PDA

View Full Version : She's TOPS!

funkydynamo
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Hi all! I've been visiting this site on a regular basis for the past year, and i thought a contribution was well overdue. So here it is, my first post .... I'm a pretty new convert to the wonder that is "Lindsay". Only really became a fan when i saw her in action at the Aus Open in 2005. I mean she's been around forever, but I never really took the time to appreciate just how good she is. But that has all changed and now i'm hooked. What i like most about her (apart from her sense of humour and tennis skills of course) is that she seems really down to earth and grounded and knows what matters most to her in life. Namely Jon, her family, her friends and then tennis. And i think that is probably what i respect most about her. Yeah she desperately wants that Grand Slam title (which will be Wimbeldon 2006), but her marriage and family come first, and she's not afraid to admit it. I also think her husband Jon deserves a big pat on the back. Without his support and encouragement, from what I've read, I honestly believe she would have left the game a few years ago. But she's still out there, yeah not playing the best of late and causing endless frustration to all her fans (I was at this years Aus Open again ... and I have to say Lindsay is very stressful to watch ... she likes building the drama), but she's still there! I've probably rabbitted on for far to long, but I just wanted to say I think she's TOPS.

Ps: More Jon photo's and info ... he's gorgeous!

GrandSlam05
Mar 9th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Hi funky nice to meet you. I am a new fan like yourself didn't start watching tennis at all really until USO 2004, but when I saw Lindsay play I was hooked. Wimbledon 2006 baby! :bounce:

Lindsayfan32
Mar 9th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Welcome Funky hope you enjoy the board. I've been a Lindsay fan since 1994 and yes the 32 is my age and I am really old person on this board so I've been told of late. But I am young at heart.

lindsayno1
Mar 9th, 2006, 09:15 PM
ahhh lol

RayRob
Mar 9th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Thanks for posting Funky! Yes, I like and respect the same things about Lindsay as you do.

Lindsay32 :lol: it might have been me who said that because I thought I was one of the oldest....LOL.....other than Jan when she pays a visit ;) Yep, I tried to be a fan since '94 - lack of tennis on TV meant I was only able to remember Lindsay when Wimbledon came around.......was able to watch a little more in '96 because I got Cable TV then......but was more "full-time" throughout '99. :D

Welcome on board :yeah:
-Rache