PDA

View Full Version : Bad Calls This Year

PLP
Mar 9th, 2006, 07:33 AM
Well, it looks like technology has finally caught up to the WTA...Which is great but it will eliminate much of the fun drama caused by badline calls. :rolleyes: I am sure that this is mostly a good thing but I thought we should keep track of the matches 'this year' that are influenced by badline calls as they will most likely become obsolete in the near future.

#1 Mirza/Hinigs Dubai
There were at least 5 obvious calls that went against Martina in the first set, and the crowd was very obnoxious...of course she ended up winning it anyway and the smile on her face at the end of that 1st set was classic Hingis, P

Mana
Mar 9th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Thw worst one has to be that 'ace' that Sharapova served to Dani at the AO this year:o. It was out by a mile!

azmad_88
Mar 9th, 2006, 08:33 AM
One went with Sharapova at BP 4th ROund vs Dani
2 went agaisnt her at SF vs Jusitne
one bp at 2-3 to level it(3rd set)
one gp at 2-4 to make it 3-4 but she ended up losing and was down 2-5
but she won the next 2 games.
Imagine if Hawk eye was there
because Maria won 2 games to make it 5-4 before losing 6-4

PLP
Mar 9th, 2006, 10:12 AM

Oh Yeah, I felt really bad for Maria at that point...I thought she was gonna strangle someone during that set, P

Erika_Angel
Mar 9th, 2006, 10:16 AM
*cough* Dokic ... :lol:

That call was not either clearly in or out, you couldn't even tell from the replay 100% and for the umpire to overule on MP on the opposite side of the court right in the corner .... stupid.

Another umpire summed it up perfectly in a match the very next day "I can't overrule that from here..."

Shoulderpova
Mar 9th, 2006, 10:53 AM
bp at 2all to go up 3*-2
gp at 2*-3 to level 3 all
:wavey:
Henin was just a lucky bitch :yawn:

gary
Mar 9th, 2006, 11:01 AM
bp at 2all to go up 3*-2
gp at 2*-3 to level 3 all
:wavey:
Henin was just a lucky bitch :yawn:

I agree :yeah: :worship:

bellascarlett
Mar 9th, 2006, 11:26 AM

exactly...why couldnt they have this at the AO? ugh! oh well huge sigh that we have it now...well at least the process of incorporating it into matches has begun...we'll see how it all works out...

PLP
Mar 9th, 2006, 11:53 AM
exactly...why couldnt they have this at the AO? ugh! oh well huge sigh that we have it now...well at least the process of incorporating it into matches has begun...we'll see how it all works out...

Yeah...I imagine that by the beginning of next year most if not all of the tournaments will have it, at least the big ones, but we will see, P

Jenny.C.Fan
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:01 PM
some of the calls at antwerp were horrific. Dementieva in the semi's and amelie in the final against kim got some terrible calls

greenfunkTHREE.
Mar 10th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Thw worst one has to be that 'ace' that Sharapova served to Dani at the AO this year:o. It was out by a mile!

OMG! EXACTLY!

msharafan
Mar 10th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Oh Yeah, I felt really bad for Maria at that point...I thought she was gonna strangle someone during that set, P
yeah and thats why i think maria struggled with the bad line call at the end of the first set she must have been thinking deja vu..
it was terrible she lost all hope after that point and that doesnt surprise me why she is one of the top players to speak up and welcome the hawk eye.
lets hope at iw maria wont get any more bad line calls especially if its against justine, and also maybe now that miami has the hawk eye she can beat justine once more(as she beat her last year in miami)

msharafan
Mar 10th, 2006, 05:07 PM
sorry im talking about the dubai final when i say maria lost all hope and got deja vu.