PDA

View Full Version : Funny things your family/friends said about tennis?

joaco
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Here I go. I was once playing a local tournament here in Argentina, and my sister went there to watch me play. As we took a look at the draw I had a Bye in the first round. Then my sister started looking at the rest of the draw and told me: "That Bye family is sure big! And they all play tennis" . I don't need to make any other comment after that one. Feel free to share!:D

Joaco

Helen Lawson
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:50 PM
If I posted what family and friends say about tennis players, I'd get suspended or banned.

Maryamator
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Here I go. I was once playing a local tournament here in Argentina, and my sister went there to watch me play. As we took a look at the draw I had a Bye in the first round. Then my sister started looking at the rest of the draw and told me: "That Bye family is sure big! And they all play tennis" . I don't need to make any other comment after that one. Feel free to share!:D

Joaco
:haha:!!!

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:59 PM
i remember always talking about serena and venus and my Mom would always say "oh those girls are only good because they're on steroids." hahahaha remember all those accusations? absolutely ridiculous :)

kosmikgroove
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:11 PM
my brother hates it because it's the only game you can win more points or more games and still lose.

AjdeNate!
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:27 PM
My mom can't remember my fave player's name. She called her Darlene Spore once... and it's stuck. When I talk tennis, I have to say Spore to her and not Sprem.

My brother thinks Ai Sugiyama is elite. Probably because that's the only tennis player's name he knows off the top of his head.

Corswandt
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:48 PM
If I posted what family and friends say about tennis players, I'd get suspended or banned.

Exactly the same with me.

Spunky83
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:00 PM

Oh yeah...starting with my brother calling every single Russian player "Naddddia", ending with my mum saying how she noticed that Mirka gets fatter with every win of Roger and that he should finally get rid of her...

always a pleasure to watch tennis with them :tape:

Corswandt
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:15 PM
my mum saying how she noticed that Mirka gets fatter with every win of Roger and that he should finally get rid of her...

Erm...That's just about the only thing I've heard from friends/relatives with which I tend to agree. :scared:

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:33 PM
I have a friend that is not a tennis expert at all, one day he read on the teletext something like Sharapova vs her opponent 61 62. When we met he said me: "Hey Filippo, I have read that Sharapova has lost sixty-one to sixty-two" :lol: