PDA

View Full Version : Come on Nastya, things can turn around.

Michael Pemulis
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Guys, I had one eye on Myskina play and I feel her potential is infinite. Sure, there are parts of her game she need to work on, but that only make her more interesting. I have also seen Nastya and I liked her a lot. She is a smart girl with a wicked sense of humor-about herself as well as everyone else. At the beginning of 2006, she is number 12 in the world, and she is losing some key matches to girls I thought she shouldn’t be losing to. Now it seems Nastya is in fine physical shape. I’m wondering what was going on in her head.

RR-87
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:06 AM
I wonder, where is her her former clever game? She was so good in tactics and now she changed her tennis to more powerfull. But hope she'll play great in the future again :)

greenfunkTHREE.
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:39 AM
I wish she's do better too. :(

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:55 AM
i think she needs some key wins to get her back to where she was

iine:
Mar 8th, 2006, 11:21 AM
i think she needs some key wins to get her back to where she was
Yeah, I agree. :) She needs to get a couple matches under her belt and a win against a top ten player, just to get the confidence back.

Michael Pemulis
Mar 8th, 2006, 11:54 AM
I'm a lot concerned about a second round match against Maria Sanchez Lorenzo. The spaniard is a tough opponent, very consistent. She wouldn't have to rush, just keep steady and wait the proper time to hit winners. A tennis match is a battle, not a hurry to get it all over with.

cindy
Mar 8th, 2006, 12:55 PM
everyone is wondering what is going on in her head...she certainly does it too sometimes!!!

goldenlox
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Grand Slam glory came too soon for Russia’s Myskina
Web posted at: 3/1/2006 1:34:21
Source ::: RR/The Peninsula http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/images/March2006/24myskna.jpgAnastasia Myskina

DOHA: Anastasia Myskina, one of six Russian players in the world top-20, believes her only Grand Slam glory at the French Open 2004 was one moment of global reckoning she was not quite ready for.

Myskina, who is seeking her third title at the US $600,000 Qatar Open, was honest enough to admit that her triumph at the Roland Garros two years ago came too soon for a player still trying to find her feet at the international level.

“Things happened so suddenly. My whole life changed after I won the French Open in 2004. I realised that, all of a sudden, I have become so famous, people coming up for handshakes and pictures. The fact that I was becoming popular was okay, but for a young person like me, things were happening too fast,” Myskina revealed yesterday.

“Soon after the French Open triumph, I was in the newspapers everyday. With me becoming popular, expectations of fans went up as well. All of a sudden I was expected to win every event I took part in or reach the final at least,” recalled the Russian, who has not won a WTA Tour title since January last year.

“The expectations of the fans and the global attention became too much for me. I couldn’t handle the pressure associated with fame and success,’ said Myskina.

The Russian wondered how England football captain David Beckham handles the media glare and the public attention so well. “I sometimes wonder how Beckham copes with the attention that he gets all the time. How does he manage himself in front of such public adulation or media focus,” asked the Russian.

Despite the public pressure and the media frenzy following her Roland Garros triumph, Myskina said the happenings of 2004 for good for Russian tennis. “That year, not only I but Maria Sharapova and Svetlana Kuznetsova also won Grand Slams. In all, three Russians won three of the four Grand Slam titles. That made tennis a huge sport at home. That is still the case and I am happy about it,” Myskina, who has 10 titles to her credit,” said. “I think Russian tennis is looking up and our players can win more Grand Slams. The Russian players are trying hard to win more Slams,” Myskina, who plays her first match in Doha today, said yesterday.

michelle11
Mar 8th, 2006, 03:27 PM
I wonder, where is her her former clever game? She was so good in tactics and now she changed her tennis to more powerfull. But hope she'll play great in the future again :)
right.
she tries to hit winners in every situation and the only effect is a lot of UE.
worst was AO vs schnyder where schnyder only had to wait for the mishits.
didn't need a lot to see schnyder laugh about this.

AKJH
Mar 8th, 2006, 11:12 PM
I think the Scnyder match example is good, because in 2004, Myskina wins this match 3 and 4. Myskina really needs to go deep into a tournament such as Indian Wells or Miami, this tournament would be perfect for her. If she gets to her quarterfinal match against davenport, whom she's had success against in the past, and puts her head in the right place, she could give Davenport some problems, but that's only if she's in the right state of mind.

If she were to get past Davenport, she stands a great chance against Maria, whom she owned (owns?), so this draw is not bad at all for her, if she can get through her first few matches, which is what has been killing her recently, is those first few matches of the tournament against lower ranked players.

No Name Face
Mar 8th, 2006, 11:18 PM
the thing i dont get about that article is that she make it seem like her win was flukey. it wasn't because she made it to #2 in the world. you can't be #2 with just a slam win. she won tier 1's, dominated top 10 players, etc...she was good.

i want her to replicate that form, just don't own lenaD...davai nastya

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 8th, 2006, 11:25 PM
i hope she can get in the top 8 again, i doubt she can ever be top 3.

fammmmedspin
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Her shots look OK its just the lack of consistency between the good ones at present - she just needs to get back into the groove..

angiee3
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:26 AM
i have faith that she will get better sometime soon... and we will see her playing like she did before.. she probably just needs to focus some more and some time....

UDiTY
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Ya know, people definitely doubt her these days. But I totally believe in her potential. In 2004 she beat Davenport TWICE indoors...has anyone ever done that!? And if you watch her first set of her match against Serena at the championships you will see Nastya at her best. Deep consistent groundies but with a tactical game.

iPatty
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:33 AM
I think the Scnyder match example is good, because in 2004, Myskina wins this match 3 and 4. Myskina really needs to go deep into a tournament such as Indian Wells or Miami, this tournament would be perfect for her. If she gets to her quarterfinal match against davenport, whom she's had success against in the past, and puts her head in the right place, she could give Davenport some problems, but that's only if she's in the right state of mind.

If she were to get past Davenport, she stands a great chance against Maria, whom she owned (owns?), so this draw is not bad at all for her, if she can get through her first few matches, which is what has been killing her recently, is those first few matches of the tournament against lower ranked players.
:retard: In case you never noticed, Patty Schnyder made the Semifinals of the Australian Open in 2004. She is a much better player than Anastasia than all surfaces, except for grass. :rolleyes:

Rexman
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:39 AM
:retard: In case you never noticed, Patty Schnyder made the Semifinals of the Australian Open in 2004. She is a much better player than Anastasia than all surfaces, except for grass. :rolleyes:

In case you haven't noticed, Anastasia has won a grand slam and made the QF of every grand slam.

Patty only does well in Melbourne.

iPatty
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:40 AM
In case you haven't noticed, Anastasia has won a grand slam and made the QF of every grand slam.

Patty only does well in Melbourne.
Good for her. She still got owned by Patty. :yeah:

Rexman
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:41 AM
How did Patty fair in the next round?

ctan88
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:45 AM
Anastasia is so frustrating to watch because everyone knows that she has the shots and that the talent is there ... HOPEFULLY she will rediscover some form to make entry into the top 10 ...

angiee3
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:50 AM
nastya's game is just not for people with any cardiac problems....
i just love her... (and her game... even though is not that good right now)

Summer_Snow
Mar 9th, 2006, 01:10 AM
She really has the talent and she's so smart there!!!
It all depends on her heart and her confident.....

iPatty
Mar 9th, 2006, 01:11 AM
How did Patty fair in the next round?
This isn't about Mauresmo, now is it? If you must know, Patty lost to Amelie Mauresmo 3-6, 0-6 (Which is the same amount of games Nastya won off of Patty). But at least she made the Quarterfinals. :shrug: I'm a big fan of Anastasia, but it's fans like you that piss me off.

:wavey:

AKJH
Mar 9th, 2006, 05:02 AM
This isn't about Mauresmo, now is it? If you must know, Patty lost to Amelie Mauresmo 3-6, 0-6 (Which is the same amount of games Nastya won off of Patty). But at least she made the Quarterfinals. :shrug: I'm a big fan of Anastasia, but it's fans like you that piss me off.

:wavey:

Look, first of all, Schnyder IS NOT a better player than Myskina. You could argue she is on clay, but hey, ur only argument is out the window, cuz who has won the French Open here? Thats right, Anastasia.

Second of All, if i recall, Anastasia was #2 in the world in 2004 and a few points away from #1, something Patty has never done, and will never do! I dont know if they played each other in 2004, but i can assure u Myskina of 2004 would have wipped Schnyder of 2004 or even 2006. I cant prove it, unless someone else knows if they played.

Third of all, YOU CANNOT SAY u are a big fan of Myskina when u are talking the way u are talking about her, you are only trying to cover ur behind...thats all. :rolleyes: