PDA

View Full Version : IW 3rd Round: Martina HINGIS def. Sybille BAMMER 6/0 , 6/3

markhingis
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Way to go Martina!!! I was hoping for a double bagel,but i'm happy of that score!
Low 1st serve %-that's worrying. Martina won almost twice as many points as Bammer :)
Next is likely Davenport, I hope Martina can find weapons against her and beat her!

Meesh
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Congrats Martina!

bw2082
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:03 PM
maybe the serve % was low because she was practicing it since she figured Bammer was no threat.

~Carsten~
easy going Martina
:sad: Sybille

Daniel
Well done Martina :) :worship: :kiss:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Martina :hug: :smooch: :kiss:

GOODLUCK against Davenport! :yeah:

The Daviator
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Good job Marti :yeah:

Please don't beat Linds though :unsure:

hablo
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:06 PM
congrats, Martina :yeah:
your real test is next match ;):p

Martian Mel
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Congrats Marti :kiss: Good luck against Lindsay!:angel:

Ryan
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Go Marti, beat Lindsay now. :eek: Def. need a higher service percentage though, hopefully it all clicks out there!

Barlos
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Congrats Martina!! Just improve that first serve percentage for the next match!!

She'll need to.

Rachel_
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Well done Marti! :hearts:

GL against Lindsay :bounce:

SelesFan70
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Nice win! But Martina will definitely have to serve better if she's gonna beat Lindsay (assuming Lindsay wins today of course).

VeeReeDavJCap81
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:17 PM
It's a shame she'd have to face Lindsay so early, we'll see what happens though.

LoveFifteen
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Man, Martina keeps getting super-tough draws ... I know it's to be expected, but it's still frustrating. I think JHH and Davenport are the only two who will 100% beat her. She can beat Sharapova, and Dementieva's form was off yesterday.

But those four are the big threats ... why does she have to play Lindsay so early? :sad:

Sagittarius
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Man, Martina keeps getting super-tough draws ... I know it's to be expected, but it's still frustrating. I think JHH and Davenport are the only two who will 100% beat her. She can beat Sharapova, and Dementieva's form was off yesterday.

But those four are the big threats ... why does she have to play Lindsay so early? :sad:

I know...Talk about unlucky :rolleyes:

crazyroberto6767
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Awesome win Martina :bigclap:, that first set was dominating stuff. Good luck against (probably) Lindsay :unsure:, it's going to definitely be a toughie.

:sad: Sybille, but a nice tournament :)

Xian
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:29 PM
well in fact its Sybille not Sabine :lol:

loppy
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Well done, Martina!

pcrtennis
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:38 PM
That second set was more of a challenge than I expected...or more than it should have been? In any case...Nice going Martina! Beat Davenport!

MH0861
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:39 PM

Overall, I think she's had AMAZING draws this year, really. Only two bad ones were getting Justine early in Sydney and maybe Linds in the 4th round here.

Billabong
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Martina:woohoo: Keep it up girl, you can win against Lindsay, believe in yourself:yeah:! GOOOOO Martinaaaaaaaaa:bounce:!!!!!!!!!!

Barlos
Mar 12th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Overall, I think she's had AMAZING draws this year, really. Only two bad ones were getting Justine early in Sydney and maybe Linds in the 4th round here.

I'd certainly not consider her Dubai draw as amazing. She had to face Sciavone in rd. 2, Kuznetsova in qf and Mauresmo is semis. It was undoubtedly the toughest section.

Sharapova's_Boy
Mar 12th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Martina :yeah:

Martian Stacey
Mar 12th, 2006, 10:27 PM
She got luck at the AO. She had to play a seed first round, and then was drawn to play Mary Pierce in the third round, but she was beaten before then. Same story on the Gold Coast where Schiavone was beaten early.

But moving on, another good win for Martina today :bounce: :bounce: I'm looking forward to the Lindsay match, but i'm also :scared: at the same time ;)

UDACHi
Mar 12th, 2006, 10:30 PM
congrats, Martina :yeah:
your real test is next match ;):p

You think so? I think she should get by Granville pretty easily. ;)

RJWCapriati
Mar 12th, 2006, 10:31 PM
WTG Martina, too bad you have Daveneport next, good tournament though!!

dementievahingis
Mar 12th, 2006, 10:47 PM
I really hope its a night match and televised, i mean why wouldnt it be!!

jenny161185
Mar 12th, 2006, 10:59 PM
wow what an interesting match up its going to be - i know this is totally off topic can someone tell me why pierce isnt playing this week?

clark.kent
Mar 13th, 2006, 02:13 AM
Martina Hingis bad draws won't last long though, she's moving up the rankings fast as she has no points to defend. She will be top 20 soon, top 10 etc. :hug:

Dexter
Mar 13th, 2006, 02:39 AM
nthg surprising ;)

Niunia
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:12 AM
Congrats :)

swissmisshingis
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:15 AM
well it is indeed going to be a tough match for martina tomorrow (if im right)..im just wishing her all the luck ;)

Morrissey
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:56 AM
Notice that I'm not saying Martina is going to beat Lindsay..I mean this is definitely going to be the strongest most powerful opponent she will face in her comeback so far.

1. Martina must get a high percentage of first serves in. Lindsay will clock her second serves like crap if she doesn't.

2. Martina must mix up the pace Lindsay does not like it when a player changes the pace. I suggest Martina hit low slices to Lindsay's forehand..I notice that Justine uses this strategy against Lindsay very effectively.

3. Martina must move Lindsay around..because she has the superior mobility. Although Lindsay has definitely improved her movement I feel that Martina can use her speed and expose Lindsay by using angles to move her wide off of the court.

4. Martina should try to hit some drop shots.,Lindsay doesn't move well up and back...she also is a bit uncomfotable at the net when it is not on her own terms.

5. Martina will have to have some luck. She will have to hope that Lindsay is somehow off..or a bit nervous or loses concentration. If Lindsay is a bit off or a bit nervous she has a chance. If Lindsay is on..well..she has less of a chance...

6. All in all regardless of the result perhaps Martina will really see where she can improve in her game..what she needs to do...She already will be in the top 30 very shortly...but now..its a matter of figuring out what she needs to do to get back to the top. By playing Lindsay Martina will find out what she needs to do to reach the next level.

go hingis
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Great Win Martina! Now Take Out Lindsay!

Alicia Rocks
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:35 AM
Martina :bounce:

Brett.
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:40 AM
Well Done - At least that you can jump really high to hit a ball because Sybille hits really high in the air but one day its will be higher than Mars!

:inlove:
Mar 13th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Well the thread about Bammer giving Marti a real test, has gone up in flames. :sad: Very expected, but I'm still sad for Bammer!

PLP
Mar 13th, 2006, 09:09 AM
I just watched the 2nd set of this match and Bammer did her best. She was really in most of the points but Martina always had the answer!!! I think this will def. move Bammer up ahead of her previous High ranking of 59, and Martina is about 28th now...Come on Marti!!!! 4 more matches to GO!!!!!!!!! :wavey: I am just too excited!, P

Cashif
Mar 13th, 2006, 09:12 AM
:worship:Martina:banana:

louisa2k2
Mar 13th, 2006, 10:19 AM
was hoping for a double bagel too, but at least it was over quickly :)

xXSarajevoXx
Mar 13th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Sybille :sad: - but the tournament was ok!
Martina :D

alibaby
Mar 13th, 2006, 02:25 PM
I'd certainly not consider her Dubai draw as amazing. She had to face Sciavone in rd. 2, Kuznetsova in qf and Mauresmo is semis. It was undoubtedly the toughest section.
dito!and stil,she played a great tourney there.but sad for sibylle,she deserves to do well!but hey,at least 4 games,thats okay,better than nothing.