PDA

View Full Version : Raymond talks about her partnership with Stosur

spiceboy
Mar 10th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Pacific Life Open notes for Friday, March 10

The Desert Sun
March 10, 2006

Raymond's on top again in doubles: A four-time doubles champion, Lisa Raymond said she's relishing a new role with a new partner.

Having teamed with Samantha Stosur, Raymond is back on top in doubles, having earned the No. 1 seed.

Raymond has won Indian Wells three times with Lindsay Davenport and once with Rennae Stubbs.

"It's a new role for me. In the past, I've played partners that were the less emotional leader," Raymond said. "Now, I kind of take that role and it feels good. It's nice to be the one who kind of leads the team. It's been a nice role for me."

Last year, Raymond and Stosur teamed up at the start of the summer hardcourt season in Stanford.

"Well, the funny thing is, we didn't click in the beginning," Raymond said. "It took us a couple tournaments to get familiar with each other and work out the kinks." They got it going right before the U.S. Open by winning New Haven. Raymond and Stosur would ride their momentum into winning the U.S. Open and the year-end WTA Championships in Los Angeles. This year, the duo is 15-2 and reached the finals of the Australian Open.

Helen Lawson
Mar 10th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Is she doing Stosur like she was doing Stubbs?

vertigo
Mar 10th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Is she doing Stosur like she was doing Stubbs?

That's what I was thinking. ;) Well, at least she gets to be the "leader" here.

Morrissey
Mar 10th, 2006, 08:58 PM
I always wondered about Samantha Stosur, and afterall her coach is Gigi Fernandez...

Sunny_Boy
Mar 10th, 2006, 09:50 PM
LOL!! Too funny

The Kaz
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:47 PM
If you are implying what i think you are implying...FUCK OFF :mad:

Sam's Slave
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:49 PM
I always wondered about Samantha Stosur, and afterall her coach is Gigi Fernandez...

WAS her coach

miss_molik
Mar 10th, 2006, 11:54 PM
If you are implying what i think you are implying...FUCK OFF :mad:
ditto - get a life