PDA

View Full Version : Dokic enters $25K Redding, CA (week of Miami)

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 11th, 2006, 06:03 PM
.. which likely means she either plans to play this 25K, or she's gonna play it in case Miami doesn't give her a Q or MD WC.

Jelena :bounce: I'm so excited :hearts:

njnetswill
Mar 11th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Is she actually going to play this time? :confused:

:inlove:
Mar 11th, 2006, 06:07 PM
:rolleyes: Jelena. Am I the only one who doesn't like her? :o Probably not exactly the come-back she had hoped for, so far...

Tennace
Mar 11th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Redding PA in the US???? Thats only about an hour and a hlaf from here!!!!! I want to go if it is where I think it is.

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 11th, 2006, 06:10 PM
:rolleyes: Jelena. Am I the only one who doesn't like her? :o Probably not exactly the come-back she had hoped for, so far...
Trust me, youre not the only one that doesnt like her :o

Tennace
Mar 11th, 2006, 06:10 PM
nevermind its in California

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 11th, 2006, 06:11 PM
nevermind its in California
ugh yeah my bad

Wojtek
Mar 11th, 2006, 06:12 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

and what she should do? She can't get more WC and her ranking isn't good enough to play bigger events.

Tripp
Mar 11th, 2006, 06:15 PM

I don't like her either, not right now at least.

Which doesn't mean I'll go around bashing her. I just stay out of threads related to her, because I just don't care about her.

vutt
Mar 11th, 2006, 06:19 PM
I don't like her either, not right now at least.

Which doesn't mean I'll go around bashing her. I just stay out of threads related to her, because I just don't care about her.

I guess this thread must be exception then :angel:

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 11th, 2006, 06:19 PM
I guess this thread must be exception then :angel:
LOL.

njnetswill
Mar 11th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Redding PA in the US???? Thats only about an hour and a hlaf from here!!!!! I want to go if it is where I think it is.

It says Redding, CA. :angel:

Rtael
Mar 11th, 2006, 07:01 PM
That was probably added later.

Wiggly
Mar 11th, 2006, 07:03 PM
She must stop entering tournaments and start playing :rolleyes:

Williams-forever
Mar 11th, 2006, 07:05 PM
As long as Dokic is playing, i don't care where it is...If she can get to the main draw in Redding thats a hell lot better than getting a wildcard into the strongest tournament of the year (excluding the GS).

~Carsten~
Mar 11th, 2006, 07:08 PM
mmmh wait and see if she really plays!

up!
Mar 11th, 2006, 07:09 PM
I hope she'll play this time! I actually think she could beat players in Tier V tournaments, she doesn't need to play 25 000$. But at least she may play.

Mark Spruce
Mar 11th, 2006, 07:10 PM
the wait and see game.

I do so hope she will play

Mark

Babolatpro880
Mar 11th, 2006, 07:18 PM
She must stop entering tournaments and start playing :rolleyes:
Really? Because last I checked it was kind of hard to play a tournament without entering it...

Vamos Feńa
Mar 11th, 2006, 07:39 PM
don't be mean to Jelena ok?
guys, if you don't like her just leave such topics and pay attention on sth else, it's kinda easy i think...

Jelena, pls play there and start doing sth good to you, with love Mike :sad:

Freakan
Mar 11th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Really? Because last I checked it was kind of hard to play a tournament without entering it...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

pcrtennis
Mar 11th, 2006, 10:38 PM
I was talking to a tournament director at the 50K St. Paul tournament that Dokic was scheduled to play and they said they were actually pretty relieved when she pulled out because they have to spend extra money, time and effort on security...it was a pretty interesting conversation...

xXSarajevoXx
Mar 11th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Good luck Jelena! :yeah:

Havok
Mar 11th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Please play Jelena and best of luck.:banana:

henmanhill
Mar 11th, 2006, 10:59 PM
I didn't used to like her but I feel sorry for her now. I hope she can get her career back on track.

Alicia Rocks
Mar 11th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Please play Jelena

KoOlMaNsEaN
Mar 11th, 2006, 11:06 PM
I won't get excited until I see pictures of her there confirming she is there and when she is in the draw. :p

Diesel
Mar 11th, 2006, 11:12 PM
don't be mean to Jelena ok?
guys, if you don't like her just leave such topics and pay attention on sth else, it's kinda easy i think...

Jelena, pls play there and start doing sth good to you, with love Mike :sad:

Sounds like common sense. It should be a rule of WTAWorld. Just because you don't like a player doesn't mean you have to be rude in a thread about them.

tennisboi
Mar 11th, 2006, 11:31 PM
C'mon people give Jelena a chance she's had tough few years of it

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Mar 11th, 2006, 11:49 PM
please Dokic play it i'm missing you so much

PatM04
Mar 12th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Good luck to her, she needs a few good wins

AjdeNate!
Mar 12th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Ajde

DutchieGirl
Mar 12th, 2006, 02:29 AM
She may have entered, but is she gonna show? She's entered alot of events this year, and now shown up, or pulled out at the last minute...

DutchieGirl
Mar 12th, 2006, 02:31 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

and what she should do? She can't get more WC and her ranking isn't good enough to play bigger events.

maybe if she hadn't wasted half her WCs by asking for them and then pulling out... ;)

DutchieGirl
Mar 12th, 2006, 02:34 AM
I won't get excited until I see pictures of her there confirming she is there and when she is in the draw. :p

I'd be waiting for scores from her 1st r match for proof! ;) Just coz she's in the draw doesn't actually mean she'll turn up (and yes, she did that a few times last year too :o ).

jas_123
Mar 12th, 2006, 04:49 AM
Dokic is really a top20 player she just needs a good coach! to get her back up there

Lulu.
Mar 12th, 2006, 04:52 AM
Please play Jelena your only gonna get better if you win matches and gain your confidence back

VeeDaQueen
Mar 12th, 2006, 04:54 AM
only a few more days until we see the thread "Dokic pulls out of $25K Redding, CA"

jas_123
Mar 12th, 2006, 05:23 AM
go dokic you rule she will not pull out she wants to play

Wojtek
Mar 12th, 2006, 05:53 AM
maybe if she hadn't wasted half her WCs by asking for them and then pulling out... ;)

Great post, really on your level :rolleyes: but i don't think you can post something smart.

If you aren't in the draw you won't wast WC. She got WCs last year and 2 this year that's why she can't get more WC. If you think about Canberra you're wrong but for you and your posts about dokic it's nothing new.

TF Chipmunk
Mar 12th, 2006, 06:21 AM
:bounce: Redding is only 3 hours away from me I think :scratch:

DutchieGirl
Mar 12th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Great post, really on your level :rolleyes: but i don't think you can post something smart.

If you aren't in the draw you won't wast WC. She got WCs last year and 2 this year that's why she can't get more WC. If you think about Canberra you're wrong but for you and your posts about dokic it's nothing new.

:retard: You get WCs per year... so wtf have WCs last year got to do with anything? :retard: And I wasn't thinking anything about Canberra so :shrug:

Typical that I post something logical, and you jump down my throat... :rolleyes:

And if you accept a WC and withdraw after draw is made guess what, it's gonna count... :retard: (just something about your wrong point above - not saying Dokic necessarily did that). I know you think I go around bashing Jelena every chance I get, and you're wrong, I hardly ever post in threads about her, but it's kinda hard to miss tha fact that she keeps entering tourneys and then doesn't show, or pulls out just before...

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 12th, 2006, 07:42 AM
:retard: You get WCs per year... so wtf have WCs last year got to do with anything? :retard: And I wasn't thinking anything about Canberra so :shrug:

Typical that I post something logical, and you jump down my throat... :rolleyes:

And if you accept a WC and withdraw after draw is made guess what, it's gonna count... :retard: (just something about your wrong point above - not saying Dokic necessarily did that). I know you think I go around bashing Jelena every chance I get, and you're wrong, I hardly ever post in threads about her, but it's kinda hard to miss tha fact that she keeps entering tourneys and then doesn't show, or pulls out just before...

:smash:

jd4eva
Mar 12th, 2006, 07:58 AM

You get WC's based on a 12 month period so yes, WC's awarded last year still count however I assume that comprehending this may be outside the ambits of your intellectual capacity.

You didn't state your accusation about Jelena accepting wildcards and withdrawing after the draw but you indirectly inferred so by this statement: "maybe if she hadn't wasted half her WCs by asking for them and then pulling out...". Now, if that is not what you meant them your entire statement is irrelevant as the last time I checked, withdrawing from tournaments without wasting a wildcard was not antithetical to the rules of the WTA Tour nor in contravention of any moral code.

So far this year, Dokic has not been in a draw of a tournament that she did not play. Yes, she has entered tournaments only to withdraw later but as you are anti-Dokic that should not concern you as it has no impact whatsoever on your enjoyment of those tournaments nor does it affect any tournament negatively because she doesn't take up a draw spot only to withdraw. As far as I'm aware, there is no law that dictates that once a player has to withdraw from tournaments due to illness/injury (or a number of tournaments) that they are no longer to enter them in the future. You just need to worry about yourself and your faves and stop making flawed arguments.

jd4eva
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:04 AM

As far as I'm aware, the wildcard limit only extends to WTA Tournaments. In the past 12 months Dokic has received 2 WTA Tournament Wildcards - Prague and Auckland. I certainly hope she is eligible for more given the ridiculous amount Alexandra Stevenson has received. Can you clarify this please? :)

So Disrespectful
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:12 AM
I really hope you decide to play this time Jelena. You handled the Australian open wildcard playoff well- and nearly defeated a top 50 player in one of your first matches. If Jelena doesn't show up this time, I'll know she's not serious about this comeback.

DutchieGirl
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:40 AM
You get WC's based on a 12 month period so yes, WC's awarded last year still count however I assume that comprehending this may be outside the ambits of your intellectual capacity.

You didn't state your accusation about Jelena accepting wildcards and withdrawing after the draw but you indirectly inferred so by this statement: "maybe if she hadn't wasted half her WCs by asking for them and then pulling out...". Now, if that is not what you meant them your entire statement is irrelevant as the last time I checked, withdrawing from tournaments without wasting a wildcard was not antithetical to the rules of the WTA Tour nor in contravention of any moral code.

So far this year, Dokic has not been in a draw of a tournament that she did not play. Yes, she has entered tournaments only to withdraw later but as you are anti-Dokic that should not concern you as it has no impact whatsoever on your enjoyment of those tournaments nor does it affect any tournament negatively because she doesn't take up a draw spot only to withdraw. As far as I'm aware, there is no law that dictates that once a player has to withdraw from tournaments due to illness/injury (or a number of tournaments) that they are no longer to enter them in the future. You just need to worry about yourself and your faves and stop making flawed arguments.

:retard: Nice to see you read all of what I said! :wavey:

DutchieGirl
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:40 AM
:smash:

:retard:

DutchieGirl
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:41 AM
As far as I'm aware, the wildcard limit only extends to WTA Tournaments. In the past 12 months Dokic has received 2 WTA Tournament Wildcards - Prague and Auckland. I certainly hope she is eligible for more given the ridiculous amount Alexandra Stevenson has received. Can you clarify this please? :)

You get a certain amount for WTA and for ITF...

but you probably don't wanna know that from me :shrug:

vutt
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:43 AM
yay inkymisafan
Good to see you alive and firing on all cylinders!!

Go, Go Go...

Wojtek
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:43 AM
And if you accept a WC and withdraw after draw is made guess what, it's gonna count... :retard: (just something about your wrong point above - not saying Dokic necessarily did that). ...

Where she withdraw when she got WC after the draw was made? Where????????????????????????????????????????

Wojtek
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:44 AM
yay inkymisafan
Good to see you alive and firing on all cylinders!!

Go, Go Go...

She is :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: but her whole life is wtaworld so :tape:

vutt
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:45 AM
She is :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: but her whole life is wtaworld so :tape:

Well I guess nobody is perfect :angel:
Don't be so hard. It's medical case after all...

Wojtek
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:49 AM

6 WC per year 3 to MD

Wojtek
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Well I guess nobody is perfect :angel:
Don't be so hard. It's medical case after all...

Just read her posts. She has problem almost with everyone and it's still only internet

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:30 AM

:bowdown:

:inlove:
Mar 12th, 2006, 10:51 AM
And the wheels on the bus go round and round...

Sorry. I felt like we needed something uplifting in this thread. :p

Williams-forever
Mar 12th, 2006, 10:56 AM
This thread is so mean...stop talking bs of each other!! :mad:

bailey
Mar 12th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Sometimes the way people talk to each other in here really pisses me off. :rolleyes:

WTA-World is a good example why we will never live happily ever after, because we are just not able to accept that not everyone shares the same opinions.

O and by the way: wasn't this a thread about Jelena?

vutt
Mar 12th, 2006, 11:26 AM
WTA-World is a good example why we will never live happily ever after, because we are just not able to accept that not everyone shares the same opinions.

Well, this thread was about Jelena entred ITF event and not about do one likes her or not. WTA-World will never be live happily ever after if posters will fail to understand that!

Petersmiler
Mar 12th, 2006, 12:51 PM
I refuse to get excited yet. She's let me down so many times this year........

But she was so close in both the matches she actually played!

Please Jelena, make this count!

Williams-forever
Mar 12th, 2006, 01:15 PM
I refuse to get excited yet. She's let me down so many times this year........

But she was so close in both the matches she actually played!

Please Jelena, make this count!

Yeah, and the fact that she was sooo close gets me thinking that she will be able to win quite alot of matches in a 25k...

jd4eva
Mar 12th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Sometimes the way people talk to each other in here really pisses me off. :rolleyes:

The problem is not the acceptance of diverging views, the problem is the way in which some individuals wish to express their unjustified and vitriolic hate towards an individual they don't particularly care for.

Where an argument is logical and sound, there is often little or no problem as to difference of opinion but don't expect to come into a thread and make some random argument which has little or no trenchancy and expect people to accept and embrace your point of view (by you, i mean the plural not the singular you).

selesfan1
Mar 12th, 2006, 07:56 PM
I want her to play and get her ranking up because she is the pro player that most closely resembles my game. I was playing a guy one time and he said why are you playing like that australian chick? I did give him a good run. Jelena is too talented to be at this level but I am glad she has started on her way back.

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:11 PM
I want her to play and get her ranking up because she is the pro player that most closely resembles my game. I was playing a guy one time and he said why are you playing like that australian chick? I did give him a good run. Jelena is too talented to be at this level but I am glad she has started on her way back.
Haha, I play like Jelena also :haha: :cool: :tape:

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Jelena also entered in 25K Hammond the week after :banana:

Please play Jeca :angel: