PDA

View Full Version : Need help with the AVI matches i have downloaded! I want to watch them in a DVD playe

joaco
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:04 PM
I've got many tennis matches in my computer, I have downloaded thanks to many people. Now I would like to make DVDs out of those matches. So, I downloaded this program called "Amor AVI DivX to VCD SVCD DVD Converter" which supposedly transforms AVI files into DVDs (you can choose NTSC or PAL).
So i decided to do this with the Serena-Martina Ozzie QF, but it went from being a 860 MB, to a 9.5 GB file. A DVD has space only for 4.5 GB, therefore I need a program that can shrink this file. The thing is, programs such as DVDShrink or DVD2one do not read this file that was created, they only shrink files such as .vob , etc. (the ones you get when you rip a DVD).

Does anyone HOW the hell I can do this? It would be so great if I could watch those matches in my DVD. I would forever appreciate help! THANKS

Joaco

hdfb
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Ok, theres a much more simpler method PROVIDED the AVI file is divx/xvid for video and mp3 for audio.

All you do is download the full version of Nero, get a CD crack from your normal sources or just google it. Then in Nero, select "Make your own DVD video". Insert your AVI file. If it lets you insert it, then just burn it, and Nero will automatically convert it to DVD format for you. A full dvd should take 4-6 hours for encoding. well thats how long it takes for me.

if nero does not let you insert the avi file directly, it means the codecs dont match up.

something may be done about the 9.5gb file you have, what type of file is it?

markhingis
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:22 PM
I recommend application dvdSanta 4.0.I used it to convert Henin-Hingis match to dvd-video and the result is great.I also have many matches,but have no time to convert it to dvd format.Althought my pc is really fast it takes 2-3 hours to convert.
But the aforementioned program is excellent.
This is not a full version,but if you really try you can make it full... ;)
Hingis-S.Williams match should fit a 4,5 GB dvd after conversion.

joaco
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Ok, theres a much more simpler method PROVIDED the AVI file is divx/xvid for video and mp3 for audio.

All you do is download the full version of Nero, get a CD crack from your normal sources or just google it. Then in Nero, select "Make your own DVD video". Insert your AVI file. If it lets you insert it, then just burn it, and Nero will automatically convert it to DVD format for you. A full dvd should take 4-6 hours for encoding. well thats how long it takes for me.

if nero does not let you insert the avi file directly, it means the codecs dont match up.

something may be done about the 9.5gb file you have, what type of file is it?

It is a MPEG file. But arent CodecDIVX not allowed to be viewed in regular DVDs??

wateva
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:49 PM
i think this is non-tennis.
anyway, i recommend vso divxtodvd.
superb prog. converts mpg avi.
not rmvb and bin files though. u need to download another encoder for converting that but that's another story.