PDA

View Full Version : Most dramatic moment of women's tennis this century in your opinion

Viktymise
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:46 PM
What happened this century from 2000 onwards was for you just unbeleivable. Well i think it was Wimbledon 04 Vee v Sprem. The free point was just unbelievable and so stupid i really felt for venus and also the fact she lost second round was pretty dramatic i was in tears after the match. Also the US open semi finals 03 and 04 were really tense aswell. I couldn't watch lena v capriati but watching the livescore was just horrible the most nervous i was ever but yay lena won and who can forget last years wimbledon final. Talk about drama i could barely look at the screen in those last couple of games but yay venus won. So what do you guys think

tenn_ace
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:47 PM
a 15 year old getting pregnant and going public about it... A 15 y.o.!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

iPatty
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:49 PM
It was just one point. It's not like Karolina wouldn't have beaten her anyway. :rolleyes:

TennisSTUD
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Martina Hingis vs Steffi Graf....French Open final

Martina2
At the time, Capriati winning her first Grand slam was really dramatic, as was the FO final she played against Clijsters later in 2001

wally1
Not sure about most dramatic, but the biggest single story was Sharapova winning Wimbledon (whether you like her or not...)

Wsisters45
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Not sure about most dramatic, but the biggest single story was Sharapova winning Wimbledon (whether you like her or not...)

I disagree.

Unfortunately, I'd say Serena vs. Jen US Open 2004. It should've never happened.

Craigy
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Serena vs J.Cap :mad: that umpire must be retarded :retard: the ball wasn't near the line :rolleyes:

iPatty
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Serena vs J.Cap :mad: that umpire must be retarded :retard: the ball wasn't near the line :rolleyes:

That, I agree with. I was yelling at the TV for 5-10 minutes. :lol:

new-york
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I think someone bein stabbed on court, easily takes the trophy.

jfk
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Martina Hingis vs Steffi Graf....French Open final

I think someone bein stabbed on court, easily takes the trophy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Wrong century.

Capriati has defined DRAMA this century. Three moments....winning AO '01, her USO '03 match against JHH, and her QF match against Serena in USO '04.

Geisha
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:34 PM
I disagree.

Unfortunately, I'd say Serena vs. Jen US Open 2004. It should've never happened.

I agree. I think the first call wasn't as dramatic as the three calls in the final game.

FaceyFacem
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:38 PM
i choose these:

most dramatic moment: the jennifer vs. justine US Open semifinal...so tense and tight and really good tennis too

most significant moment (tennis-wise): serena vs. jen US Open with the bad call...because it led to rule changes!

most significant moment(s) (off-court wise): (a) maria winning wimbledon=most endorsements EVER
(b) serena winning the "serena slam" which elevated her to the status of all time great and she really helped rekindle interest in tennis

Rachel_
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:43 PM
hardenne at aussie open 06 :mad:

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:16 PM

i instantly thought of this when i saw this thread. that call shut serena out of the match. it would do that to anyone.:fiery:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Rena-JCap 04 Us Open

RJWCapriati
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:48 PM
2003 U.S. Open Semi-Final

(2) J. Henin-Hardenne defs (6) J.Capriati 4-6, 7-5, 7-6 (4) :yeah:

hablo
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:49 PM
2006 AO final.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:01 PM
2006 AO final.

how was that dramatic? It was just controversial

IceHock
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:06 PM
capriati coming back in the ao down a bunch of mp's then wins.

the capriati jhh semifinal which capriati should have won by the way!!! was up in the second and third and choked same against lena d should have won that too