PDA

View Full Version : Contradictory article on Aravane Rezai in Newspaper: borrowed 8000$ to paly in Oz!!

"Sluggy"
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Yep, her father borrowed 8K so she could play in Australian Open. Sheesh, aint there enuf french money for her? Also article says her father does not watch her play which is a load of crap. During open Gaz i saw her watch her daughter play and lose to Séverine Betrand (formerly Beltrame). Her father watched from the tribune. I remember clearly cause i was with a group of hardcore fans and It couldnt be clearer in my mind. the article says, in french, he doesnt watch: "Pendant les matchs, Arsalan, son père et entraineur, respected les principes religieux et ne regarde pas sa fille jouer. "

It says that the father Arsalan, doesnt watch his daughter play, in compliance with Islamic religious principles.... BUSTED! :devil:

"Sluggy"
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:12 AM
bump

Supermonica
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Yep, her father borrowed 8K so she could play in Australian Open. Sheesh, aint there enuf french money for her? Also article says her father does not watch her play which is a load of crap. During open Gaz i saw her watch her daughter play and lose to Séverine Betrand (formerly Beltrame). Her father watched from the tribune. I remember clearly cause i was with a group of hardcore fans and It couldnt be clearer in my mind. the article says, in french, he doesnt watch: "Pendant les matchs, Arsalan, son père et entraineur, respected les principes religieux et ne regarde pas sa fille jouer. "

It says that the father Arsalan, doesnt watch his daughter play, in compliance with Islamic religious principles.... BUSTED! :devil:

What is "Aravane"?
:confused:

"Sluggy"
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:52 AM
What is "Aravane"?
:confused:

Aravane Rezai. i thought most people know who she is. she is Franco-Iranian and the 10th ranked French WTA player.

Astroferlondon
Mar 8th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Aravane Rezai. i thought most people know who she is. she is Franco-Iranian and the 10th ranked French WTA player.

Tennis fans had the chance to see her last year at Roland Garros , played second round against Sharapova , great powerful shots , but in the end too inconsistent , a bit a-la-Mirza. The Eurosport commentator was amazed by her game at first , but wisely said : " Well , if she is this good , why is she not ranked much higher , let's see if she can keep it up" . Unfortunately she couldn't.

Best of lucks Aravane :wavey:

Supermonica
Mar 8th, 2006, 12:58 PM

:lol: Sorry!
No insult intended.

But she is only #180 and so it's no wonder that most fans have not heard of her.

Bероника
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Can you post the article Sluggy? I would like to read it

"Sluggy"
Mar 9th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Can you post the article Sluggy? I would like to read it

I'll see if i can find it for you, but i dont have time to type it. I could also mail it to you by post, pm me if you like.

Hayato
Mar 9th, 2006, 07:50 AM
her father threatened to kill one of Aravane's opponent's father once.

CCCP1
Mar 9th, 2006, 07:54 AM
I have seen him watch her play before, he became very agitated

azza
Mar 9th, 2006, 08:02 AM
it doersnt cost 8G to get to Melb from France does it?

DutchieGirl
Mar 9th, 2006, 08:46 AM
it doersnt cost 8G to get to Melb from France does it?

It shouldn't...but if both are going and they wanna fly business class, then yeah it probably would! ;)

And I have also seen Aravane's father watching her matches.