PDA

View Full Version : sharapova for the title?

msharafan
Mar 10th, 2006, 06:42 AM
anyone got any views on this? i think she has a good chance to get to the final where i think shell have figured out how to beat justine as i here this is the quickest surface they have played on together, and maria will be looking for the R word. so what do you guys rate maria as doing in this tournie and then why?
and p.s: tennisjay does not need to reply to this one cause he will only mae some stupid and ignorant point slating maria!

pcrtennis
Mar 10th, 2006, 06:52 AM
There are other players in even this depleted draw that are better than Sharapova...

space_gracie
Mar 10th, 2006, 07:08 AM
if she reaches the semis and faces davenport, it will be a repeat of last year's semis and i think that it will bother her.

anyways, she's got a good draw but i don't think she will win the tournament.

peace:)

Mafia_Sharapova
Mar 10th, 2006, 08:07 AM
she'll win the title.

Go Maria :bounce:

bellascarlett
Mar 10th, 2006, 08:07 AM
There are other players in even this depleted draw that are better than Sharapova...

:lol: Considering the players in the draw, Maria is second to Justine in terms of Race ranking points with only three tournaments entered this year. In other words, so far this year, she's done better than 99% of the draw. :p

PLP
Mar 10th, 2006, 08:13 AM
I think it depends on who she faces in the semis and I believe it would be either Lindsay or Martina...I just can't see either of them losing to Myskina(in the quarters...possibly). I actually think it would be better for her if it is Davenport because she would get sheer pace and not have to think and would probably beat her in 3. If she faces Hingis it could go either way...if she faces Myskina she will definitely get to the final, P

SloKid
Mar 10th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Who is Shell? :scratch: :p

supreme*
Mar 10th, 2006, 11:15 AM
if she reaches the semis - faces davenport... and win davenport ! then i guess that she will win the title sure !

Jackson.
Mar 10th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Good luck Masha :bigwave: Certainly has an open draw...

TeaMMashA
Mar 10th, 2006, 12:24 PM
She will win!! :worship: :bounce: i think its funny people our predicting a double bagel again! just because it happened last year noone would predict it if it didnt i just dont get it!!

Dementinator
Mar 10th, 2006, 12:28 PM
nope .she wont ,its not Edgebaston is it...

TeaMMashA
Mar 10th, 2006, 12:30 PM
nope .she wont ,its not Edgebaston is it...
:haha: sooooorrrryyyy elena dementieva!! yeah like thats the only title she won!! ;) dont hate because Masha knocked her out of her first and last birmingham!!

E. Blackadder
Mar 10th, 2006, 01:06 PM
justine will show her every corner again if they should meet

azmad_88
Mar 10th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Maria will win Birmingham

Mark Spruce
Mar 10th, 2006, 01:20 PM
shell get to the final

Simplicity
Mar 10th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Definitely Semis or Finals.. She won't win the title. There is no doubt in my mind about i

parn2257
Mar 10th, 2006, 01:39 PM
sharapova is good but she is not the only one in this..
so I think that she may get to the semis at less.

msharafan
Mar 10th, 2006, 04:58 PM
just going back to the double bagel issue i was looking through the iw pictures from last year and noticed that when she played lindsay she was wearing her dress shed been wearing all week but another long sleeved shirt over it this would suggesy a cold or flew or somthing and also did you here what maria said after she beat lindsay in dubai
she said ' i knew if i didnt play my best tennis today i could still win'
this would suggest that maria must have been having a terrible day last year in the iw semis against dav. so i think maria will get to the final and surprise everyone by winning it whether thats by beating dementieva justine or somone else.

bellascarlett
Mar 10th, 2006, 05:06 PM
just going back to the double bagel issue i was looking through the iw pictures from last year and noticed that when she played lindsay she was wearing her dress shed been wearing all week but another long sleeved shirt over it this would suggesy a cold or flew or somthing and also did you here what maria said after she beat lindsay in dubai
she said ' i knew if i didnt play my best tennis today i could still win'
this would suggest that maria must have been having a terrible day last year in the iw semis against dav. so i think maria will get to the final and surprise everyone by winning it whether thats by beating dementieva justine or somone else.

let's just wait and see first if she gets to the semis...

msharafan
Mar 10th, 2006, 05:09 PM
yeah of course but you cant denigh she has a good chance.. then again better not get our hopes up, anything could happen, but i have faith.

msharafan
Mar 19th, 2006, 10:34 PM
i was right maria won and as for this from pcrtennis
'There are other players in even this depleted draw that are better than Sharapova...'

what do you have to say for yourself now!

fonsito
Mar 19th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Definitely Semis or Finals.. She won't win the title. There is no doubt in my mind about i

i wish i knew how stupid this person must be feeling now

msharafan
Mar 19th, 2006, 10:45 PM
yeah simplicity you are pretty stupid and so is pcrtennis! <laugh!>

Dougal Maguire
Mar 19th, 2006, 10:50 PM
What a LUCKY player she is.

~Carsten~
Mar 19th, 2006, 10:52 PM
mmmh the Title will be hard to get, but I think she has got great chances to reach the final!