PDA

View Full Version : please explain that to me

mr_burns
Mar 12th, 2006, 03:31 PM
davenport on stadium 2 while hingis on cc.
really not logical, she is the only american who attended the tournament every year and she is the world no 4

Martian KC
Mar 12th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Martina is currently the headliner. And it's her first tourney back on American soil?:shrug:

RR-87
Mar 12th, 2006, 03:35 PM
People in IW see Davenport every year, while Martina wasn't seen for 3 years

Philip
Mar 12th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Hingis on eursport tonight again?

I remember back in 2000/2001 eurosport might as well have been hingissport :p
im not complaining these days though, its great to see her play.

As for lindsay on court 2... well, in the circumstances i think its acceptable.

Marshmallow
Mar 12th, 2006, 03:39 PM
World number four, is not world number one. So no outside centre court immunity.

Secondly, perhaps THEY think most of her matches are BORING. Who wants to see lindsay batter a helpless opponent like she did Harkerload or even what horrible thing she did to Maria Sharapova.

Hingis has been away, and is a joy to watch (perhaps in their opinion) - and will give the showcourts... a show.

The fact that Davenport is American iderally shouldn't mean she gets special treatment.

I think...

Emmanya
Mar 12th, 2006, 03:53 PM
I think it's a scheduling problem what with the rain delays and such. And as much as I love Lindsay I think that Martina is probably a bigger crowd puller right now what with the comeback aura all around her. Just aslong as I get a centre court Davenport v Hingis I will be happy! :)

meyerpl
Mar 12th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Lindsay is what she is, which is all good. What she isn't is a drama queen, or a bombshell, or a loudmouth, or any of several things that grab the attention of fans and media.

Spunky83
Mar 12th, 2006, 04:24 PM
and number one seed Justine on court two;)

According to Eurosport 1, Justine´s match will be broadcasted 8 pm cet. The weather has totally ruined the whole schedule but well at least I get to see that match