PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: Clijsters and Henin-Hardenne against Russia

Allez-H
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:08 PM
It was confirmed by the president of the AFT (Association Francophone de Tennis), André Stein on a pressconference today.

Awesome first round :drool: Can't wait :bounce:

Fed Cup-team kan rekenen op Clijsters én Henin

Justine Henin-Hardenne en Kim Clijsters, straks weer samen in de Fed Cup.Het Belgische Fed Cup-team dat op 22 en 23 april in Luik tegen Rusland speelt in de eerste ronde van de Wereldgroep, kan rekenen op de diensten van zowel Kim Clijsters als Justine Henin-Hardenne. Beiden bevestigden hun deelname, zo maakte de voorzitter van de AFT (Association Francophone de Tennis), André Stein, dinsdag bekend op een persconferentie.

Clijsters en Henin speelden niet meer samen in de Fed Cup sinds 2003. Toen haalde België het in Charleroi in de kwartfinale van de Wereldgroep met 5-0 van Slovakije. In 2001 won België de Fed Cup door in de finale Rusland te kloppen met 2-1. Ook toen waren Clijsters en Henin van de partij. Behalve de twee Belgische toppers zal het team van bondscoach Carl Maes bestaan uit Kirsten Flipkens en Caroline Maes of Leslie Butkiewicz.

Sterk Rusland
Het Belgische team zal het alvast niet onder de markt krijgen tegen de titelverdediger. Rusland kan immers rekenen op haar vier sterkste spelers: Maria Sharapova (WTA 5), Nadia Petrova (WTA 7), Elena Dementieva (WTA 8) en Anastasia Myskina (WTA 12).
De interland zal worden afgewerkt op gravel in de Country-Hall van Sart-Tilman. De winnaar van de partij neemt het in de volgende ronde (halve finale) op tegen Duitsland of de Verenigde Staten.

Het evenement is een organisatie van de AFT, de stad en de provincie Luik, het Waalse Gewest en de Franstalige Gemeenschap. Tickets zijn sinds 1 februari te koop aan 30 euro per stuk. Zowat 75 procent van het aantal beschikbare toegangskaarten is al verkocht. De zaal in Sart-Tilman biedt plaats aan 5.500 mensen. Mail een vriend Printversie 07/03/06 14u54

hablo
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Allez Kimmie!! :smoke:

E. Blackadder
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:17 PM
wow what an amazing line up :eek:

Kim Clijsters (#1)
Justine Henin-Hardenne (#3)

vs

Maria Sharapova (#5)
Nadia Petrova (#7)
Elena Dementieva (#8)
Anastasia Myskina (#12)

Hagar
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:17 PM
YES!!! That is going to be one big clash!!! :devil:
Does any of my fellow Belgians know where Sart-Tilman is?

Looking forward to a Clijsters-Henin doubles :drool:. They HAVE TO play doubles together once in their career!!!

RR-87
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:19 PM
OMG :scared: :scared: :scared:
Justine and Kim together in team can demolish everyone :scared:
But I still believe in Russia :hearts:

Mightymirza
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Russiaa... :sobbing: :sobbing: But its belgiums turn to get Fed cup...go JUJU and kim....(and dementieva)

hablo
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:24 PM

Kim Clijsters (#1)

vs

Maria Sharapova (#5)
Nadia Petrova (#7)
Elena Dementieva (#8)
Anastasia Myskina (#12)
Finally :worship:

Elke
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:24 PM
sart Tilman is close to the Football stadium of Standard.

Hagar
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:28 PM
sart Tilman is close to the Football stadium of Standard.

My ticket has just been ordered. :D

chuCKnorris
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Looking forward to a Clijsters-Henin doubles :drool:. They HAVE TO play doubles together once in their career!!!

it would be an explosive mixture! :devil: They will sweep their oponents off the court (if they don't kill each other before :lol: )

Allez-H
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Finally :worship:
I don't really know if Maria will play as a Russian poster said that she will not be in the team (according to an interview with the captain)

hablo
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:37 PM
I don't really know if Maria will play as a Russian poster said that she will not be in the team (according to an interview with the captain)
I thought I had read something about Maria not playing recently... but I thought with this article things had changed ... guess not!! :lol:

Allez-H
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:38 PM

They already did but it was a loooooooooooooooooooong time ago ;)

tenn_ace

Maria is not on the team for this tie.

Hagar
it would be an explosive mixture! :devil:

They would be awesome together! It couldn't get any better than that apart from a Linds-Kim or a Justine-Amélie team.

hablo
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:39 PM
They already did but it was a loooooooooooooooooooong time ago ;)
I thought so too ;)
isn't there even a pic of them hugging ? :D

Greenout
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:40 PM
I thought Myskina said last year she's not doing Fed Cup in 2006, and trying to focus on getting her tour singles ranking up?

Allez-H
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:44 PM
I thought so too ;)
isn't there even a pic of them hugging ? :D

You mean this one ;)
http://www.justine-henin-hardenne.net/images/fedcup01_82.jpg

No this is when Justine jumped in Kim's arms after she won her match against Demtieva to seal the FC.

I'm talking about them playing doubles in 1999 and when they where juniors ;)

wateva
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:44 PM
go kim n juju!

TeaMMashA
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:45 PM
I still believe in Russia!!! :bounce: :worship:

saki
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:02 PM
They played doubles a bit in juniors and also in a couple of challengers. I think they have a challenger title together, in fact.

No Name Face
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:10 PM
LenaD will come through...I'm not scared at all

honeyke
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:19 PM
kim and ju will do it! 2 against 4 is no problem for the belgian girls;-)

vutt
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Poor Russia...

bellascarlett
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Nooooooooooooo.....:hysteric: :crying2: This should be the final!

Nemesis
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Great news. BUT be wary of the injuries. Justine's complaining about her knee and her shoulder. Kim's whole body's faling apart ... I only belief in a Justine-Kim team on the day the tie is played.

No way that is going to happen, I think. It'll be Clijsters-Flipkens.
The Justine-Kim doubles team would not do that great. There's more than both being better top players to win a doubles match. A Myskina-Dementieva doubles team has more chance of winning the match, IMO.

Williams-forever
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Amazing belgian line-up...if they could get Clijsters to play 2 singles, Henin to play 2 singles and make the ultimate doubles-team Henin-Clijsters then Russia will be easily beaten 5-0!! :devil: I so hope Belgium will win this one!! We need a new FC champion!! :bounce: ;)

FLL
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:30 PM
In Fed Cup atmosphere, Lena D and Nastya are so tough so I still believe in them :D

goldenlox
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I thought Myskina said last year she's not doing Fed Cup in 2006, and trying to focus on getting her tour singles ranking up?She says a lot of stuff. But if she is asked, she will always play for Russia.

goldenboi356
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:38 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: im so excited for this :hearts: :hearts: :drool: :drool: :bounce: :drool:

mr_burns
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:44 PM
myskina had tough fights against justine and elena d has beaten both( a hot clijsters last year), maybe they can beat them

itzhak
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:52 PM
For now, Sharapova is out of Russian team so It seems that Lena D. and Nadia will play the singles for Russia. in doubles- It is almost sure that It will be Kuznetsova/Petrova and not Dementieva/ Myskina. I agree with Nemesis that the issue of injuries is crucial for Belgium- last year USA planned to play against Russia with Lindsay and Venus but Lindsay was injured after Wimbeldon and so Russia become suddenly favourites and it can happend here with Kim and Justine.
I also wouldn't ruled out a suprise entrance of Sharapova for Russia- The tempetation to win belgium with Kim and Justine can be huge for Maria....

Effy
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:06 PM
i love Kim and Justine :wavey:
but if they play against us that means :rocker2: :smash:
I hope we could beat them :tape:

Sandra.P
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Wow Kim and Justine in one team? If they're healthy I'd say no chance for Russia.

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:15 PM
i love kim clijsters, but i hope russia kicks belgium's asses.

iine:
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Good luck to the Russian team. You guys will need it. :p :lol:

Varvagina
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Justine is trying to make herself popular :haha: How pathetic

Dexter
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Justine is trying to make herself popular :haha: How pathetic:retard: :rolleyes:

Good luck Team Belgium :wavey:

Effy
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Wow Kim and Justine in one team? If they're healthy I'd say no chance for Russia.
we will see :ras: :)

Effy
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:24 PM
i love kim clijsters, but i hope russia kicks belgium's asses.

:worship: :wavey:

Spunky83
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:35 PM
I am soooo there;)

Awesome!!!

zibaas
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:40 PM
wow!
First FC round will be on fire!!
Good Luck for both!

köj-è
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:41 PM
wow.. gotta be a really great tie! :D

zibaas
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Oh my god! :eek:
i searched for some Justine and Kim pics together and i found a pic of Kim on the beach with top less!!!!! :eek: I think that a post this pic here they going to ban me .

Meesh
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:16 PM

Kim Clijsters (#1)

vs

Maria Sharapova (#5)
Nadia Petrova (#7)
Elena Dementieva (#8)
Anastasia Myskina (#12)

This will be one of the best Fed Cup matches in a long time. If they all stay healthy and commited.

Justineladivine
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Great to be able to feel a 100% Belgian again. Who knows... we might even get another great hug between the 2 girls (hoping for the best).

Viktymise
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Well if Lena turns up with the same form she was in, in last years final then Russia can definatley beat Belgium i think it all hinges on lena :rolleyes:

_LuCaS_
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:53 PM
This should be interesting
Go Russia :D

Danči Dementia
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Well if Lena turns up with the same form she was in, in last years final then Russia can definatley beat Belgium i think it all hinges on lena :rolleyes:
Yeah Lena D when she play for russia she herself has said that She fell wing on her pretty back so I believe in Russia and specially in Lena where is going to be play in russia or belgium?well whaterver last year final as in Paris and Lena kick ass :worship: :worship:

Steve-o
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Bye bye Russia :wavey:

Wsisters45
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:31 PM
If Kim and Justine play,then goodbye Russia.

Wsisters45
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:32 PM

Same exact thing I said when I read this :lol:

Effy
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:39 PM
SORRY FOR RUSSIA BUT I THINK BYE BYE RUSSIA :wavey:
NO FRANCE RUSSIA IN FINALE PLEASE

why?? u couldn't tell what can happen :shrug:

Effy
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:40 PM

oh please...that would be not that easy

^bibi^
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:59 PM

Liege (it's in the university...)

^bibi^
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Can't wait to be there :p

K.U.C.W-R.V
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:32 PM
What surface will it be played on?

Lady
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:46 PM
It's clay, in Belgium.

I can't believe I'm exited for Fed Cup again. :eek:

And not just cause Ju is playing, it's more that Ju and Kim together playing this round. Last time that happenned in 2003! :eek:

Good luck to both Belgians! Yes, I'm rooting for them! ;) :p

ys
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Still two months to go.. Both Belgians could by then be ( and at least one of them is likely to be ) on one leg.. :lol: I can tell.. Russians should train hard.. Flipkens is a good player.. :lol:

Justineladivine
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Still two months to go.. Both Belgians could by then be ( and at least one of them is likely to be ) on one leg.. :lol: I can tell..

Which one are you thinking about?

ys
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Which one are you thinking about?

OK, here is my Nostradamus vision..:)

Kim will not play. She will reinjure her ankle before that and won't take a risk of starting her clay season from such tough matches. JHH will play. In the first day Petrova will easily defeat Flipkens, and Kuznetsova will crush JHH just like she did last year at RG, only this time the allowed coaching will help her to finish the deal. At 2:0, Russia, after the first day, JHH will start thinking more about her RG defense and will refuse to fight for a lost cause, so in the second day, Dementieva will defeat Callens and Myskina will defeat Flipkens. Then Kuznetsova and Petrova will finish the rout. Result - anticlimactic clean sweep by Russia.. :)

Justineladivine
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:08 PM

Kim will not play. She will reinjure her ankle before that and won't take a risk of starting her clay season from such tough matches. JHH will play. In the first day Petrova will easily defeat Flipkens, and Kuznetsova will crush JHH just like she did last year at RG, only this time the allowed coaching will help her to finish the deal. At 2:0, Russia, after the first day, JHH will start thinking more about her RG defense and will refuse to fight for a lost cause, so in the second day, Dementieva will defeat Callens and Myskina will defeat Flipkens. Then Kuznetsova and Petrova will finish the rout. Result - anticlimactic clean sweep by Russia.. :)

OK, the 5/0 scenario seems a bit far-fetched to me. Plus I don't think Callens will play but whatever... I'm really looking forward to this event...

Lady
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:11 PM
OK, the 5/0 scenario seems a bit far-fetched to me. Plus I don't think Callens will play but whatever... I'm really looking forward to this event...

It's my fave ys's prediction. You should emrace them, as he's usually wrong! ;)

_LuCaS_
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:17 PM

And the best scenario would be? :lol:

Allez-H
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:24 PM

I'm sensing alooooooooooot of wishful-thinking in this post ;)

morningglory
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Russian should find some grass to play on, then let Maria, Nadia and Svetlana wreck havoc... I dunno why Russia always chooses clay, both in Fed and Davis Cup...

morningglory
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:27 PM
at least Russia should win the doubles rubber... now all they need are two upsets...
Nadia, I'm counting on you!

Allez-H
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Russian should find some grass to play on, then let Maria, Nadia and Svetlana wreck havoc... I dunno why Russia always chooses clay, both in Fed and Davis Cup...
They don't choose it, Belgium does ;)

Justineladivine
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:29 PM

Yep, receiving nation always does, right?

Lady
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:30 PM

Ok, the tie is played in BELGIUM! What Russia's usual choice has to do with this particular decision? You know it's home country that chooses the surface, right?

Damn, others explain that much nicer! :p

Allez-H
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Yep, receiving nation always does, right?

Yup ;)

Lady you're always nice :p

morningglory
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:40 PM
thx :)

miffedmax
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:41 PM
I, too, will be surprised if both Belgians actually play. They are both just too injury prone.

And I think it's Lena D., not Sveta, who benefits most from the coaching and team spirit of the game because it gets her away from Mommy Vera and relieves the pressure on her. That's why her Fed Cup resume includes wins over Venus and Momo, and why I think she'll upset either JHH or Kim. Kuzzy hasn't done well in Fed Cup ties, as I recall. I could see the Russians winning if they have Masha, or if Myskina rediscovers her 2004 and 2005 Fed Cup form (she dismantled the U.S., although she was a disappointment against France). Petrova looks good now, but will she still be playing well in two months? She is still very shaky confidence-wise.

I think Russia may move through, but they will need to have one of the Belgians pull out to do so. Hopefully not in the middle of a match.

Dar1985
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Hello all. Yep it is almost no chance to see Maria Sharapova in the team. Well like the last year and the girls made it without her. I think it is better for her and for the team that she won't play . I believe that Lena and Nastya with Nadya can do their job . Also I think Masha Kirilenko would nice addition to the "big three"

denine
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Good luck russian team. :unsure:

cometz9
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Belgium vs. Russia :drool: i hope TTC will show the matches.

jogoss_78
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Should be interesting :)

Wsisters45
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:34 PM
No way in hell Maria is playing if Kim and Justine play on clay. Elena and Nastya would be the best choices IMO since their games can trouble Kim's and Justine's. Should be good.

felipe2004
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:04 PM
Awsome match-up!!! :hearts: Should be the final! :devil: :wavey:
Good luck, Belgians! ;) (but let dementieva beat kim, cause i like dementieva too :p)

DragonFlame
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:22 PM
No way in hell Maria is playing if Kim and Justine play on clay. Elena and Nastya would be the best choices IMO since their games can trouble Kim's and Justine's. Should be good.

the same i was thinking, maria playing on clay against kim and justine? :tape:

poor elena :sad: i'm sorry for her already...

if kim and justine both play there's no way russia can win. justine will win on clay, just can't see her losing it. and kim's a great player on clay too.

if they both play, byebye russia.

hablo
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:46 PM

I think both Belgium players will play, unfortunately for Russia :lol:

Spunky83
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:04 AM
Ok, the tie is played in BELGIUM! What Russia's usual choice has to do with this particular decision? You know it's home country that chooses the surface, right?

Damn, others explain that much nicer! :p

You´re right about that (both parts actually :p ;) )

RJWCapriati
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:06 AM
It was confirmed by the president of the AFT (Association Francophone de Tennis), André Stein on a pressconference today.

Awesome first round :drool: Can't wait :bounce:

Fed Cup-team kan rekenen op Clijsters én Henin

Justine Henin-Hardenne en Kim Clijsters, straks weer samen in de Fed Cup.Het Belgische Fed Cup-team dat op 22 en 23 april in Luik tegen Rusland speelt in de eerste ronde van de Wereldgroep, kan rekenen op de diensten van zowel Kim Clijsters als Justine Henin-Hardenne. Beiden bevestigden hun deelname, zo maakte de voorzitter van de AFT (Association Francophone de Tennis), André Stein, dinsdag bekend op een persconferentie.

Clijsters en Henin speelden niet meer samen in de Fed Cup sinds 2003. Toen haalde België het in Charleroi in de kwartfinale van de Wereldgroep met 5-0 van Slovakije. In 2001 won België de Fed Cup door in de finale Rusland te kloppen met 2-1. Ook toen waren Clijsters en Henin van de partij. Behalve de twee Belgische toppers zal het team van bondscoach Carl Maes bestaan uit Kirsten Flipkens en Caroline Maes of Leslie Butkiewicz.

Sterk Rusland
Het Belgische team zal het alvast niet onder de markt krijgen tegen de titelverdediger. Rusland kan immers rekenen op haar vier sterkste spelers: Maria Sharapova (WTA 5), Nadia Petrova (WTA 7), Elena Dementieva (WTA 8) en Anastasia Myskina (WTA 12).
De interland zal worden afgewerkt op gravel in de Country-Hall van Sart-Tilman. De winnaar van de partij neemt het in de volgende ronde (halve finale) op tegen Duitsland of de Verenigde Staten.

Het evenement is een organisatie van de AFT, de stad en de provincie Luik, het Waalse Gewest en de Franstalige Gemeenschap. Tickets zijn sinds 1 februari te koop aan 30 euro per stuk. Zowat 75 procent van het aantal beschikbare toegangskaarten is al verkocht. De zaal in Sart-Tilman biedt plaats aan 5.500 mensen. Mail een vriend Printversie 07/03/06 14u54

Should be fantastic!!!!! :yeah:

clonesheep
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:51 AM
The top Russians all have dismal head-to-head against the Belgians.

Petrova vs. Justine 1-7
Dementieva vs. Justine 1-7
Myskina vs. Justine 2-6
Kuznetsova vs. Justine 1-9
Sharapova vs. Justine 1-4

Petrova vs. Clijsters 0-4
Dementieva vs. Clijsters 2-9
Myskina vs. Clijsters 3-7
Kuznetsova vs. Clijsters 1-4
Sharapova vs. Clijsters 0-4

Combined:

Petrova vs. Belgians 1-11
Dementieva vs. Belgians 3-16
Myskina vs. Belgians 5-13
Kuznetsova vs. Belgians 2-13
Sharapova vs. Belgians 1-8

Doesn't look too good for team Russia if Kim and Justine are healthy.

Sir Stefwhit
Mar 8th, 2006, 03:24 AM
Justine is trying to make herself popular :haha: How pathetic
Say what you will, but it's kinda working on me. I've NEVER been a fan of hers and she's been one of the players I've always rooted against. More and more I find her breaking through my walls.

I wish all the best players made themselves available for Fed cup on a regular basis. The dynamic duo will be hard to beat- can't wait!

GO JUSTINE AND KIM!!!

Zippy
Mar 8th, 2006, 03:38 AM
The top Russians all have dismal head-to-head against the Belgians.

Petrova vs. Justine 1-7
Dementieva vs. Justine 1-7
Myskina vs. Justine 2-6
Kuznetsova vs. Justine 1-9
Sharapova vs. Justine 1-4

Petrova vs. Clijsters 0-4
Dementieva vs. Clijsters 2-9
Myskina vs. Clijsters 3-7
Kuznetsova vs. Clijsters 1-4
Sharapova vs. Clijsters 0-4

Combined:

Petrova vs. Belgians 1-11
Dementieva vs. Belgians 3-16
Myskina vs. Belgians 5-13
Kuznetsova vs. Belgians 2-13
Sharapova vs. Belgians 1-8

Doesn't look too good for team Russia if Kim and Justine are healthy.
I was also thinking about their EXTREMELY lopsided H2H myself. I can even recall making a thread way back when explaining infactual detail (records, etc.) how both Belgians are 'Russian Slayers'. It just doesn't look good at all for the Russians, or even the entire world (countries with Fed Cup teams) for that matter if both Kim & Juju are able to continue to play together.

Mightymirza
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:30 AM
well only upset I can possibly see is LenaD upsetting kim on clay..Cant see any other...

darrinbaker00
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:04 AM
This could be one of those rare Fed Cup ties that's decided by the doubles rubber. For that reason alone, I'm picking Russia to win, because Elena Dementieva, Svetlana Kuznetsova and (especially) Elena Likhovtseva are accomplished doubles players who still play dubs. Kim Clijsters was the #1 doubles player in the world at one point, but I can't remember the last time she played dubs.

eck
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:44 AM
Justine: "I wanna serve first!"
Kim: "No, me! You're serve is soooooooo weak!"
Justine: "Oh yea!!!??? Wanna have a match to decide?"
Kim: "OK!"

And the Russian team is looking at the sidelines.

I'm sorry. I got bored. :D
No offence to both Ju and Kim. Good to see em play for Fed Cup.

xin_hui
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:03 AM
This could be one of those rare Fed Cup ties that's decided by the doubles rubber. For that reason alone, I'm picking Russia to win, because Elena Dementieva, Svetlana Kuznetsova and (especially) Elena Likhovtseva are accomplished doubles players who still play dubs. Kim Clijsters was the #1 doubles player in the world at one point, but I can't remember the last time she played dubs.

why would it even go to a doubles rubber?:tape:

justine is going to win both her rubbers, and kim is not going to drop both her singles;)

ys
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:08 AM
and kim is not going to drop both her singles;)

We are talking about a player who is still on injury list, right?

xin_hui
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:12 AM
We are talking about a player who is still on injury list, right?

right, and you are still dreaming about the scenario u cited;)

ys
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:13 AM
right, and you are still dreaming about the scenario u cited;)

It's not a scenario. It's a description.

darrinbaker00
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:51 AM

justine is going to win both her rubbers, and kim is not going to drop both her singles;)
Did you not pay attention last year? For reasons only she can explain, Fed Cup brings the absolute best out of Elena Dementieva. If she wins both of her singles matches (which she did in the final against Pierce and Mauresmo AT ROLAND GARROS), Russia will win.

Prizeidiot
Mar 8th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Russia have no choice but to play Elena and Anastasia if the top Belgians play. Even though Nadia and Svetlana are more consistent, I don't think they quite have what it takes to win big matches against high quality opposition. For Svetlana, I think RG last year will wear on her mind.

Elena and Anastasia on the other hand, though they can choke, seem to grow 10 feet tall playing for Russia. They're possibly the most patriotic players on tour.

Lady
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Did you not pay attention last year? For reasons only she can explain, Fed Cup brings the absolute best out of Elena Dementieva. If she wins both of her singles matches (which she did in the final against Pierce and Mauresmo AT ROLAND GARROS), Russia will win.

Yes, I'm sure all Lena fans will agree that Lena brought her absolute best in Fed Cup semi-finals against Venus, and Venus beat her so easily.
Or semi-finals don't count?

turt
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Yeah but:
- Kim is 18-2 in Fed Cup, both losses took place in 2000 (to Davenport in Las Vegas and Dokic in... Moscow) when she was not a top player yet.
- Justine is 11-1 in Fed Cup, only losing to Monica Seles in Las Vegas in 2000. She was no top player either.

Since 2001 they haven't lost a match in Fed Cup, and they are both yet to lose a match at home!

Doesn't look too bad for Belgian team, I'll be there and I'll be cheering for them!

Oh and don't you remember Kim beating "absolute best" Elena Dementieva 6-0 6-4 in Fed Cup? :devil:

Lady
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Yeah but:
- Kim is 18-2 in Fed Cup, both losses took place in 2000 (to Davenport in Las Vegas and Dokic in... Moscow) when she was not a top player yet.
- Justine is 11-1 in Fed Cup, only losing to Monica Seles in Las Vegas in 2000. She was no top player either.

Since 2001 they haven't lost a match in Fed Cup, and they are both yet to lose a match at home!

Doesn't look too bad for Belgian team, I'll be there and I'll be cheering for them!

Oh and don't you remember Kim beating "absolute best" Elena Dementieva 6-0 6-4 in Fed Cup? :devil:

Thanks for that!
I knew Justine has only 1 loss at FedCup, and I didn't remember Kim losing at all, so great to see she has a great record too.

Munchen
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:27 AM
:devil: :woohoo: :devil:

Go Kimmie and Juju :hug:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:39 AM
This has got Final written all over it.

xin_hui
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Yeah but:

i wanted to point that out:devil:

doofus
Mar 8th, 2006, 11:00 AM
GO CLIJSTERS AND HENIN! hahaha

10nisfanofruz
Mar 8th, 2006, 11:11 AM
That's not a good news :bigcry: It's going to be tough.
I hope Russia will win this. :bounce:

DragonFlame
Mar 8th, 2006, 11:29 AM
it's so funny with the kim and justinefans on the same side :lol: it seems ages ago :tape: Lets win this fedcup together!!!:rocker2:

saki
Mar 8th, 2006, 11:37 AM
I hate to say it but ys isn't wrong that injury may cause this tie problems. I really hope not because otherwise it could be an amazing tie.

I don't think it's an obvious win for Belgium either. Russia will almost certainly win the doubles and I think Justine is vulnerable to Sveta on the clay and I think Kim could lose to Lena D. I think odds are that both of those won't happen and Belgium will win this.

Armeec
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Elena (against Kim), Sveta (against Henin) and doubles win. 3-2 Russia. Easily.

denine
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Elena (against Kim), Sveta (against Henin) and doubles win. 3-2 Russia. Easily.
Easier said than done actually.

ys
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Easier said than done actually.

It's gonna be even easier than that.. Do you seriously believe that both Belgian invalides will play against Russia? They just need to sell tickets, that's all..

xin_hui
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:45 PM
It's gonna be even easier than that.. Do you seriously believe that both Belgian invalides will play against Russia? They just need to sell tickets, that's all..

:rolleyes: i hope u eat your words when the team consisting of this two invalids beat RUSSIA

fifiricci
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:46 PM

:o

That could be the start of a new joke: I thought Invalides was a metro station in Paris until ........................... ;)

rikvanlooy
Mar 8th, 2006, 03:49 PM
:rolleyes: i hope u eat your words when the team consisting of this two invalids beat RUSSIA

Callens told the Belgian press that she is not available for this encounter, but she thinks that she is not needed because the couple Justine/Kim as a double is strong enough.

She mentioned as well that she will be able to play the next round (no talk of : if we reach the next round). It looks as if Callens thinks Belgium will win.

Let's put it mildly. It would be a enormous surprise if the two Belgians were to lose a single match during that encounter. There is a big difference with what the Russians have in quality.

Just look at the h2h.

And now : in Belgium and on clay.

BTW : Kuzn. already said that she never wants to play in Belgium again after what happened there last time.

lucashg
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:09 PM
That's great news for Belgium! :banana:
Allez Justine and C'mon Kim!
:D Gotta beat the Russians!

BTW : Kuzn. already said that she never wants to play in Belgium again after what happened there last time.

What happened last time she played there?

ys
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:12 PM
That's great news for Belgium! :banana:
Allez Justine and C'mon Kim!
:D Gotta beat the Russians!

CHOBA XPEH BAM! :lol:

goldenlox
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:28 PM

justine is going to win both her rubbers, and kim is not going to drop both her singles;)I heard the same thing during Wimbledon, with Lindsay, Venus and Serena heading to Russia.
Lets see who plays for Belgium.
Russia has great depth, and they can beat anyone on a given day.

miffedmax
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:30 PM

Well, that ices it. Russia will win because there is NO way darrinbaker00 and I could BOTH be wrong! :p :lol:

nicky
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:32 PM
She mentioned as well that she will be able to play the next round (no talk of : if we reach the next round). It looks as if Callens thinks Belgium will win.

Not true, there's a rext round win or not. The loser has to play to stay in the world group. So Els is not assuming anything ;) :)

I think we have a very good chance, but I wouldn't count Russia out. Elena and Nastya (or Maria, or Sveta) are all great players, and at least 3 of them are good on clay... :)

turt
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:36 PM
BTW : Kuzn. already said that she never wants to play in Belgium again after what happened there last time.Yeah, that would be something if she plays, especially considering Claude Eerdekens will surely be in the stands! :eek: :devil:

rikvanlooy
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Not true, there's a rext round win or not. The loser has to play to stay in the world group. So Els is not assuming anything ;) :)

I think we have a very good chance, but I wouldn't count Russia out. Elena and Nastya (or Maria, or Sveta) are all great players, and at least 3 of them are good on clay... :)

Ah Yes, that's true. Belgium will allways play another round. I forgot that aspect of the Fed Cup.

Well, in that case ...

rikvanlooy
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Yeah, that would be something if she plays, especially considering Claude Eerdekens will surely be in the stands! :eek: :devil:

It seems that there won't be tests during this encounter, so no problem for Kuzn.

The supporters could be bring some needles to piss her off. :devil:

goldenlox
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:57 PM
It's funny how there is all this smack talk, with a team that has no depth at all.
Lets see who shows up to play.
Big talk.
Lets see who wins Fed Cup championships.

miffedmax
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Well, that will be the U.S. of A.

(The only time I abandon Lena and Nastya is when they play Fed Cup against the U.S.)

Lady
Mar 8th, 2006, 07:25 PM
CHOBA XPEH BAM! :lol:

Damn, I so overrated your intelligence skills. :rolleyes:
What a childish responce, not mentioning that noone talks that way anymore.

selking
Mar 8th, 2006, 07:28 PM
goood bye russia. no chance

selking
Mar 8th, 2006, 07:29 PM
It's funny how there is all this smack talk, with a team that has no depth at all.
Big talk.

they have enough depth to win. You only need two good players to win a tie.

minihil
Mar 9th, 2006, 02:20 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=2360044

Updated: March 8, 2006, 6:24 PM ET
Sharapova and Myskina to miss Russia's Fed CupReuters

INDIAN WELLS, Ca., -- Maria Sharapova and Anastasia Myskina will skip Russia's forthcoming Fed Cup against Belgium.

Speaking from the Pacific Life Open where she is the third seed, former Wimbledon champion Sharapova said she does not feel in good enough shape to compete in the event on clay in Liege.

"My body is just not ready after two tough tournaments to go and play Fed Cup," said Sharapova, who has yet to play for Russia despite claims that she eventually intends to.

"It's my own personal decision and I'm not going to be influenced by what anyone else does. I won't be forced into it. My body just isn't ready to go from hard courts to clay courts that quickly."

Following the Pacific Life Open, Sharapova and Myskina will be competing at the NASDAQ-100 in Miami.

Former French Open champion Myskina, who inspired Russia to the 2004 Fed Cup title, said she has decided to skip Fed Cup altogether this year.

"It's too much for me," she said. "This year I want to play for myself. I've played every time they asked me to play again, but it's been too much now."

Justine Henin-Hardenne and Kim Clijsters have both said they will play for Belgium in the April event, the first time they have teamed up together since 2003.

Elena Dementieva, who led Russia to the Fed Cup crown last year, said she will play, as will Nadia Petrova who won in Qatar last week.

Go Belgium!

clonesheep
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:53 AM
They aint get no depth
They have only two aces
Kim and Justine
They'll kick team Rossja's ass
:lol: :lol:

Drake1980
Mar 9th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Good luck Belgium, this is awesome!!

alibaby
Mar 9th, 2006, 10:50 AM
kim and ju will do it! 2 against 4 is no problem for the belgian girls;-)
this will be some event!! :bounce: :bounce: i only hope,i could see it somewhere... :sad: allez,my darlings!!! :bounce: :kiss:

natacha1
Mar 9th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Sharapova is not playing :(

But still, I have my ticket for 1st row :) :)

turt
Mar 9th, 2006, 01:03 PM

E or F? ;)

natacha1
Mar 9th, 2006, 01:07 PM
E or F? ;)

F :wavey:

turt
Mar 9th, 2006, 01:27 PM
F :wavey:
Too bad, I'll be in E :lol:

natacha1
Mar 9th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Too bad, I'll be in E :lol:

Oh, too bad :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Belco
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:13 PM
what a team!!!

rikvanlooy
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Big talk.

I'd rather have a team that has the number 1 and 2 in the world than a team that has number

5, 8, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, ...

in the team.

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:33 PM
One and two have to both be healthy both days that week.
And Kim didn't look so comfortable on clay last year.
Lost to Sveta, blew a big lead against Lindsay.
Sharapova was never going to play. No surprise there.

Allez-H
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Look, why all the speculation, can't you hope that everyone (both Russians and Belgians) will be healthy so you'll have a top class first round. Or do you really want injured players deciding the tie and turn this into a anti-climax? Let the girls fight out this tie and hopefully make something nice off it. AND after that, you can gloat on whether you were right or if not just applaud the winner.

xin_hui
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:44 PM

continue living in your fantasy world. hopefully you'll wake up with shock in April;)

ps: thanks for always thinking the two current belgian GRAND SLAM champions are injured:rolleyes:. perhaps only injuries to them will bring about a win for russia, huh?;)

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:54 PM
5 years from now, we won't even be discussing Russia vs. Belgium.
As soon as these 2 retire.
And the story for both Justine and Kim have been injuries and illness.
That's their year so far.

xin_hui
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:55 PM

how sad. and they still have a GS final and semi-final, and 2 titles.

Allez-H
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:59 PM
5 years from now, we won't even be discussing Russia vs. Belgium.
As soon as these 2 retire.

Damn, Russians must be doing pretty bad seeing how they haven't won a match against these two handicaped players.

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Justine and Kim are HOF players. They've won 2 of the last 8 majors.
I'm being realistic.
Who wins Dubai doesn't matter much.
As far as Kim goes, this isn't 2005.

xin_hui
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:07 PM

you are not making sense. this time last year, her season had barely even started. so she IS making a better start than 2005

Allez-H
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Justine and Kim are HOF players. They've won 2 of the last 8 majors.
I'm being realistic.
Who wins Dubai doesn't matter much.

And as far for the Russians go this isn't 2004 :shrug:

Wanna keep playing this game?

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:21 PM
What game? Even if both Justine and Kim show up, nothing is guaranteed.
Dementieva beat both Mauresmo and Pierce in the Fed Cup final last year, in front of a packed RG court. Those 2 then made the YEC final.

Kim is beatable on clay. Justine is tough, but Sveta had mp's at RG last year.
If either one of them isn't healthy, this is just another tie for Russia.
If they're both healthy, Russia will still be a huge force, just like last year.

xin_hui
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:29 PM
What game? Even if both Justine and Kim show up, nothing is guaranteed.
Dementieva beat both Mauresmo and Pierce in the Fed Cup final last year, in front of a packed RG court. Those 2 then made the YEC final.

momo at that time last year was nowhere the player she is now (and u know her troubles with RG).

justine is the best on clay, and kim is no slouch either. they'd be a tougher team than the momo-pierce combo of last year.

do u want to be reminded of the fed cup final 2001?

Allez-H
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:31 PM
momo at that time last year was nowhere the player she is now (and u know her troubles with RG).

justine is the best on clay, and kim is no slouch either. they'd be a tougher team than the momo-pierce combo of last year.

do u want to be reminded of the fed cup final 2001?

We should rest this cuz this isn't going nowhere ;)

propi
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:31 PM
So we already have new Fed Cup champion :wavey:

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Dementieva lives for the chance to represent Russia.
Sveta and Nadia are playing very well.
I wouldn't trade places with any country.
5 years from now, Russia won't have competition, besides the competition for who makes the team.

xin_hui
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Dementieva lives for the chance to represent Russia.
Sveta and Nadia are playing very well.
I wouldn't trade places with any country.
5 years from now, Russia won't have competition, besides the competition for who makes the team.

continue thinking about your "5 years later"

:wavey:

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:38 PM
I'm thinking threepeat.

ys
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:39 PM
continue thinking about your "5 years later"

:wavey:

I thought Russia, not someone else, is going for threepeat.. Russia owns the cup.. What about you? :wavey:

ys
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:42 PM

5 years from now they will officially allow Russia to field two teams - "Dementieva team" and "Sharapova team".. Because that will be the only way they would get any competition.. :lol:

DEETHELICK
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Looks like its Nadia and Elena D vs Justine and Kim.

Kim is the most prone to an pset, however I like Elena's chances against Justine. Elena dished out Justine's only loss on clay in 2003 and has played her tight ever since, including the final at Charleston last year (in which Elena did have a set point).

Should be a thrilling tie. Go Team Russia :)

turt
Mar 9th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Looks like its Nadia and Elena D vs Justine and Kim.

Kim is the most prone to an pset, however I like Elena's chances against Justine. Elena dished out Justine's only loss on clay in 2003 and has played her tight ever since, including the final at Charleston last year (in which Elena did have a set point).

Should be a thrilling tie. Go Team Russia :)
Yeah but Charleston is played on green clay. Basically it's just a hardcourt with some dust on it, not really comparable to red clay, on which this Fed Cup tie will be played...

ys
Mar 9th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Yeah but Charleston is played on green clay. Basically it's just a hardcourt with some dust on it, not really comparable to red clay, on which this Fed Cup tie will be played...

Gee.. Have you ever played on green clay? It plays quite similar to red clay.. Nothing close to hardcourts, no similarity whatsoever..

turt
Mar 9th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Have you? :rolleyes:

ys
Mar 9th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Have you? :rolleyes:

Taking tennis clinics in Vermont on regular basis, where about 50% is green clay, 40% is hardcourt and 10% is red clay.

turt
Mar 9th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Well, Justine herself has declared that European red clay is like a totally different surface than American green clay...
But of course, I guess you are more qualified than she is :tape:

However, Henin-Hardenne said the red clay in Warsaw is playing quite different from the green dirt she tackled in South Carolina. "It gave me a lot of confidence for sure, but here the court is so different," Henin-Hardenne said. "It's almost like another surface. It was very dry and very slippery over there. Here, it's heavy so it's a different kind of play."

(source (http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stories/NewsArticle_6832_rx.asp))

ys
Mar 9th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Well, Justine herself has declared that European red clay is like a totally different surface than American green clay...
But of course, I guess you are more qualified than she is :tape:

You are trying to compare the climate of South Carolina and Poland in April, aren't you?
Get average daily temperature of Warsaw to 25-30C, and the surface WILL be very dry and slippery. Get the average daily temperature in SC below +20C and put a couple of good rains over it, and it WILL be heavy.. Even red clay of Rome plays VERY different from red clay of Hamburg or Berlin .. It's just a matter of weather.. much less a matter of surface.. But, surely when you are thinking on scales of Belgium's size, it affects your logics.. :lol:

turt
Mar 9th, 2006, 08:09 PM
And what do you think will happen in Liège? Very dry and slippery or heavy? :rolleyes:

What was my original point? Conditions of play will be much much different from South Carolina green clay, where Dementieva won her only match against Justine...

ys
Mar 9th, 2006, 08:32 PM
And what do you think will happen in Liège? Very dry and slippery or heavy? :rolleyes:

It's indoors, isn't it? Belgians will do whatever it is to their liking..

What was my original point? Conditions of play will be much much different from South Carolina green clay, where Dementieva won her only match against Justine...

When two elite players - like Lena and Justine - play the minor difference in surface is insignificant. Good form, fresh legs, confidence are much more important. Davenport beats Clijsters on clay. In three weeks she beats Clijsters on grass. About the same scoreline. You are trying to find something where there is nothing.

turt
Mar 9th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Actually you're right, the most important is the good form and fresh legs. When was the last time Justine lost a match when healthy? Sharapova beat her in Miami 2005 on her first tournament back after such a long illness, but apart from that, we have to go back to Doha 2004 (to Kuznetsova), after a flawless but tiring start of the season. These were her two only losses against both of these players.

Now Maria has already said she won't play, and I don't think Sveta will go back to Belgium, especially considering a certain Claude Eerdekens, Minister of sports, will be in the stands...

If Justine is healthy at the end of April, no Russian is beating her, that's for sure...

ys
Mar 9th, 2006, 09:42 PM
If Justine is healthy at the end of April, no Russian is beating her, that's for sure...

Yep, especially if that wooden horse in my local Sports Authority store finally farts ..

~|Naomi|~
Mar 9th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Big talk.

Goldenlox, normally I think you have very objective opinions but in this instance the majority of the smack talk in this thread is from you. Such as "5 years from now, Russia won't have competition, besides the competition for who makes the team." or "I'm thinking threepeat." Right now 5 years time means nothing to Fed Cup this year. They are your opinions and have them but why laugh at others making 'smack' talk when it is what you are doing? Bit hypocritical.

None of Kim, Henin, Carl Maes have talked up Belgium's chances. Only their fans and they are just stating hard core facts, H2HS, Fed Cup records etc. They are just doing what you are doing.

goldenlox
Mar 10th, 2006, 03:27 PM
I was just responding to the attitude that Belgium already won this upcoming tie.
I heard the same thing about the US team during Wimbledon, and the French team in the fall.

The Russian team is 2-time defending champions.
First beat them, then talk big.

Allez-H
Mar 10th, 2006, 03:39 PM
I was just responding to the attitude that Belgium already won this upcoming tie.
I heard the same thing about the US team during Wimbledon, and the French team in the fall.

Your the one that's talking so big by sayng that Belgians won't show up and even if they do they'll kick their asses. First beat them, then talk big. same goes for you

goldenlox
Mar 10th, 2006, 03:45 PM
2 time defending champs. The talk from this side is justified.
Win the year end title, don't worry about the first round.

Justine Fan
Mar 10th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Say what you will, but it's kinda working on me. I've NEVER been a fan of hers and she's been one of the players I've always rooted against. More and more I find her breaking through my walls.

I wish all the best players made themselves available for Fed cup on a regular basis. The dynamic duo will be hard to beat- can't wait!

GO JUSTINE AND KIM!!!

Can I ask what is she doing that is breaking through your walls or why you are changing your mind?

Hope you don't mind? :worship:

Justine Fan
Mar 10th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Big talk.

No depth :haha: :haha:

Nos. 1 and 3 in the world in the Belgian team and this idiot says there's no depth! This must be one of the funniest and absurd posts I've ever read!

Are you on smack?

xin_hui
Mar 10th, 2006, 04:01 PM
justinefan and Allez-H², stop trying to argue with brickwalls. we'll let results do the talk;)

Justine Fan
Mar 10th, 2006, 04:02 PM

You lucky, lucky thing.

I wish I could go :sobbing:

Allez-H
Mar 10th, 2006, 07:21 PM
justinefan and Allez-H², stop trying to argue with brickwalls. we'll let results do the talk;)
;)

Armeec
Mar 18th, 2006, 01:33 AM

morningglory
Mar 18th, 2006, 01:56 AM
well well well... the Russians might actually win... ;)

tennisluver99
Mar 18th, 2006, 02:01 AM
I doubt Henin will play.

ys
Mar 18th, 2006, 02:02 AM
That's what I thought.. If Justine is genuinely hurt, she will pull out from Fed Cup.. Thinking soemthing like that "I have Roland Garros to defend.. Do I really want to potentially go through this kind of torture again against this schizo girl, who can't serve but just beaten me literally to death, and who, they say, plays even tougher in Fed Cup? No, fuck it.. No, RG is more important.. Let Kimmy handle it.." :lol:

Prizeidiot
Mar 18th, 2006, 02:12 AM
That's what I thought.. If Justine is genuinely hurt, she will pull out from Fed Cup.. Thinking soemthing like that "I have Roland Garros to defend.. Do I really want to potentially go through this kind of torture again against this schizo girl, who can't serve but just beaten me literally to death, and who, they say, plays even tougher in Fed Cup? No, fuck it.. No, RG is more important.. Let Kimmy handle it.." :lol:
That's true actually. Justine has everything to lose by playing this Fed Cup tie. No one has any idea what Elena will pull out. Justine plays a match on clay when she's underdone, and might really injure herself, and it may all be for nothing anyway.

goldenlox
Mar 18th, 2006, 03:22 PM
No depth :haha: :haha:

Are you on smack?Yeah, no depth. If one of them isn't 100% healthy, Belgium loses.
If Justine and Kim are both 100% healthy, you might still lose.

raquel
Mar 18th, 2006, 04:41 PM
I am quite surprised to see Justine on the team after saying she wasn't going to play Fed Cup in 2006 and after the controversy last year when her coach went to great lengths to explain why she wouldn't, and then went on to take a few digs at the Belgian Federation and Kim Clijsters. I thought they had possibly burned their bridges with the Federation after that, but I am glad Justine will play. The Fed Cup situation is the kind she will thrive on I think.

As for Sveta Kuznetsova, I am not surprised she is not too keen to play in Belgium again after the amatuerish and sensationalized way they handled her test results during that exhibition. It would definitely be a talking point that she would have to answer questions about all over again if she was on the team.

ys
Mar 26th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Belgians's form, at this point, is clearly impressive.. :lol:

bellascarlett
Mar 26th, 2006, 04:48 AM
I said this in the jill def. kim thread...the Russians must be thinking - bring on Fed cup first round tie! :armed: :p

well it's still a few weeks away and the belgians are more than capable of regrouping.

ys
Mar 26th, 2006, 04:53 AM
I said this in the jill def. kim thread...the Russians must be thinking - bring on Fed cup first round tie! :armed: :p

well it's still a few weeks away and the belgians are more than capable of regrouping.

Kim is not going to play before the tie. And she is always a suspect under pressure. Whether Justine does well on green clay remains to be seen.. But even if she does, it will only mean that she will come home for the tie with just a few days to beat jetlag and tiredness.. Facing fresh rested Dementieva who is having, by any means, an impressive season.

Allez-H
Mar 26th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Seriously, if Belgium were to beat Russia, what the hell will your excuse be then huh? If Belgium were to lose I'm sure we'll understand as Russia is an amazing team but you're not even close to think that Russia has a chance to lose. Even the American dreamteam (b-ball) weren't invisible, what makes you think that Russia will never lose a tie in the next century?

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 26th, 2006, 12:25 PM
if Belgium does win, then they have to contend with Shaughnessy and Craybas in the QF :rolls:

nicky
Mar 26th, 2006, 12:44 PM
if Belgium does win, then they have to contend with Shaughnessy and Craybas in the QF :rolls:

:spit: :lol:

TeaMMashA
Mar 26th, 2006, 12:47 PM

:lol: good one

Shoulderpova
Mar 26th, 2006, 02:31 PM
:spit:

WTA_Chaotic
Mar 27th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Belgians.....I dont think their rankings reflect their playing abilities.

goldenlox
Mar 27th, 2006, 05:29 PM
It was the first time since 1999 that Belgians Clijsters and Justine Henin-Hardenne lost their first matches in the same tournament, according to the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour.

''A match like this you just try to forget it as quick as possible,'' Clijsters said. ``I had a lot of trouble finishing off points. She's a great mover. She tries to retrieve a lot of balls back, like a counterpuncher. When you're not playing your best tennis, it's very tough to get through there.''

Clijsters has every intention of retiring next year at age 24, and reiterated those plans this week.

She said during her eight-month injury hiatus in 2004, she realized how much of life she's been missing.

''There are so many precautions I have to take now, with my back, my wrist, my knee. I'm sick of it,'' Clijsters said.

``I've played tennis since I was 6. There are so many other things I would like to do. While I was injured, I learned a lot about food, about health, about healing. I read a lot of books.

``Maybe I'll do something with kids here in America. We'll see what happens with Brian [Lynch, her boyfriend, a former Villanova basketball player now playing professionally in Belgium]. I'd love to have kids. I have a young mom. I would like to be a young mom, too.''

tennisfanxx
Apr 23rd, 2006, 04:34 PM

:lol:

Looks like you were wrong yet again.

Big talk.

Not gonna be your beloved Russians this year. :lol:

Maybe you should shut up from now on. You were so confident that Russia would be the winners and look what happened. :lol:

DragonFlame
Apr 23rd, 2006, 04:38 PM
I was thinking of bringing this thread back too! Well, now we knew what happened ;) :lol: Don't think well see some people back in this thread again :tape::haha:

TF Chipmunk
Apr 23rd, 2006, 04:39 PM
:o

middy
Apr 23rd, 2006, 04:45 PM
:rolls: To all the dorks in this thread

xin_hui
Apr 23rd, 2006, 04:46 PM
thanks for digging this up :lol:

Brαm
Apr 23rd, 2006, 08:08 PM
3-2 Russia. Easily.Or not :tape: :devil:

Allez-H
Apr 23rd, 2006, 08:12 PM
Damn you guys :lol:

goldenlox
Apr 23rd, 2006, 08:14 PM
You bunch of goofs. You won 1 round. Go enjoy your Nirvana :spit:

middy
Apr 23rd, 2006, 08:32 PM
You bunch of goofs. You won 1 round. Go enjoy your Nirvana :spit:

Sour pussy :devil:

goldenlox
Apr 23rd, 2006, 08:33 PM
If I'm sour, and I'm not, it's only because Sveta wasn't there also.
I'd like to see Sveta stick it to that corrupt Belgian official.
But Sveta's 20, she's got a lot of years ahead of her.

Brαm
Apr 23rd, 2006, 08:46 PM
First beat them, then talk big.You asked for it :devil:

goldenlox
Apr 23rd, 2006, 08:49 PM
That's true, but I was never thinking Kirilenko would be playing singles.
Russia has 4 top 10 players, they should have brought 3.
Congrats to the winners.

The Crow
Apr 23rd, 2006, 10:14 PM
lmfao, funny read this thread :lol:

Mercury Rising
Apr 24th, 2006, 05:28 PM
:lol: :yeah:

hablo
Apr 24th, 2006, 06:16 PM
thanks for digging this up :lol:
It's just too bad I'm too lazy to do the same with some of the past threads concerning my fav ! now those would be just as hilarious! :lol:

loppy
Apr 24th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Go Shaughnessy and Craybas! :lol: