PDA

View Full Version : Will WTA follow ATP Doubles Strategy?

rhz
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Are you pro or con this?

NyCPsU
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:28 AM
whats the differences?

Prizeidiot
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:21 AM
whats the differences?
Differences are that players are entered into doubles draws based on singles AND doubles rankings. Sets go to tiebreaks at 5-5. There is no third set as such, but they play a champions tiebreak (first to 10)

I don't think the WTA should go with this. It's a terrible idea, and the champions tiebreak is a lottery. Lesser pairs can suddenly win big championships because of such a ridiculous scoring system.

Also, no need for the WTA to revamp doubles. Many good players play doubles, such as Davenport, Dementieva, Hantuchova, Kirilenko, Hingis, Mauresmo, Kuznetsova, Petrova. There's plenty of interest in womens doubles, without adding crazy rule changes.

Carmen Mairena
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:19 AM
I don't think the WTA should go with this. It's a terrible idea...

:devil: Do you think that it being a terrible and ridiculous idea will prevent the WTA :retard: CEO :retard: to make it happen? :tape:

jonny84
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:08 AM
I hope not.

I am against the doubles changes, especially as doubles-entry will soon be based on singles ranking soon. If this is the case, its a f*ck on for players like Stewart, Stubbs and Black whose singles ranking is too low.

tommystar
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:33 AM
And there is no andvantage. At deuce the game is decided with one point when the receiver chooses wich court to be served.

!<blocparty>!
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:53 AM
It would be a disaster.

Jackson.
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:42 AM
It would be a disaster.

:yeah:

~Carsten~
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:45 PM
I hope not.

I am against the doubles changes, especially as doubles-entry will soon be based on singles ranking soon. If this is the case, its a f*ck on for players like Stewart, Stubbs and Black whose singles ranking is too low.

I agree! I hope not. The new rules on the ATP sucks. I want to have the old rules back! :(

Reuchlin
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:05 PM
The ATP is going about this entirely the wrong way. They should be trying initiatives that improve the status and prestige of doubles play rather than just trying to sweep it under the carpet. That would be a real solution-- but one that would also require more effort/creativity.

Mark Spruce
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Keep it the way it is WTA !!!!

Mark

canoe.
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Well its a dumb atp idea so, yes, absolutely, little larry will adopt it!

Slumpsova
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:55 PM
no 'cuz Marty Navratilova will eat Larry Scott alive if he decides that :scared:

henmanhill
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:34 PM
The reason the ATP did it was to encourage more of the top singles players to play doubles. As someone else pointed out, many of the top women already play, even if not full time, so there's no need for the WTA to do it. Not that that means they won't of course......