PDA

View Full Version : Sometime ago I thought "It would be fun to have a goth chick playing in the WTA"

Corswandt
Mar 8th, 2006, 12:42 AM
I thought: the WTA could use a goth chick. She would bring a differente sense of style, on and off court. The WTA is all tanned chicks wearing outfits in sunny colours (OK, not all; there's Amy Frazier, and the new all-black Adidas line).

I was thinking along the lines of those goth cheerleaders of the Death Valley team on the Marilyn Manson "Fight Song" video:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/LordFlasheart/FSGC.jpg

(a low res still, but this way at least there's a chance the people who've seen this video will remember what I'm talking about)

You know the type: milky white complexion, jet black hair with the compulsory bangs, black retro outfit with some lace here and there, black eyeliner and so on.

But then I saw this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/LordFlasheart/ICK.jpg

and began to wonder that maybe it wasn't such a good idea.

PointBlank
Mar 8th, 2006, 12:54 AM
:rolls:.

Who is that?

germex
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Have you ever played tennis on daytime wearing black?

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:15 AM

Maybe this was an inoor night match.

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:17 AM
:rolls:.

Who is that?

:D One of the fastest rising US stars this year...Bethanie Mattek..who just qualified for Indian Wells... :worship: ... :wavey:

Junex
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:57 AM

I remember ferrero wore black in monte carlo...i just not so sure....

cometz9
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:08 AM
Nastya is a vampire :scared: doesn't that make her gothic :lol:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:59 AM
Goths dont usually do Sports or any Activities for that matter, so i doubt there would be any Goths ever in Tennis.

Corswandt
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Goths dont usually do Sports or any Activities for that matter, so i doubt there would be any Goths ever in Tennis.

Yeah, they're too busy moping about, writing bad poetry on their livejournals and kutting themselves.

skindeep
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:29 PM

word.

i'd like to see an emo-player

well we have vera, shes EMO :sad:

Sonf@
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:29 PM
well, last year's jankovic's outfit at dubai probably beat bethanny's

Greenout
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I'm sure we had one... trying to remember her name...

I don't know if she was a real Goth, but she really looked the part. Ok- the name was Catalina Cristea, and she's from Romania. People use to joke about her on the CBS sportsline board- being a Gothic chick! :lol:

Corswandt
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:34 PM

No, I haven't.

There are several teams who play in all-black gear though, from NZ's rugby national team to AA Coimbra and FC Tirsense (football), so it's not a physical impossibility.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/LordFlasheart/image.jpg

Corswandt
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:39 PM
i'd like to see an emo-player

well we have vera, shes EMO :sad:

The glasses! The glasses! And a Dashboard Confessional tee.

Man, that would rock harder than a goff.

How to dress emo (http://www.dobi.nu/emo/girls.htm)

Fantastic
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:44 PM
I'm sure we could convince Nastya to be the token WTA Tour Goth chick. I mean, she's already half-way there with her jet black hair and pale skin. Add some blood-red lipstick, face powder, and a black Clima Cool Nike dress and she's as good as set to mope around the tennis court cursing everybody into eternal damnation. ;)

miffedmax
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Yes, and Jens could write bad poetry about Nastya and recite it during matches.

volta
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Yes, and Jens could write bad poetry about Nastya and recite it during matches.
:lol:

marmite1
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:29 PM
I think she looks cute.

meyerpl
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:33 PM
I'm sure we could convince Nastya to be the token WTA Tour Goth chick. I mean, she's already half-way there with her jet black hair and pale skin. Add some blood-red lipstick, face powder, and a black Clima Cool Nike dress and she's as good as set to mope around the tennis court cursing everybody into eternal damnation. ;)
Nasya would never curse! :eek:

drake3781
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:34 PM

I don't know if she was a real Goth, but she really looked the part. Ok- the name was Catalina Cristea, and she's from Romania. People use to joke about her on the CBS sportsline board- being a Gothic chick! :lol:

Pictures Please!!!

And where is she now?

Brαm
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:13 PM
But then I saw this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/LordFlasheart/ICK.jpg

and began to wonder that maybe it wasn't such a good idea.Still looks a lot better than this outfit :scared: :eek: :haha: :spit:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/bram_born84/m1206z6.jpg

drake3781
Mar 8th, 2006, 07:08 PM
No!! I meant pictures of Catalina Cristea.

I don't want to see more of Bethanie Mattek's wardrobe choices...... please!

miffedmax
Mar 8th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Also, if Nastya went Goth (the pink "brunette" shirts would have to go, I'm afraid) I think Jens should change his name to one of the following (mostly copped from pro wrestling, I'm afraid)

Paul Bearer
Sammy Terry
John Doe
M.T. Graves
Warren Lock

You know, the more I think about it, the more I'm kind of liking the idea of Nastya in a long black cape and torn fishnets . . .

SelesFan70
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Goths can't play tennis...they'd be banned for doping. :rolleyes:

Spunky83
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Also, if Nastya went Goth (the pink "brunette" shirts would have to go, I'm afraid) I think Jens should change his name to one of the following (mostly copped from pro wrestling, I'm afraid)

Paul Bearer
Sammy Terry
John Doe
M.T. Graves
Warren Lock

You know, the more I think about it, the more I'm kind of liking the idea of Nastya in a long black cape and torn fishnets . . .

If Nastya gets rid of her pink clothes (incl. her pink high-heels!), she would run around naked like 80% of the time...

and I don´t really think that emo is gothic ;)

TonyP
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:51 PM
I thought Myskina was a goth chic.

borisy
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:52 PM
I think she looks good with black. Better than girly girly pink outfits.

Invisible Fan
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:57 PM
I think the all black look is ok, although the sparkly headband looks a bit out of place.

I particulalrly like the shoes, I want a pair like that :)

Number19
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:06 PM
If Nastya gets rid of her pink clothes (incl. her pink high-heels!), she would run around naked like 80% of the time...

Alright then. WTA get to banning all pink clothing. :banana: *

*I don't really like this smilie, but somehow it makes sense here ;)

angiee3
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:43 AM

that would be nice... (and with gens reading poetry....lol) :lol: :lol:

angiee3
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:45 AM
black is nice... (one of my favorite colors...)

tucker1989
Mar 9th, 2006, 01:38 AM
On WTATOUR, in her profile, for Bethanie's shoes it says "basketball shoes" :lol:

Rollo
Mar 16th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Natasha Zvereva would have been a cool goth gal. She loved black clothes and alternative music.

vogus
Mar 16th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Natasha Zvereva would have been a cool goth gal. She loved black clothes and alternative music.

Zvereva was a preppy at heart though, she liked hanging out at the beach with Grateful-Dead type dudes - very un-Goth.

When i saw this thread title, i thought, "But what about Mattek?"

Martian KC
Mar 16th, 2006, 01:25 PM
It's all in the eyeliner.

Greenout
Mar 16th, 2006, 01:33 PM
No!! I meant pictures of Catalina Cristea.

I don't want to see more of Bethanie Mattek's wardrobe choices...... please!

I actually found a picture of Cristea! :p

http://www.vflbochum-tennis.de/grafiken/2004_cristea_001.jpg

starr
Mar 16th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Bethanie looks more like a skateboard park chick than she does a goth. :)

Not in the pictures, but when you see her in real life.

Lulu.
Mar 16th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I like the all black outfit including the shoes but I cant do without that headband

HantuchovaFab
Mar 16th, 2006, 04:46 PM
omg i remember cristea. she scared me but shes cool

CooCooCachoo
Mar 16th, 2006, 05:39 PM

Find attached a picture I took of her quite some years ago (Rosmalen). She did not strike me as a goth chick whatsoever ;)

miffedmax
Mar 16th, 2006, 05:40 PM

And ESPN would still never show her matches.

bw2082
Mar 16th, 2006, 07:22 PM
:tape:

http://avis753bc.homestead.com/files/goth.gif

Greenout
Mar 16th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Find attached a picture I took of her quite some years ago (Rosmalen). She did not strike me as a goth chick whatsoever ;)

We're talking 1998- 1999. It was about the thick , thick black eye make-up.

She toned down in her later years as a doubles player. Actually, quite pretty. :)