PDA

View Full Version : Indian Wells: Pacific Life Open To Offer Broadband Tv Service Online

drake3781
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:40 PM
INDIAN WELLS: PACIFIC LIFE OPEN TO OFFER BROADBAND TV SERVICE ONLINE

http://www.noticias.info/asp/aspComunicados.asp?nid=153820&src=0

Indian Wells, Calif., March 10, 2006 – The Pacific Life Open, in partnership with Tennis Properties Limited (TPL), is set to enhance each fan’s tournament experience with the introduction of www.Pacificlifeopen.tv - a new, high quality, broadband TV service that will deliver the tournament straight to their desktop.

When fans log onto www.Pacificlifeopen.tv they will be able to see all the tournament action from the first round through to the finals with near live video highlights of every match, a roundup show of all the day’s action, real-time point-by-point scores, exclusive on-court and locker room player interviews, post match press conferences, behind the scenes feature stories and classic matches from previous years.

To celebrate the launch of this great new service the Pacific Life Open and TPL will offer 100% free access for the entire duration of the tournament!

(article continues at the link above....)

=====

I'm going off to give it a try..... anybody else tried this, and your assessment?

eck
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:52 PM
I think they only show stadium 1 and 2 video highlights

TF Chipmunk
Mar 12th, 2006, 10:02 PM
I tried this last night. The video highlights were really choppy :o But it worked for other people :shrug:

UDACHi
Mar 12th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Works perfect for me. :shrug: :yeah:

slams
Mar 12th, 2006, 10:26 PM
yeah, the first time I played the highlight of 2nd Round: Hingis vs Bammer, the screen was choppy like hell (buffering???). So I let it "choppped" till the end and replayed it again.

Smooth showing after that..... although the highlight showed till 2nd set 5 2 with no ending. Strange highlight!

bis2806
Mar 13th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Choppy... but try changing it to "low" instead of "high".

Williams-forever
Mar 13th, 2006, 11:42 AM
It works good for me, but i think you have to use broadband in order to watch it...
The only bad thing about it, is that they mainly focus on mens tennis. The first round and also alot of the second round wta matches isn't on, while all the important atp matches is... :o :(

Volcana
Mar 13th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Over a cable line, the quality is excellent

The Daviator
Mar 13th, 2006, 01:52 PM
How did you guys get past the UK address bit? I can't register, I fill out the form, I try to get in, and nothing :rolleyes:

gentzy
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:53 PM
It doesn't work for me...it doesn't load the page. I tried in IE, Opera and Firefox and none loads the page...it says : Page Not Found...do you experience such problems ??

gentzy
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Oh it works now...but it took quite long to load the page...I'll give it a try..

*Jean*
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Work very bad for me :(

Jorn
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Just goto this page: http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/AtpLogin/IndianWells

The Daviator
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Just goto this page: http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/AtpLogin/IndianWells

I've done that many times, I've filled out the form, and when I log-in I get 'error'...

Nevermind :rolleyes:

cheo23
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:54 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!:worship: :bowdown:

THANKS DRAKE!!!!!!!

w/ my DSL - works BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I just saw Miss Maria Sharapova, Queen Justine, Lindsay & my bitchy ass Martina Hingis!

the quality is VERY CLEAR!!!1 LOVE IT!!! THANK U THANK U!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yeah: :bigclap:

TomTennis
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:57 PM
mmmm. I bet the video is really choppy and very poor quality for anyone living outside the Indian Wells area. :rolleyes:

Maybe this is an attemp to attract in audiences because of the Miami mandatory thing? maybe not.......It is a good idea though. it gives some ppl the chance to see their favs in action when they sometimes might miss out. :bounce: