PDA

View Full Version : most disappointing players year to date

Michael Pemulis
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:11 PM
There are several players that seems so overated, because they had a bad 2006, but didn't lose ranking points yet. My black list include: Williams Sisters, Nat Dechy, Jelena Jankovic, Anna Chakvetadze, Sania Mirza, Gisela Dulko. In a few weeks their ranking will be sinking.

RR-87
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Williams sisters and Anna Chakvetadze :help:

hdfb
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:17 PM
a week ago, i'd have said ai sugiyama.

now it's jelena dokic. i'll never forget her.

Michael Pemulis
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:20 PM
What's wrong with Anna Chackvetadze ? Injured or got a technical default ?

Bus
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Shuai Peng :sad:

Michael Pemulis
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Forgot about Vera Zvonareva

crazillo
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:01 PM
You should include Sandra Kloesel, although she quite isn't the same league as those players above, too. :(

Michael Pemulis
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:06 PM
sandra kloesel is 209th in the race!!! terrible!

Michael Pemulis
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Ana Ivanovic is in the halfway: either will get over and show her talent or fall down.

Reuchlin
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:15 PM
In all honestly, Justine. This girl had a slam in the bag and, once again, her body got in the way.

RR-87
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Forgot about Vera Zvonareva

true, Vera is very very disappointing this season :o

RR-87
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:17 PM

it seems like she can't find her game this season :sad: (hope no injury :rolleyes: )

TeaMMashA
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Of course the Williams sisters they ar capable of so much but are just not there, also Ana I was expected to do big things but not yet.

Michael Pemulis
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:23 PM
In all honestly, Justine. This girl had a slam in the bag and, once again, her body got in the way.

Justine has 14-1 record in 2006, reaching the finals in each of her appearences and claiming the titles in Sydney and Dubai. How can you say Justin is disappointing ???

Corswandt
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:28 PM
There are several players that seems so overated, because they had a bad 2006, but didn't lose ranking points yet. My black list include: Williams Sisters, Nat Dechy, Jelena Jankovic, Anna Chakvetadze, Sania Mirza, Gisela Dulko. In a few weeks their ranking will be sinking.

Don't rush to conclusions.

ALG would be on this list just a week ago.

lauramariana
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Gisela Dulko and Vera Zvonareva :wavey:

TomTennis
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:22 PM
confused. You say in the original post that these are players that have had a bad 2006 but not "lost nay ranking points yet". You do know what Serena's ranking is now dont you :lol:

Yeh, its a shame that Venus and Serena have been injured since the Aus, and didnt excatly do great there either.

hopefully they can turn things around!

wateva
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:26 PM
zheng jie hasn't won a match this year yet. :help:
yan zi only won one match in aust open against dechy. :help:
guess winning the doubles title was a jinx. :tape:

TonyP
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Tom Tennis:

Where and how were Venus and Serena injured? They both seemed healthy in Australia.

Barlos
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Tom Tennis:

Where and how were Venus and Serena injured? They both seemed healthy in Australia.

Exactly what I'd like to know. They can't both have got injured simultaneously immediately after the aussie open (unless they collided on the practice court and cracked each others heads open or something...). There's some other reason for their absence, possibly they have both realised they need to work hard to get back to their best and are doing so and will surprise everyone when they come back. Or, perhaps they've lost interest...

Whatever, the number of tournaments they've played recently is now beyond a joke.

Michael Pemulis
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:47 PM
confused. You say in the original post that these are players that have had a bad 2006 but not "lost nay ranking points yet". You do know what Serena's ranking is now dont you :lol:

Yeh, its a shame that Venus and Serena have been injured since the Aus, and didnt excatly do great there either.

hopefully they can turn things around!

for Serena things can get even worse: soon afterwards Miami and Amelia Island she'll get off 196 pts. Such a tough situation.

TomTennis
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:59 PM
whoooo!

dont jump on me everyone!!! I didnt say the were injured at the Aussie Open. Venus wasnt injured in the Aus and niether was Serena, read my post again. Ill say it differently sothat maybe this time ppl understand.

Venus and Serena did poor at the Aus. THEN!!!!!!!!!>..........Venus got injured (an arm injury stopped her playing Antwerp and Dubai!) I think Serena is just wanting to practice but just doenst fell fit enough or prepared enough to play until miami. That is what i meant :rolleyes:

ezekiel
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Others have excuses, injury and lack of talent but Ana Ivanovic has been the biggest bust so far and if she doesn't turn around and show significant progress and results in Indian Wells and Miami she will lose miuch more than ranking spots. I am afraid to say but she may fall into obscurity if she doesn't shake things up.

iine:
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Myskina. :sad: She can do so much better than this.

Wiggly
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Anna Chakvetadze

Alecia Moore
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Myskina. :sad: She can do so much better than this.

:yeah:

Nastya :sad: Come on! :angel:

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:16 PM
i don't see how the williams can be dissappointing when serena is INJURED. let's talk about an active player. mary pierce, sania mirza, and dechy have all been dissappointing this year.

ezekiel
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:25 PM
I think the correct term is self imposed exile for Williams sis's .

Helen Lawson
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:30 PM
I was expecting Anastasia and Svetlana to get out of their ruts. Anastasia falls to that awful Patty in Australia, easily, so that's like losing to that dreadful Lisa Raymond girl or someone, so that's prima facie evidence that she's still sucking. Svetlana had her win over Amelie, but otherwise, she's still smack-dab in the middle of Sucksville.

Dexter
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:30 PM
i don't see how the williams can be dissappointing when serena is INJURED. let's talk about an active player. mary pierce, sania mirza, and dechy have all been dissappointing this year.getting to the finals of 1 of the 2 tournaments she entered is that disappointing? :confused:

redrubylips
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Maria..................She just fell in the toliet!

Meesh
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Meghann Shaunessy and Ai as of a week ago but now she is off the list or still on w/ an * :)

Sanneriet
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:22 PM
i don't see how the williams can be dissappointing when serena is INJURED. let's talk about an active player. mary pierce, sania mirza, and dechy have all been dissappointing this year.

Serena is not injured. Her own website says she "needs more practise time"

Slumpsova
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Kim
Nic
Ana
Serena
Anna C
Peng

i should say most of my faves :(

alwayshingis
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Likhovtseva
Asagoe
Chakvetadze
Mirza
Schiavone (save one good week)

:inlove:
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Since the AO, Schiavone's been pretty dissapointing...

There are quite a few disapointments so far this year:

Venus Williams
Nathalie Dechy
Francesca Schiavone
Meghann Shaugnessy
Anna Chakvetadze
Sania Mirza
Jie Zheng
Jelena Jankovic
Elena Likhovtseva
Serena Williams
Shinobu Asagoe
Shuai Peng
Ana Ivanovic
Anastasia Myskina
Gisela Dulko
Karolina Sprem
Tiantian Sun
Tamarine Tanasugarn
Klara Koukalova
Vera Zvonareva
Anna Smashnova
Mariana Diaz-Oliva
Aiko Nakamura
Akiko Morigami
Maria Vento-Kabchi
Jamea Jackson
Kristina Brandi
Aratanxa Parra Santonja
Evgenia Linetskaya
:sad:

BTW, tuna, how has Clijsters had a bad year? :confused: A final at Antwerp, a semi-final at Australian Open...Could you explain it to me? :p

matthias
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:03 PM
ALG would be on this list just a week ago.

1 week can change so much :woohoo:

ezekiel
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:04 PM

You should check the race rankings for better rankings position. http://www.wtatour.com/rankings/porsche/singles.asp

Regular rankings are just for seeding and do not necessarily reflect the recent results.

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Serena is not injured. Her own website says she "needs more practise time"

well she needs more practice time to get stronger and fitter so that she doesn't re-aggrivate the injury. so in a sense, she is still recuperating.

Denise4925
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:24 PM
How can multiple grand slam winners be overrated? :confused: I can see if you say, not playing up to their potential or having a disappointing year so far, but overrated??

morningglory
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Anna C and Vera Z... also I understand Tatiana has a lot of time, but she hasn't quite lived up to the expectations so far... but I believe she'll get there in time.
Ana seems to come to a plateau, in time she'll start improving again... I dunno what's wrong with Sania, maybe those Muslims are getting in her head again...

Viktymise
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Definatley vee just 1 match losing it and then getting that injury to ruin her antwerp chances

Rachel_
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Serena, Venus, Ivanovic,Mirza, Sprem

UDACHi
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Stupid thread. We're only at Indian Wells, slow down.

Wintermute
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:54 PM

Anna has only actually entered three tournaments so far this year (Indian Wells will be the fourth) and her results in those have pretty much continued her run of bad form.

I'm sure there must be something more going on behind the scenes with her than her fans are aware of - injury, personal problems? - to explain why she has played so little this year.

Davenselesport
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Lindsay Davenport... she hasnt played much

Ellery
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:15 PM
zheng jie hasn't won a match this year yet. :help:
yan zi only won one match in aust open against dechy. :help:
guess winning the doubles title was a jinx. :tape:

Zi qualified at Sydney and beat Anna C ;)