PDA

View Full Version : who will win indian wells?

msharafan
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:59 AM
this has 3 very good potential winners which are justine maria and lindsay, but who will win?
will justine continue to dominate and why?
will maria get revenge and scream her way to victory?
will lindsay get back on track and be a surprise winner?

jonny84
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:19 AM
I'm thinking Henin-Hardenne for this title, and a final between her and Lindsay.

Jenny.C.Fan
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Go ana :)

Yasmine
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:33 AM
fifi :rolleyes: you don't like Justine and it's common knowledge but stop provoking fans like that;)
Anyway I would love to see Lindsay win :angel:

daniela86
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:36 AM
My heart says Masha but my head says Justine :sad: She is too good :sad:

Jakeev
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:37 AM
I have probably said this a thousand times but I still think, and especially on the Indian Wells faster courts, that if Lindsay stays healthy she should dominate Justine at an event like this.

Just have to wait and see what happens.

xin_hui
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:37 AM
henin-hardenne vs sharapova final, with JHH winning

xin_hui
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Seriously - Justine's hovering around the average range with her height. If Justine's a dwarf at 5'5'', my mother's a gnat at 5'2''. :lol:

Calling Justine a dwarf in a pejorative way isn't just inaccurate and rude to Justine, it's also insulting to people who actually are very small in stature. To spouted off crap like that and then complain about classless behavior on Justine's part is a classic example of the pot calling the kettle black.

not trying to defend fifi here, but i believe it was peter bodo who coined this term;)

turt
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Coming from a Kim fan, using Peter Bodo as a reference for calling names is quite surprising... Selective memory anyone? :lol:

Petersmiler
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Well I hope Justine wins, just to piss off some of the more stupid posters here!

xin_hui
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Coming from a Kim fan, using Peter Bodo as a reference for calling names is quite surprising... Selective memory anyone? :lol:

well, i never said it is appropriate. just pointing out the father of this term;)

chuCKnorris
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:01 AM
have to say justine, although I'm cheering for Lindsay

ivanovic
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:07 AM
go IvanIvic

Justine Fan
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:19 AM
not trying to defend fifi here, but i believe it was peter bodo who coined this term;)

Doesn't matter who coined it .... she's still using it!

Bodo coins loads of phrases, especially for Kim. So if we used the terms that he has coined insulting Kim on this board, would that be OK then?

Because if it is .... then I'll use them with no worries!

xtooL
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:23 AM
I have a feeling either JHH or Lindsay , Even though I'd like to see Martina get it ..but Its unlikely . Im rootin for Lindsay

bellascarlett
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Maria will scream her way into victory! :bigclap: :lol:

Justine Fan
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Maria will scream her way into victory! :bigclap: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Like it! :)

Williams-forever
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Justine is too good for basically every player in the draw, if shes not sick or injured... :lol:

Barbarela
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:09 AM
I'm new here but... i start to dislike some harsh words i saw already in this forum! :eek:
Ladies and gentlemen, be kind to each other! :angel:

Martina2
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:09 AM
I HOPE Lindsay will win again after all these losses in the final, I have a FEELING that Sharapova could take it but I THINK Justine is the clear favoourite and will probably get it!

~Carsten~
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Sharapova will win ;)

TeaMMashA
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Biased but feeling confident!:)

Derek.
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Hopefully one of my faves. :cool:

Porcupine
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:55 AM
It's hard to tell now. Just wait and see and rooting for your fave.
But I have a confident feeling that Maria will win :D

mashafan25
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:34 PM
I hope Maria can win this title, my heart says it, this would be a dream final when Maria win against Justine 4-6, 6-3, 8-6

gary
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:35 PM
I hope Masha wins it,but unfortunately henin will win it :sad: :bigcry:
go Masha,prove me wrong!! :yeah: :)

leeber
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:36 PM
davenport :p

supreme*
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:44 PM
:scratch: davenport !

i dont know why... but i have the sense that davenport will win this tournament !

~Cherry*Blossom~
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:47 PM
I think Justine or Lindsay, but I'm hoping for either Lindsay or Myskina ;)

xXSarajevoXx
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:49 PM
I think Justine

schris
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Justine :)

DragonFlame
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Come on justine!!! this tournament is yours, lets stay healthy and win it! do your best! :bounce: :)

Mafia_Sharapova
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:22 PM
mArIa

FrenchY52
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Or someone like ...
Tati !?

hablo
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:44 PM
I guess some posts were deleted in this thread (as in fifi's post) :scratch::lol:

Jevel
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Based on current form I say Justine.

lolo21
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Justine but i hope Martina will sneak it :)

Helen Lawson
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Little Masha is going to cut through that draw like General Sherman! GO LITTLE MASHA!!

If she doesn't get at least to the QF, I'm like 60-40 in favor of taking an overdose of booze and pills and tying a plastic bag on my head.

TeaMMashA
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Little Masha is going to cut through that draw like General Sherman! GO LITTLE MASHA!!

If she doesn't get at least to the QF, I'm like 60-40 in favor of taking an overdose of booze and pills and tying a plastic bag on my head.

:haha: Hardcore stuff, i think little Masha will make the quarters!! :bounce:

Freakan
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:31 PM
I have a feeling that Sharapova may have a big chance to win it...

Mightymirza
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:32 PM
:worship: :worship: Title belongs to...Justine henin Hardenne....Maybe she can win miami and IW back to back... :devil: :devil: :devil:

Helen Lawson
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:45 PM
:worship: :worship: Title belongs to...Justine henin Hardenne....Maybe she can win miami and IW back to back... :devil: :devil: :devil:

You know she was going nuts when Kim did it.

They did a story in the Enquirer like 15 years ago that Lisa Marie Presley once cut her arms and scrawled in blood "Everyone hates me" on the wall. For some reason, I just see Justine doing the same when Kim does something big--going crazy, only she'd scrawl, "Everyone loves Kim."

fifiricci
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:49 PM
I guess some posts were deleted in this thread (as in fifi's post) :scratch::lol:

But I get to keep the good reps ;)

Oh well, moving on ............. seriously this time, I'd like to see Lindsay win, but on form I'm not sure she'll pull it off.

améliemomo
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:01 PM
I think justine can only win it,her part of the draw is weaker than the other.

tennisjay
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:35 PM
This is Justine or Lindsay all the way.

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:26 PM
davenport or sharapova have this one sealed:) i really hope one of them can do it.

Dexter
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Justine like she did in 2004.

Justine Fan
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:32 PM
But I get to keep the good reps ;)

Oh well, moving on ............. seriously this time, I'd like to see Lindsay win, but on form I'm not sure she'll pull it off.

Well I didn't give you a good one :devil: :lol: :lol:

Ferosh
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Dementieva has this one in the bag!

Ferosh
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:41 PM
I have a feeling that Sharapova may have a big chance to win it...

Maria will not win if...

Justine is not upset before the final
Davenport gives her a double bagel again
It's cold and she's on her time of the month. :o

Other than that I say she's a strong contender.:)

redrubylips
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Lindsay.....no doubt!

redrubylips
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Dementrova....................Love that banana!lol

Wannabeknowitall
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:52 PM
I gotta pick Lindsay. Shes the only player who can beat Justine right now in the draw.
I dont see Justine losing to someone like Flavia next week.
Lindsay has the toughest route out of any top 4 seed.
Martina/Jankovic, Myskina, Sharapova/Anna-Lena, Justine.
I think she can do it. She will have tons of confidence after beating Martina.
Myskina gives Lindsay trouble but she really still isnt on her game yet.
Sharapova has won the last 3 but Lindsay does have an advantage here.
Justine crushed Lindsay the last time they played at Indian Wells but Lindsay moves better now and is thinking better out there.

Direwolf
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:54 PM
i really hope that justine being the 1st seeded player here would win...but there seems to be more upsets lately with the number 1 seed losing in the finals.

tennisjay
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Maria will not win if...

Justine is not upset before the final
Davenport gives her a double bagel again
It's cold and she's on her time of the month. :o

Other than that I say she's a strong contender.:)

Justine or Lindsay has this one in the bag, but I wouldn't be to surprise if some unknown win though.

Wiggly
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Justine vs Linsday final :)

msharafan
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:24 PM
maria to win! by beating justine in the final 6-3, 7-5, maria will continue to beat lindsay in the semis although this match will be tougher than the lat one but maria will beat justine in a tight contested final but the quicker surface will favour masha!

No Name Face
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Dementieva :rocker2:

Viktymise
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Lena d all the way :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:49 PM
go linds and sharapova!!!

Rachel_
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Its Juju's title.

BUT providing Lena D takes advantage of her draw and meets Juju in da semi's she certainly has the game to kick juju out.

Lindsay and Maria....errr naaa

Marti.....would be nice :)

swissmisshingis
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:48 PM
go Masha, go Lindsay, go Justine..

but i want Martina to win it :D

cometz9
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Justine is the heavy favorite to win IW, possible to see Lindsay, Sharapova, or LenaD win it. I would be surprise if the winner wasn't one of the above.

cometz9
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:18 PM
:confused: It didn't favor her at the AO or Dubai like a lot of people said it would, but in all honestly, best of luck to her if they both make the final. *shrug*

Isn't IW courts much slower than those two? i remember watching the matches on tv and the ball was hit so slow.

msharafan
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Isn't IW courts much slower than those two? i remember watching the matches on tv and the ball was hit so slow.
no i heard it was really quick and bounced low and that the balls skid, that was off somone else though so im not sure but that was one of the reasons lindsay played so well last year to beat maria. can anyone confirm this cause if its slower it makes marias chances worse

cometz9
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:32 PM
no i heard it was really quick and bounced low and that the balls skid, that was off somone else though so im not sure but that was one of the reasons lindsay played so well last year to beat maria. can anyone confirm this cause if its slower it makes marias chances worse

i forgot Lindsay loves the faster courts :o
i think Sharapova will beat Lindsay again if they play in SF, Lindsay has the game but not the mental edge to beat Maria. I hope Lindsay proves me wrong.

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:24 PM
i never thought the day would come when i'd be rooting for maria sharapova, but things change. i hope she can win this, it would do loads for her confidence.

lolo21
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:34 PM
oh i would also take an eye on Golovin if i were you all........she was sooo close to beat Amelie and Kim in Paris and Anvers.

ivan88
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Go Martina

milkstealer
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:49 PM
i hope it'll be Justine, but Maria Martina and Lindsay are all in good condition
it's lucky that Ju is in the top half and the other three in the bottom~
GOOD LUCK JUSTINEhttp://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2006-01/15_2161206_1.gifhttp://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2006-01/15_2161206_1.gif

RJWCapriati
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Davenport will win :yeah:

Paldias
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Shenay Perry. You heard it here first! :yeah:

anlavalle
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:48 AM
I want tatiana to win but if not i`m rooting for Lindsay

faboozadoo15
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:58 AM
:confused: It didn't favor her at the AO or Dubai like a lot of people said it would, but in all honestly, best of luck to her if they both make the final. *shrug*
i think indian wells is quicker than those 2, CERTAINLY quicker than the australian open.

PatrickRyan
Mar 8th, 2006, 03:19 AM
Im really hoping that Kirelinko will pull a major upset!

selyoink
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:32 AM
I think Justine will win the title.

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:33 AM
Lindsay Davenport..she is the FRESHEST :D :bounce:

MH0861
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Umm, Brenda Schultz-McCarthy will storm the field and jumpstart the 'COMEBACK OF THE YEAR' with a Tier I victory :worship: :lol:

G~Playa
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:10 AM
Justine..

msharafan
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:42 AM
maria for me, shell get no bad line calls on her way to a sraight sets stunning win over justine. this will be the tournie where everyone will sit up and say she is a contender for slams. well hopfully, although id say most people already think maria is a contender already especially wimby. anyhow masha to win for me!
and remember...
lets go masha!!!
LETS GO!!!

Alicia Rocks
Mar 8th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Martina hopefully ;)

moonlightguard
Mar 8th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Hopefully Justine... I hate making guesses though, as I guessed Roger would win Dubai in straight sets over Nadal, but I was sadly mistaken. But I hope Justine will win, but who will for sure win... beats me :shrug:.

Cashif
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:35 AM
My heart says Martina:worship: but I think JHH will win quite easily, provided she is healthy

hwanmig
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Justine please don't piss me. I don't want to see you win.

crazillo
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Besides the great favourite Camille Pin I expect players such as Harkleroad and Nakamura in the QF. :lol:

Or possibly the outsiders Henin-Hardenne and Davenport? We'll see. ;)

DragonFlame
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:46 AM
maria for me, shell get no bad line calls on her way to a sraight sets stunning win over justine. this will be the tournie where everyone will sit up and say she is a contender for slams. well hopfully, although id say most people already think maria is a contender already especially wimby. anyhow masha to win for me!
and remember...
lets go masha!!!
LETS GO!!!

the same like you said in dubai? :tape: lol at the bad linecalls for maria, justine had an even more awefull one straight on the line on a breakpoint in the second set, luckely she had a second breakpoint after that ;)

Dymension
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Martina all the way! :lick:

alfajeffster
Mar 8th, 2006, 11:13 AM
I'll be there next week, and will be at the finals cheering (hopefully) for Martina Hingis. If she doesn't make it that far, I have to go with the Belgian Backhand, for sure.

Carmen Mairena
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Allez Justine!!! :bowdown: :unsure:

loppy
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Justine please don't piss me. I don't want to see you win.

Just close your eyes. :lol:

msharafan
Mar 19th, 2006, 10:38 PM
hmm , not many people thought maria would win indian wells well she proved nearly everyone wrong, maybe now some tennis fans will start to notice her more, and stop calling her a queen of tier 3's!