PDA

View Full Version : Miami....what happens if players dont go?

Martina2
Mar 9th, 2006, 08:42 PM
I heard something like they get "zero" points.....is this true and what does it mean??

It catn just mean they dont get any points that week because if they didnt enter they wouldnt have had any points anway.

Can someone explain this....its probably really simple i just cant get my head around it. :)

Helen Lawson
Mar 9th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Faye Dunaway puts on cold cream, dons a black robe, and beats them with a wire hanger, trashes their closet and makes them clean up the bathroom after she sprays it with Bon Ami.

alwayshingis
Mar 9th, 2006, 09:08 PM
It counts as one of their 17 tournaments, and they get 0 points.

Mightymirza
Mar 9th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Faye Dunaway puts on cold cream, dons a black robe, and beats them with a wire hanger, trashes their closet and makes them clean up the bathroom after she sprays it with Bon Ami.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Martina2
Mar 9th, 2006, 09:17 PM

ah ok!!! that makes sense! thanks for explanation!

henmanhill
Mar 9th, 2006, 09:52 PM
What if they say they're sick or injured?

LefandePatty
Mar 9th, 2006, 10:05 PM
they're banned.

vogus
Mar 9th, 2006, 11:33 PM

and for most of the top stars, who play fewer than 17 events anyway, that means jack squat.

PLP
Mar 9th, 2006, 11:39 PM
LOL...I would love to see her try to fdo that to Davenport, actually I would pay for that!

Is Lindsay the only top player who def. won't play Miami at this point?

DutchieGirl
Mar 9th, 2006, 11:56 PM
and for most of the top stars, who play fewer than 17 events anyway, that means jack squat.

:scratch:

Clijsters: 19
Mauresmo: 21
Henin 12 - she hasn't really played a full year after her comeback from the virus
Davenport: 14 - yeah this i'll give :p
Sharapova: 15 - also had the shoulder injury
Pierce: 13 - I'll also give
Petrova: 27
Dementieva: 21
Schnyder: 25
V. Williams 10 - and they never played a full schedule anyway
Schiavone: 23
Myskina: 18
Kuznetsova: 18
Vaidisova: 18 (and she's still under AER :p )
Hantuchova: 25

so 5/top 15 actually only played less then 17 tourneys, and 10 played more. 2 of whom have been injured anyway, and would have normally played more . plus Venus, who never played much anyway! :p

So I don't think it exactly means "jack squat" to the toppers... maybe to a couple, but not to all. :p

felipe2004
Mar 10th, 2006, 12:03 AM
yeah, they can only count 16 tournaments, insetead of 17. And they also have to pay a fine, I believe, but not sure about it

DutchieGirl
Mar 10th, 2006, 12:04 AM
yeah, they can only count 16 tournaments, insetead of 17. And they also have to pay a fine, I believe, but not sure about it

I think if they are injured they wouldn't have to pay a fine, but if they just don't go, then they probably would have to. ;)

terjw
Mar 11th, 2006, 03:49 PM
I think if they are injured they wouldn't have to pay a fine, but if they just don't go, then they probably would have to. ;)

Whatever the reason - a gold exempt player would lose 25% of the compensation they would receive if they fulfilled their player committment contract. That would be a loss of $125000 for a top 3 gold exempt player

There is also a fine for withdrawing but they wouldn't have to pay that if the reason is a bone fide injury or illness.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 11th, 2006, 05:00 PM
they get a 0 pointer
and as for paying a fine, thats why they went to Dubai for :lol:

matthias
Mar 11th, 2006, 05:06 PM
they get a 0 pointer
and as for paying a fine, thats why they went to Dubai for :lol:

oh - okay
thats why they playing Dubai to earn enough money to pay her fine
smart girls