PDA

View Full Version : Indian Wells used new ranks to seed to give Hingis a better draw.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:51 AM
at least they tried :lol:
she could have got Pennetta or Groenefeld in 4th rd but ends up with Davenport.

had they used ranks of Feb 27, she'd have been seeded in 25-32 range and would have played top 8 seeds in 3rd rd.
i bet she would have got a better draw that way.

now 4th rd vs Davenport, cant wait for Hingis to take down Lindsay again :bounce:

hingis-seles
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Do you think Martina stands a chance against Lindsay, if they both get that far? I'm very concerned. :scared:

Jackson.
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Marti :worship:

Darop.
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Yay, Flavia has an awesome draw now :banana:

Solitaire
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Yea too bad Lindz is going to mangle Martina in the 4th rnd :lol:

SM
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Martina will beat Lindsay in 3 tough sets

markhingis
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:16 PM
If Martina is able to return Linds big serve,then she'll be trying to move her from one corner to another.Playing drop-shots and forcing Linds to 'running for her life' I believe she can win,but in 3 sets.

shs
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:26 PM
I thinh Lindsay Davenport wins...

jochem
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:30 PM
it very muchos depends on Lindsay I think... she should be able to beat Martina if she serves well and hits the ball good... if she doesn't Martina will be able to attack Lindsay's service games and make Davy run for her life.. that way Martina has achance to win in three...

swissmisshingis
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:32 PM
this is hard to predict, it depends on both players on how well they are going to play..but i want marti to win.

Hots4Safin
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:34 PM
if anyone knows how to handle Lindsay it's Martina.

hablo
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:39 PM
I guess she was going to meet Davenport sooner or later :shrug:

I think it's good she's meeting top players so often now... She'll know what she needs to do to crush them all later (except Momo, of course :angel: )!! :devil:

Michael Pemulis
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:17 PM
They have used rank of mar 6th, 'cause draw has been released on tuesday, afterwards the ranking update. Tha't about it guys!

mauresmofan
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:54 PM
I can't see Hingis beating Lindsay in rd4. Lindsay hits the ball so heavy and deep that she controls most rallys she plays. Hingis will have to play really brilliantly if she is to beat Lindsay.

mr_burns
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:09 PM
lindsay will beat martina in two sets 64 62 , no problem about thet...but can't wait for the sf against masha

Cam'ron Giles
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:20 PM
I see the upset...I think of all the top seeds...Marti knows Linds best and will win that match.

DannerCal
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Lindsay and Martina both need to get to the 4th round first. We all know that anything can happen in tennis. Lindsay may need to shake the rust off a little and find her A game. If they do meet up - I think many would love to see it. If Martina can make Lindsay move - and mix up the pace of the ball - I think she would stand a chance.
If she tries to just slug out w/ Lindsay - I don't think it wil be a very long match.

Wojtek
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:22 PM
What a bullshit thread :yawn: IW is doing the same thing every year - maybe too much post TBE and you forgot something.

Yes and probably all people in WTA think only about Hingis

TomTennis
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:24 PM
im hoping both make it to the 4th round. With such a poor draw and turn-out for this tournament this year, hopefully this will make things better.

I think (if) it does happen, then Lindsay will totally power past Hingis. Could be wrong though.

Klaudia
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:32 PM
I think it's unfair some get such baby pampering.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:43 PM
What a bullshit thread :yawn: IW is doing the same thing every year - maybe too much post TBE and you forgot something.

no they havent :rolleyes:
last 2-3 yrs they have used the previous weeks ranks to make draws

they always changing which weeks lists to make draws for IW and Miami.

MH0861
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Martina would have a much better chance against Lindsay, in say, the second round.. if Linds has a few matches under her belt, I think she beats Hingis comfortably. Hingis has only stayed close with a top player twice this year - beating Sharapova and taking Kim to 3.. she needs more time to challenge top players.

Wojtek
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:07 PM
no they havent :rolleyes:
last 2-3 yrs they have used the previous weeks ranks to make draws

they always changing which weeks lists to make draws for IW and Miami.

Of course they changed this year because they love so much Hingis. You have big problem :tape: they change rule :scared:

irinska
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:11 PM
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Martina's got un awful draws since her comeback, wta didn't even gave her a golden wild card because she hasn't played for 14 years on the tour though her GS titles.It's thanks to Martina that she's moved so high in the ranking not to wta.

Alecia Moore
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Do you think Martina stands a chance against Lindsay, if they both get that far? I'm very concerned. :scared:

I love Marti but even I... :angel:

matthias
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:22 PM

this was my deepest fear, to see Hingis in the same section as ALG

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:22 PM
lindsay will destroy hingis. she loves this tournament and will not lose. IF they both get that far;)

King Aaron
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:38 PM
I find it disturbing to see that Flavia and Anna-Lena are in the Top 8 seeds for Indian Wells. ;)

Going to be a fun match if both Lindsay and Martina make it to the 4th round. :)

Justineladivine
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:23 PM
I don't know. Martina is such a genius and she has already outstripped my wildest expectations since her comeback. As I said before I think she may surprise us even more (like snatching up a major this year). So beat Lindsay? Em, tough call but now I wouldn't rule out Martina... Anyway this is something I'm not going to miss, live or taped!

Wsisters45
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:29 PM

had they used ranks of Feb 27, she'd have been seeded in 25-32 range and would have played top 8 seeds in 3rd rd.
i bet she would have got a better draw that way.

now 4th rd vs Davenport, cant wait for Hingis to take down Lindsay again :bounce:

:haha:Yeah cuz Martina totally owned their rivalry. Um no. I think Lindsay will win in straights,but Martina has a chance. Go Lindsay!

Dave B
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:50 PM
What this draw really makes me think of is how tough Lindsay has had it with the draws this year.

Almalyk
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Martina is very crafty on court. I hope she makes Davenport run and tires her quickly.

Lemonskin.
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:04 PM
You won't recognise Martina after Lindsay is done with her. Roadkill is awful ;)

Uranus
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Lol that's true Martina doesn't have a better draw this way :P
I hope she beats Lindsay, though I like her too!

AsGoodAsNew
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:23 PM

Bullshit? But you bothered to reply!

AsGoodAsNew
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Yea too bad Lindz is going to mangle Martina in the 4th rnd :lol:
Lindzilla doesn't move very fast. Lindizilla can be beaten - and has been!

mauresmofan
Mar 8th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Martina is very crafty on court. I hope she makes Davenport run and tires her quickly.

Totally agree Martina is extremely crafty but she needs time to use her court craft. Lindsay pummels players and takes that time away so that's why I'd back Lindsay - that and it's on hard court which gives her an advantage over Hingis as well.

Jakeev
Mar 8th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Boy people surely don't pay much attention to Lindsay these days.

The only way Lindsay is gonna be wore down against Martina Hingis is if the match goes freaking seven hours and her previous two matches last that long.

Yes, Martina is playing good ball but people should be more worried about how Martina will handle the pace of Lindsay's grounstrokes after what four years?

What Martina can take advantage of, however, is Lindsay's serving woes. Maria Kirilenko has exploited that nicely twice this year and if Lindsay is going to lose to Martina Hingis, it's gonna be on her shoulders not the other way around.

Carmen Mairena
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:35 PM
I think that Lindsay should win... :unsure: