PDA

View Full Version : What's next for Jelena Dokic?

Darop.
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Anyone know at least which tournaments she is commited to after her no-show in Las Vegas?

Erika_Angel
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:17 PM
She didn't have a no-show in Las Vegas. She withdrew due to illness. She was never put in the draw.

tenn_ace
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:18 PM
What's next for Jelena Dokic?

Getting married, getting a baby and coming back to tennis in couple years. Methinks.

Darop.
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:36 PM
She didn't have a no-show in Las Vegas. She withdrew due to illness. She was never put in the draw.

I'm as much of a Jelena fan as you, but do you really beliebe she was "ill"?

I regret to say that I don't buy that anymore from Jelena. :sad:

Erika_Angel
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:45 PM
I'm as much of a Jelena fan as you, but do you really beliebe she was "ill"?

I regret to say that I don't buy that anymore from Jelena. :sad:

Whether or not she was Ill she still withdrew. She didn't have a no-show.

Darop.
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Whether or not she was Ill she still withdrew. She didn't have a no-show.

Well I guess I used the word no-show wrong, I was just saying for a reason or another, she didn't show up to play.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Dokic should be playing like she did in Australia. She seemed to be improving but she stopped playing. Something's happening

Wiggly
Mar 8th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Withdrawals :sad:

zibaas
Mar 8th, 2006, 12:57 AM
she is really pregnate?

selyoink
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:04 AM
I don't see her making a comeback. As for what she will do I'm clueless probably like most of us are.

UDACHi
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:32 AM
A life of crime. :cool:

random fan
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:36 AM
Any ideas why she is struggling? I mean if a player were top 10 at some moment and then retired you would expect her to break at least in top 50 when she come back

go hingis
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Jelena is no longer playing on tour, instead she's going to teach me to play tennis at the age of 26 for fun.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:09 AM
Cmon Jelena we need you to pull yourself together and get back out there and show us what your made of

Erika_Angel
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Any ideas why she is struggling? I mean if a player were top 10 at some moment and then retired you would expect her to break at least in top 50 when she come back

She had 2 VERY close matches again two top 100 players (Razzano was like 52 aswell). Both did ok around that time. Razzano making the 3rd rnd of Aus Open and Schruff beating Dementieva first round of Aus Open. So it isn't like she had disasterous loses. I hope Jelena continues with the comeback because her results were promising. Sure she isn't going to have a Hingis-esque comeback but if she tried her best she can be back to where she was definately.

The key is to play tournaments, and for some reason she isn't. I hope this is (may sound weird) because she really is Ill. because if she isn't she is making excuses for some other reason, probably mental, and that is terrible. If she is ill then she can get over it and come back strong.

Fantastic
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:30 PM
It seems like a waste to train so hard and be striking the ball so soundly only to miss 6 weeks worth of tournaments and ranking points.

msf
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:10 AM
I don't think we'll see jelena again, I'm surprised there's still people who think she'll be back in the top 10 some day. But then again there are some who still think Karolina Sprem can win a match.

borisy
Mar 9th, 2006, 01:05 AM
I guess she has enough money to have a comfortable life from now on. In the worst case scenario she can teach tennis to Australian kids and have her baby.

SM
Mar 9th, 2006, 01:17 AM
maybe she should start playing 10k, win about a dozen of them, then come back :)

msf
Mar 9th, 2006, 02:42 PM
I guess she has enough money to have a comfortable life from now on. In the worst case scenario she can teach tennis to Australian kids and have her baby.

Does she like kids ? Because the way she treats the ballkids....

Belco
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:07 PM
come back jelena

wake up

rikvanlooy
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Anyone know at least which tournaments she is commited to after her no-show in Las Vegas?

She was together with Justine, Kim and Hantuchova the big thing (rookies) of 1999.

Look at where those players are now.

Belgium has had a lot of luck.

It could have been a career like the other two had/have. (personal problems for both of them : Hantuchova had anorexia and Dokic, well, ...).

Maybe it was an advantage that Justine and Kim were competing against each other.

Another Australian Dokic could have made a big difference.

Danči Dementia
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Cmon Jelena we need you to pull yourself together and get back out there and show us what your made of
Yeah I remember that semi at QF at wimbledon and I love her game and I felt sympaty for her 'cos the comentator was expainin her situation(lifer her dad etc)and I also felt bad for hat fisrt round match at the aussie open and she really need a coach she is not federe to be by herself

msf
Mar 10th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Hantuchova is doing great. Doesn't she regularly reach the finals in the doubles ?

msf
Mar 13th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Jelena has withdrawn from all upcoming tournaments as I predicted. She's retired from tennis. Karolina Sprem is next.