PDA

View Full Version : Will Serena be fit for Miami?

henree
Mar 10th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Was wondering how you think Serena will look in Miami. And will anyone here be upset if she looks the same or worse than at Aussie Open this year?

msharafan
Mar 10th, 2006, 05:50 PM
sorry but dont really care, but i doubt shell be fit even if she decides to play.

-VSR-
Mar 10th, 2006, 05:52 PM
sorry but dont really care, but i doubt shell be fit even if she decides to play.

You obviously care if you came in here and posted. :o :haha:

But, yes, I will be pissed if she shows up out of shape. But I have faith in Serena and Venus for that matter.

Mightymirza
Mar 10th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Well to be frank,I just dont see the old fired up serena anymore..The same intensity is not there..Movement is sluggish and worst thing is that there doesnt seem to be even ray of hope..I just hope shes working her butt off for fitness else quite a waste of talent must say...

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 10th, 2006, 06:16 PM
she'll be ready.

Pheobo
Mar 10th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Why even bother with the thread when you know what answers you're gonna get? For the most part, Serena fans will say yes and non-fans will say no.

Denise4925
Mar 10th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Why even bother with the thread when you know what answers you're gonna get? For the most part, Serena fans will say yes and non-fans will say no.
Wrong. I say, I don't know. I'm hoping she will show up fit and ready to play, but no one can say for sure because no one really knows what shape she is in but Serena herself. Of course I will be upset if she is the same or in worse shape than in Australia.

Cam'ron Giles
Mar 10th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Now how the hell are we suppose to know this? :rolleyes:

alfonsojose
Mar 10th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Fit to fill the stadium or just to compete in there ;)

Sanneriet
Mar 10th, 2006, 08:33 PM
I am actually looking forward to see what happens in Miami. I do believe Venus will play and be ready (but her lack of match play will probably cost her), but I am not even sure Serena will play. It will be interesting to me to see if she does and how well she plays. It might reveal a bit about where her head is at right now.

Volcana
Mar 10th, 2006, 08:36 PM
a) It won't bother me, because I don't know why she hasn't been playing.
b) If it's a leg injury of any kind, the odds of her showing up fit are pretty slight.
c) Showing up at all would be an improvement. As long as she's fit by Rome, she's pretty much covered. Her seeding is shot til she wins another slam anyway.

SelesFan70
Mar 10th, 2006, 08:41 PM
she'll be ready.

I think she'll be ready mentally...

eugreene2
Mar 10th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Wow, Serena is still the most popular player in tennis. These threads are the best piece of evidence.

Carmen Mairena
Mar 10th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Of course none of us is able to know how fit she will be. But I don't think she'll be ready for Key Biscayne...

Simplicity
Mar 10th, 2006, 08:58 PM
I'll tell you when I see her :)

Simplicity
Mar 10th, 2006, 08:59 PM
:o Do you learn?! :confused:

PLP
Mar 10th, 2006, 09:26 PM
I think she will be more fit...it's possible that she is fit and it is just that her butt has gotten bigger...it could be all muscle???

Also I think she still has a shot if she plays, Besides Kim's win last year, since '97 the ONLY winners have been Martina(2X), Venus(3X), and Serena(3X) and I just have a feeling that the winner will be one of those 3...just a feeling, P

tennisjay
Mar 10th, 2006, 09:27 PM

She don't really need to be that fit to be your favorite, remeber she wasn't that fit when she beat down Maria to win the AO.

köj-è
Mar 10th, 2006, 09:31 PM
i don't know.

Ferosh
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Is she going to be there for sure?

msharafan
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:13 PM
'She don't really need to be that fit to be your favorite, remeber she wasn't that fit when she beat down Maria to win the AO.' by tennisjay
there you go again tennisjay you are seriously sad now looking for things to say bad about maria who do you support(ive asked you this before and you didnt reply, and if you dont support anyone why dont you shove off!), cause not every tennis player is perfect especially serena. im just sick to death of you with your sly little comments but do you know what? your a sad pathetic loser who has nothing better to do than be jealous of maria and what shes achieved, i dont know what you have against her or her fans(maybe you think all maria fans think shes the best when we dont), and i just dont understand you one bit. but im not going to wast my time on you, and everyone else if tennisjay hasnt already turned you against maria and her fans then just ignore the sad little trouble maker and prick!!!

Denise4925
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:19 PM
'She don't really need to be that fit to be your favorite, remeber she wasn't that fit when she beat down Maria to win the AO.' by tennisjay
there you go again tennisjay you are seriously sad now looking for things to say bad about maria who do you support(ive asked you this before and you didnt reply, and if you dont support anyone why dont you shove off!), cause not every tennis player is perfect especially serena. im just sick to death of you with your sly little comments but do you know what? your a sad pathetic loser who has nothing better to do than be jealous of maria and what shes achieved, i dont know what you have against her or her fans(maybe you think all maria fans think shes the best when we dont), and i just dont understand you one bit. but im not going to wast my time on you, and everyone else if tennisjay hasnt already turned you against maria and her fans then just ignore the sad little trouble maker and prick!!!
:retard: You're the one who entered a Serena thread saying something negative. Like someone said in another thread, don't stick your head in a hornets nest if you don't want to get stung.

RJWCapriati
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:30 PM

:yeah:

Slumpsova
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:50 PM
she better be fit :scared:

So Disrespectful
Mar 11th, 2006, 01:25 AM
I think Serena will be thinner, but not neccessarily fitter. We'll have to wait and see...

Pheobo
Mar 11th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Wrong. I say, I don't know. I'm hoping she will show up fit and ready to play, but no one can say for sure because no one really knows what shape she is in but Serena herself. Of course I will be upset if she is the same or in worse shape than in Australia.

*ahem* "For the most part"

Stamp Paid
Mar 11th, 2006, 02:47 AM
WhatEVAR!!!!

LucasArg
Mar 11th, 2006, 02:53 AM
I really hope she is fit and ready to play, also Venus!

Vaidisova
Mar 11th, 2006, 03:10 AM
I doubt it.

morningglory
Mar 11th, 2006, 04:20 AM
So she is 100% playing? Great :D

starr
Mar 11th, 2006, 05:40 AM
I think Serena will want to play in Miami if she intends to play this season. Not playing will really effect her ranking. She has had time to get in shape and be ready to play. It will be interesting to see what happens. I have no idea.

I did see Venus and Serena on access hollywood or some such program showing up at an oscar party and being asked if they were on vacation and the reply was no we're working all the time and we play all the big tournaments. I guess that means the slams and Miami.

harloo
Mar 11th, 2006, 05:53 AM
My guess is that she nor Venus will be fit by Miami, however that's just pure speculation on my part.

It sure would be nice to see them playing again. It's been a while and I cannot wait to see them back on court.;)

jacobruiz
Mar 11th, 2006, 08:10 AM
She don't really need to be that fit to be your favorite, remeber she wasn't that fit when she beat down Maria to win the AO.

Serena didn't "beat down" Maria. She had ONE POINT more than Maria in an extremely close 3 set match. And she didn't beat her to win the AO, it was a semi-final.:rolleyes:

And Maria wasn't that fit either, unfortunately.

PLP
Mar 11th, 2006, 08:21 AM
I think Serena will want to play in Miami if she intends to play this season. Not playing will really effect her ranking. She has had time to get in shape and be ready to play. It will be interesting to see what happens. I have no idea.

I did see Venus and Serena on access hollywood or some such program showing up at an oscar party and being asked if they were on vacation and the reply was no we're working all the time and we play all the big tournaments. I guess that means the slams and Miami.

This is a great point. If she doesn't play Miami the season alarm will def. go off for Serena, Venus as well. I hope they play and at least win a few matches, even if they are not 100% ready/fit.
It's difficult to believe injury is the problem when they are constantly going out and having a blast.