(5)Dementieva/Pennetta vs Qualifiers
Daniilidou/Medina Garrigues vs Cohen-Aloro/Vento-Kabchi
Mirza/Sugiyama vs Foretz/Serra Zanetti
Rodionova/Woehr vs (2)Black/Stubbs

martinafan
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:12 AM
some very interesting teams here:

Bartoli plays doubles for the first time this year, with Groenefeld

Groenefeld and Shaughnessy, despite winning Acapulco last week, are NOT playing together this week.

Ruano Pascual/Shaughnessy :eek:

Mirza/Sugiyama :eek:

(7)Loit/Morariu :hearts:

pcrtennis
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:45 AM
Wow Ai and Sania!

Sharapova's_Boy
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Best of luck to :-

Myskina/Safina
Perebiynis/Salerni
Benesova/Strycova
(6)Dulko/Kirilenko
(5)Dementieva/Pennetta
Rodionova/Woehr

KoOlMaNsEaN
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:11 AM
Go Loit/Corina,Ash/Mattek,Dechy/Golovin,Marion/ALG,Nastya/Dinara!

Drake1980
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:30 AM
Fujiwara/Gagliardi:banana:

shirgan
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:35 AM
http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/new...55-15_B112216:1

India's Mirza hopes to partner Israeli Peer again
Wed Mar 8, 2006 5:54 AM GMT

By Matthew Cronin

INDIAN WELLS, March 7 (Reuters) - India's Sania Mirza is hoping to renew her doubles partnership with Israel's Shahar Peer despite protests from some Muslim and Jewish groups.

Mirza, whose poor recent form has seen her slip from a career-high ranking of 31 at the end of 2005 to 45th, said she would have played with Peer at this week's Pacific Life Open, but the Israeli player had already booked a partner.

"You shouldn't mix up sports with anything else," the 19-year-old told Reuters at the March 8-19 tournament in Indian Wells.

"If I had to follow the stereotype of what a woman athlete should be in India, then I wouldn't be playing tennis because there aren't many girls who pick up rackets when they are six. If you believe it's right, if your loved ones believe it's right, then it's right."

Mirza and Peer united for the first time when they reached the quarter-finals of the event in Bangkok last October, but their partnership was met with anger by some religious groups.

"We are playing sports," Peer said at the time in Thailand. "We don't think about politics. It's a good idea to bring (cultures) together, but we will play together because we want to and will have good results."

VERY EMOTIONAL

Mirza enjoyed a breakout season in 2005, capturing her first WTA title in Hyderabad and reaching the fourth round of the U.S. Open before succumbing to Russia's Maria Sharapova.

But her results in 2006 have been poor. She has won just three singles matches in five events since the turn of the year.

"You should never be satisfied. People come up with that I'm the first Indian woman to accomplish blah, blah, blah, and that's the hardest part for me," said the 28th seed for Indian Wells.

"I would like to believe I'm tough enough to cope with all this pressure, but everyone has their moments," she said. "We're not machines, we're human. We have our breakdowns and feel lonely.

"I know the pressure is getting harder by the day," she said. "People in India get very emotional about their heroes, but I'm going to try to block out as much as I can."

Under the tutelage of Roger Federer's coach Tony Roche, Mirza has changed her service action and believes she's making progress.

"The second year is tougher," she said. "People know your weaknesses more. That's why I'm changing my serve now because people were taking advantage of it. It couldn't get worse, so it had to get better."

RR-87
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Hingis doesn't play doubles again :(

*Jean*
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Waouh Meghann and Vivi !

~Carsten~
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Anna- Lena and Marion :eek:
well Good luck :)

Bus
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Good luck to
Li/Sun
Yan/Zheng
Dulko/Kirilenko
Craybas/Peng
Ruano Pascual/Shaughnessy
Mirza/Sugiyama

Foot's Fingers
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:03 AM
GO:

Rodionova/Woehr - what a bad draw

Lena/Flavia
Nastya/Dinara
Gisela/Masha

AjdeNate!
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Hmmmm, I must have had some bad info that K-Lina was playing doubles here. Hopefully she partners in Miami with Schiavone... or Pennetta as rumored.

Almalyk
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Myskina/Safina :hearts:
Dulko/Kirilenko :kiss:

shea
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Craybas/Peng
Dulko/Kirilenko

crazillo
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Bartoli/Groenefeld reunite. :eek:

Ruano Pascual/Shaughnessy is a very interesting team IMO.

Watch out for Mirza and Ai!

oren987
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:26 AM
http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/new...55-15_B112216:1

India's Mirza hopes to partner Israeli Peer again
Wed Mar 8, 2006 5:54 AM GMT

By Matthew Cronin

INDIAN WELLS, March 7 (Reuters) - India's Sania Mirza is hoping to renew her doubles partnership with Israel's Shahar Peer despite protests from some Muslim and Jewish groups.

Mirza, whose poor recent form has seen her slip from a career-high ranking of 31 at the end of 2005 to 45th, said she would have played with Peer at this week's Pacific Life Open, but the Israeli player had already booked a partner.

"You shouldn't mix up sports with anything else," the 19-year-old told Reuters at the March 8-19 tournament in Indian Wells.

"If I had to follow the stereotype of what a woman athlete should be in India, then I wouldn't be playing tennis because there aren't many girls who pick up rackets when they are six. If you believe it's right, if your loved ones believe it's right, then it's right."

Mirza and Peer united for the first time when they reached the quarter-finals of the event in Bangkok last October, but their partnership was met with anger by some religious groups.

"We are playing sports," Peer said at the time in Thailand. "We don't think about politics. It's a good idea to bring (cultures) together, but we will play together because we want to and will have good results."

VERY EMOTIONAL

Mirza enjoyed a breakout season in 2005, capturing her first WTA title in Hyderabad and reaching the fourth round of the U.S. Open before succumbing to Russia's Maria Sharapova.

But her results in 2006 have been poor. She has won just three singles matches in five events since the turn of the year.

"You should never be satisfied. People come up with that I'm the first Indian woman to accomplish blah, blah, blah, and that's the hardest part for me," said the 28th seed for Indian Wells.

"I would like to believe I'm tough enough to cope with all this pressure, but everyone has their moments," she said. "We're not machines, we're human. We have our breakdowns and feel lonely.

"I know the pressure is getting harder by the day," she said. "People in India get very emotional about their heroes, but I'm going to try to block out as much as I can."

Under the tutelage of Roger Federer's coach Tony Roche, Mirza has changed her service action and believes she's making progress.

"The second year is tougher," she said. "People know your weaknesses more. That's why I'm changing my serve now because people were taking advantage of it. It couldn't get worse, so it had to get better."

shirgan, That sould be posted in GM

LefandePatty
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:31 AM
(3)Ruano Pascual/Shaughnessy :lol: :lol:
Cohen-Aloro/Vento-Kabchi :lol:
Mirza/Sugiyama :lol:

good luck to :

(WC)Harkleroad/Mattek :hearts:
Fujiwara/Gagliardi :bounce:
Camerin/Garbin :bowdown:
Bartoli/Groenefeld :haha:
Birnerova/Domachowska :rocker:
(7)Loit/Morariu :rocker2:

ChrisCologne
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Might be that Ruano asked Shaughnessy to replace Suarez to replace Martinez ;-)

I think Suarez skipped the bigger events in the US on hc to concentrate on clay, same as Martinez skips all US events. Therefore, might be that Meghann this time turned down ALG for some reason same as ALG renewed some successful times with Marion.

Alicia Rocks
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Go Stosur/Raymond :D

shirgan
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:59 AM
shirgan, That sould be posted in GM
why?
it's relevant to the way the doubles partners where chosen in this tourny..
why not put it here?

Dexter
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Birnerova/Domachowska :cuckoo: :unsure: :tape:
nvm - good luck :cool:

Pszczelny
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Birnerova/Domachowska :cuckoo: :unsure: :tape:
nvm - good luck :cool:

:armed:

gudlak

Modiac.
Mar 8th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Maria Kirilenko/Gisela Dulko
Zi Yan/Jie Zheng
Tiantian Sun/Ting Li

GO GO GO ~!

iine:
Mar 8th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Go Myskina/Safina. :woohoo:

Nochi
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:02 PM
why Asagoe/McShea and Sugiyama/Mirza
what happened to this earth??

andrewC
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Let's go Li/Sun, keep up your good doubles form this year... Too bad you didn't win in Doha!

Jogi
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:38 PM
no A.-L./ Meghann :( :rolleyes:
silly decision

ivanovic
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:58 PM
No Ivanovic, Jankovic??

Wiggly
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Benesova/Strycova :eek: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

forever_rafter
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Good luck to Anabel & Eleni!

Meesh
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Good Luck Raymond/Stosur and Harkleroad/Mattek

aussy89
Mar 8th, 2006, 03:41 PM
go stosur/raymond

they got a tougher draw then stubbs and black i think

but the team of stosur/raymond can bring it home =)

njnetswill
Mar 8th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Craybas/Peng

:confused:

Jorn
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Marion and ALG :)

Good Luck

Santangelo/Washington ;)
Bartoli/Groenefeld
Dulko/Kirilenko :)
Dechy/Golovin
Ruano Pascual/Shaughnessy
Daniilidou/Medina Garrigues
Foretz/Serra Zanetti
Rodionova/Woehr

No Huber :sad:

AJZ.
Mar 8th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Go Zi/Jie!
Go Ai/Sania (strange, but interesting!)
Go Cara/Rennae!
Go Flavia/Elena!
Go Ling/Tian-tian!

Rising Sun
Mar 8th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Great to see Sania pairing up with a fellow Asian. Is this the first time she has (not including Israel)? :confused:

Gigi Sabatini
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Why isn't Suarez playing? Is she injured?

AceTennisGrrrl
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:52 PM
GL Sharhar:D

Elisse
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:04 PM
:bounce: Good Luck - Eleni & Anabel!!! :bounce:

Apoorv
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:15 PM
go lena/flavia and sania/ai

Ellery
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Goooooo:

Zi/Jie
Ting/Tiantian
Jill/Shuai
Rika/Emmanuelle
Stephanie/Maria VK

CooCooCachoo
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:05 PM
GO:

Lisa & Sam
Maria Elena & Tax :hearts: Great team.
Ting & Tiantian

Shino & Lisa
CARLY & Meilen Go Girls :hearts:
Emilie & Corina
Vivi & Meghann
Flavia & Elena
Steph & MAVK
Steph & Antonella

ctan88
Mar 9th, 2006, 01:41 AM
Myskina better win at least ONE doubles match at IW coz she needs to improve her ranking!!!

NO Hingis??

Drake1980
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:27 AM
I'm like totally waiting for Hingis to play some doubles!!

Yellow Moon
Mar 10th, 2006, 04:09 PM
I'm like totally waiting for Hingis to play some doubles!!

Your patience will bear fruit soon, Young Drake. It's all matter of time. I heard talk of Martina H. approaching Martina N. (the Legend) to play dblz at the Czech Open, the ancestral country of both. Only scheduling conflicts prevent the two Martinas stepping on the same half of the court: Martina H. is committed to Berlin that week. Martina N. is still on the lookout for a partner for that event and talking to Kveta Peschke and other candidates. The fact that Martina H. came up with the doubles idea tells me she will partake in it one day or another. Tennis can be addictive like that, to some . . .:angel:

Tom Boonen
Mar 10th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Gluck

Tati/Dechy
Benesova/Strycova

miss_molik
Mar 10th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Go sammy and lisa!!

Drake1980
Mar 15th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Rika/Gagliardi into the QF