM
whoa easy there msharafan... I think you've started a flame war... :rolleyes:
It's GM, so you can expect the same ol' GM stuff we've been getting... no point in getting upset...
Now evacuate this thread :tape:

Marshmallow
Mar 13th, 2006, 07:03 PM
oh my god i dont know whos worse you marshmellow or tennisjay, either way f#ck the hell of any threads to do with maria cause all we ever here is pointless critiscism and stupid pathetic slaggings, seen as though youre a serena fan im surprised you dont spend all of your time defending her cause she needs to be defended and we all know why! ..........................MC DONALDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, i'm not a huge Serena fan. I believe she is the best player on tour at her best, and smack all others silly, and she is entertaining to watch when she is about 75%, because that's when she fights hard and produces some great matches.

IMO - Serena doesn't need much defending - who else has 7 slam on the tour right now? I don't know why people always bring up Serena when i post about Maria.... She isn't even in my Sig.

I'm sorry i don't get it.

Marshmallow
Mar 13th, 2006, 07:13 PM
whoa easy there msharafan... I think you've started a flame war... :rolleyes:
It's GM, so you can expect the same ol' GM stuff we've been getting... no point in getting upset...
Now evacuate this thread :tape:

Lol, i knoooooooow, poor kid. :( Well, as they say, the truth hurts.