PDA

View Full Version : Myskina won't play Fed Cup this year

spiceboy
Mar 9th, 2006, 06:51 PM
MYSKINA OUT OF FED CUP: Anastasia Myskina, currently the 12th-ranked player in the world, said she decided Wednesday morning she will not play in the Fed Cup for Russia this year.

"(The commitment) is too much for me," Myskina said. "This year I want to play for myself. I put a lot of energy into the team. I've played every time they asked me, and I'm always ready to play if they need me, but it's been too much."

Russia has won the last two Fed Cups and Myskina has been a star on those teams. In those two years, Myskina went 9-3 in singles matches and 1-0 in doubles matches. Russia is slated to play Belgium on April 22-23.

mr_burns
Mar 9th, 2006, 06:54 PM
expected

Spunky83
Mar 9th, 2006, 06:59 PM
These news were already buried under the Sharapova misses Fed Cup-article yesterday;)

meyerpl
Mar 9th, 2006, 07:04 PM
As a Myskina fan, I support her decision. It's ironic that I JUST had the Tennis Channel become available and Fed Cup will be broadcast there. It would have given me a rare opportunity to watch Nastya play on television where I live. Oh well, that's the way it goes. I'm looking forward to Nastya focusing her effort more on her individual goals because I think she burned herself out a bit in the past with too many obligations.

TeaMMashA
Mar 9th, 2006, 07:05 PM
We will still win! :)

jogoss_78
Mar 9th, 2006, 07:13 PM
We will still win! :)

:lol: You wish :lol:

Come-on-kim
Mar 9th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Nastya :sad: I ordered tickets for two reasons : Kim and you :lol: (Bibi, I'll pay you soon don't worry ;))

Spunky83
Mar 9th, 2006, 07:32 PM
As a Myskina fan, I support her decision. It's ironic that I JUST had the Tennis Channel become available and Fed Cup will be broadcast there. It would have given me a rare opportunity to watch Nastya play on television where I live. Oh well, that's the way it goes. I'm looking forward to Nastya focusing her effort more on her individual goals because I think she burned herself out a bit in the past with too many obligations.

Oh, the tennis channel! Lucky you :worship:

SvetaPleaseWin.
Mar 9th, 2006, 07:41 PM
will kirilenko take her place?

TeaMMashA
Mar 9th, 2006, 07:42 PM
:lol: You wish :lol:

how did you know i was granted 3 wishes by a genie!! :eek: and your right yes one of those wishes was that russia would win fed cup!! :)

Almalyk
Mar 9th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Good decision Nastya. Concentrate on singles please.

Sammm
Mar 9th, 2006, 08:03 PM
good, Fed cup is a load of worthless shit

TeaMMashA
Mar 9th, 2006, 08:09 PM
good, Fed cup is a load of worthless shit

Only because the british suck at it!! :haha:

Sammm
Mar 10th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Only because the british suck at it!! :haha:
If it's so important then why isn't Masha playing? Scared that Kuzzy and the other Russians will beat her up?
Anyway, Fed Cup isn't important anyway. iT HAS NONE OF THE HISTORY OF THE DAVIS CUP ETC

DutchieGirl
Mar 10th, 2006, 12:47 AM
If it's so important then why isn't Masha playing? Scared that Kuzzy and the other Russians will beat her up?
Anyway, Fed Cup isn't important anyway. iT HAS NONE OF THE HISTORY OF THE DAVIS CUP ETC

yeah because people like you keep making it that way by not being interested in it... if people got interested, it'd build a history! :p

Marshmallow
Mar 10th, 2006, 12:52 AM
The right decision, she's done enough. I hope the extra time she devotes to herself pays off on the court.

Comeback 2004 Myskina. *\o/*

Sammm
Mar 10th, 2006, 01:53 AM
yeah because people like you keep making it that way by not being interested in it... if people got interested, it'd build a history! :p

I'm sure I have as much influenece as top 10 players inthe world :rolleyes:

DutchieGirl
Mar 10th, 2006, 11:31 AM
I'm sure I have as much influenece as top 10 players inthe world :rolleyes:

what the hell have the top 10 players in the world got to do with what I said? :scratch:

TeaMMashA
Mar 10th, 2006, 11:43 AM

Actually its because she is concentrating on singles at the moment, she has hung out with the russians many a time on the tour and has said of her desire to play so its very doubtful she is scared my friend