PDA

View Full Version : ESPN2 Announces Indian Wells Schedule

tennisIlove09
Mar 9th, 2006, 02:32 AM
ESPN2 Announces Indian Wells Schedule
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/McEnroeDrysdaleCarillo.jpg
McEnroe,Drysdale,Carillo By Tennis Week
03/09/2006

ESPN2 will provide new sights and sounds when it commences 27 hours of live Pacific Life Open coverage from Indian Wells on Sunday starting at 4 p.m. Eastern time with early-round action. ESPN2 is introducing a variety of enhancements to complement its Emmy award winning ShotSpot line-calling technology.

While the Pacific Life Open will not use line-calling technology to aid officials — the Nasdaq-100 Open will become the first North American professional tournament to utilize line-calling technology and the player challenge system later this month — ESPN2's coverage of Indian Wells will feature the technology for viewers.

Additional ESPN2 enhancements are designed to take the viewer so close to the action on court you can almost hear the sweat pouring from players' pores. With the permission of the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour and the ATP, ESPN2 plans to:

Place wireless microphones on players and coaches during matches with their permission for audio to be used during replays
Present video from practice sessions that utilizes similar microphones
Use enhanced access for hand-held, on-court cameras
Pursue interviews with players and officials to better address storylines using greater access to the players’ lounge and locker room areas.
"ESPN has a long tradition of excellence through innovation, and we’re excited to bring these breakthroughs to this great sport on the home of tennis, ESPN2," said Len DeLuca, ESPN senior vice president, programming and acquisitions. "We applaud the ATP, USTA and WTA for their vision, allowing 21st Century technology to better serve fans and the sport."

ESPN2 Schedule For Pacific Life Open from Indian Wells
all times are Eastern

Sunday, March 12th: 4-8 p.m. early-round play live coverage.
Monday, March 13th: 2–6 p.m. and 10 p.m.-midnight early-round play live coverage.
Tuesday, March 14th: 4–6 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.–1:30 a.m. early-round play live coverage.
Wednesday, March 15th: 2–6 p.m. and 11 p.m.–1 a.m. early-round play live coverage.
Thursday, March 16th: 2–6 p.m. and 10 p.m.-midnight mid-round play live coverage.
Friday, March 17th: 2–6 p.m. and 10 p.m.-midnight Quarterfinal live coverage.
Saturday, March 18th: 5:30–7:30 p.m. Women’s Final live coverage.
Sunday, March 19th: 2:30–4:30 a.m. Men’s Semifinal taped coverage.
Sunday, March 19th: 2-5 p.m. Men's Final live coverage.

V's a star
Mar 9th, 2006, 02:49 AM
sounds fun

Martian Stacey
Mar 9th, 2006, 02:51 AM
The players will wear microphones? :eek:

Wiggly
Mar 9th, 2006, 02:54 AM
The players will wear microphones? :eek:

Please not Sharapova :lol: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ;)

Ryan
Mar 9th, 2006, 02:56 AM
:sad: I dont think Canucks get to see any of this, is that true?

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:10 AM
how exciting. only non-exciting part is mary carillo is AGAIN commentating....*blah*

Martian Stacey
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:21 AM
Please not Sharapova :lol: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ;)
:lol:

Meesh
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:24 AM
WOW, microphones. That should be interesting. Now I really want JENN to come back :lol:

meyerpl
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:53 AM
how exciting. only non-exciting part is mary carillo is AGAIN commentating....*blah*
As soon as Carillo starts talking, my gag reflex kicks in.

Mightymirza
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:54 AM
I dunno if they r gonna show much of WTA though coz on their website appart from Womens final everything else is for ATP.... :o :fiery: :fiery: Not even womens SF mentioned in schedule while even mens quarters is mentioned :fiery: :fiery:

~CANUCK~
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:59 AM
:sad: I dont think Canucks get to see any of this, is that true?
no tsn shows some of it, but not all

alwayshingis
Mar 9th, 2006, 06:43 AM
I dunno if they r gonna show much of WTA though coz on their website appart from Womens final everything else is for ATP.... :o :fiery: :fiery: Not even womens SF mentioned in schedule while even mens quarters is mentioned :fiery: :fiery:

No, they just list the tournament as an ATP event. There will be both men's and women's coverage throughout.

darrinbaker00
Mar 9th, 2006, 06:49 AM
WOW, microphones. That should be interesting. Now I really want JENN to come back :lol:
ESPN would have to hire someone with really quick hands to work the bleep machine... ;)