PDA

View Full Version : So why is Nadia # 7??? Because she is the most consistant Russian (besides Maria)!!

rhz
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:47 AM
Enough Said!

switz
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:50 AM
she also plays a lot more than most of them. She plays more than Patty now :lol:

She's lost to Bartoli, Golovin and Kirilenko this year all ranked outside the top 20 - not that consistant.

That's not diminish her ability. I have no issue with her no.7 ranking

KoOlMaNsEaN
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Nadia is pretty confident I must say. Maybe a bit more than Masha?

Dementinator
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:02 AM
indeed thats true ,but shame she is sooo boring and had a total personality bypass ..

Carmen Mairena
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:15 AM
:worship:

alibaby
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:16 AM
indeed thats true ,but shame she is sooo boring and had a total personality bypass ..
no,shes not boring.shes just a normal "next door neighbour" girl,and NO "glam-girl",and that is good,because that is, what people like so much on her!IMO,its no disadvantage for her.

:kiss: :kiss: nadi-baby!!

Porcupine
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Nadia and Lena D fight every weeks to get the #7 ranking.
And she didn't win enough tourny to reach the higher rank that's all.

azmad_88
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:13 PM

shes not boring,i have to disagree.u cant be that boring to beat the world number 2 and australian open champion

No Name Face
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:16 PM
shes not boring,i have to disagree.u cant be that boring to beat the world number 2 and australian open champion

what does being boring have to do with winning or losing matches?
that said, i like nadia, but to insist she's more consistent (or better) than lenaD is blasphemy...i don't care about the H2H or anything of the sort :fiery:

hablo
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:06 PM
:haha: There is somehow a backhanded compliment to Momo somewhere in that statement !!!!!!!!! :devil:

Reuchlin
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:12 PM
She's actually not boring-- I had a chance to meet her at a tennis event and she was the life of the party. I won't go into some of the other players though... :tape:

space_gracie
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:17 AM
I really like Nadia and have nothing against her and I think she totally deserves her No. 7 ranking. But I think that the primary reason why she got there is because she plays the most number of tournaments (27) among the top 10 players. She gets a lot more points since she plays more tourneys.

RJWCapriati
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:19 AM
I think she deserves to be in the 6-8 positions

anlavalle
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:12 AM
yeah, even that i admit she is a good player, she play a lot of tournamentes every year, so what do you think?

UDACHi
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:19 AM
I'll have an issue if she cracks top five.

Morrissey
Mar 8th, 2006, 03:16 AM
Petrova I believe is probably the most talented out of all the Russian players..but her problem has always been mental. However, let's remember Nadia is a two time French Open semifinalist..and she has reached three grand slam quarterfinals in a row...She just beat Mauresmo to win her second WTA tour title..I feel that slowly but surely Petrova is starting to live up to her potential. Although there are a lot of teens on tour Petrova is only 22 or 23..she does have some time...but I feel she will turn a corner this year and breakthrough....With Petrova its all mental. She has a huge powerful first serve..she volleys well..has won so many WTA doubles titles..good hands...excellent movement..good backhand..okay forehand..she has the complete game..but for Nadia its mental...I really hope her new coach can PUSH HER..she needs that..

tennnisfannn
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:22 AM
well seeing that it took amelie till the yEC for a big break through, perhaps nadia is also on the brink of something big. She never won a title in so many years and now she wins a second months after her first.

xin_hui
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:34 AM

what does being boring have to beating players?:confused:

there's totally no link in your statement