PDA

View Full Version : What is Myriam Casanova up to?

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Does anyone know if she will be attempting a comeback ?? I know she played a couple FED CUP matches Mid 2005...havint heard a peep about her sinse :sad:

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:27 AM
Wow...i had no idea that she was only 20 :eek: I thought she was 23/24. The last time she played was July 10 2005 in a Fed Cup loss to Tamira Paszek :sad:

Reuchlin
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:46 AM
i would like to know too.

Tripp
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:15 AM
Did you see a picture of Casanova from that Fed Cup match? She was unbelievable fat, heard she had a glandular problem. I don't think a comeback is possible with that on her shoulders.

Hayato
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:16 AM
Did you see a picture of Casanova from that Fed Cup match? She was unbelievable fat, heard she had a glandular problem. I don't think a comeback is possible with that on her shoulders.

At the end of the day she is still a good player no matter what size she is.

Tripp
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:24 AM

Yeah, a player with talent who will be beaten by player who can actually handle playing a third set.

Look, I'm not saying she's not talented, or a great player, or anything. I'm just sayint that she's way out of shape for a professional sportswoman and therefore not able to attempt a comeback.

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:28 AM
Yeah, a player with talent who will be beaten by player who can actually handle playing a third set.

Look, I'm not saying she's not talented, or a great player, or anything. I'm just sayint that she's way out of shape for a professional sportswoman and therefore not able to attempt a comeback.

Well...hopefully she can get her glands takin care with the help of a Doctor. She is still only 20 after all...she has time...:D

Tripp
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:28 AM
Here's a pic of her from last year Fed Cup match.

Tripp
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:29 AM
I also remember a thread about her, saying that Melanie Molitor tried to coach her for some time, and ended up complainting about her lazyness.

Once again -it seems like you have to justify everything in this thread not to get bad reps-, I'm only saying what I heard, and I stick to what I said about her not being able to be a pro tennis player with that weight.

switz
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:30 AM

it's a situation where nobody really knows what is going on. Myriam certainly was way out of shape when playing Fed Cup last year but she still managed to get her form going towards the end of the tie against Slovakia.

Certainly i think even mentally she has given up playing on tour for now. I would be really pleased to see her back one day because she certainly has a lot of talent - her weight simply held her back even when she wasn't that overweight.

Maybe if i started to dislike her her career would turn around considering that Myriam, Patty, Chanda and Mary are my favourite players - none of which have had particular stable careers

switz
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:33 AM
this article makes me sad

http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/?ContentID=75

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:35 AM

She is still oly 20...she has time... :hug:

Hayato
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:36 AM

Yeah I know what you mean...but I think it's good that not every female tennis player is tall, long haired and skinny. Still, I think her size is holding her back from playing.

Tripp
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Whatever, sad story, young girl with hopes of becoming a star, not that we haven't heard this before on this cruel, mean and competitive WTA Tour...

LefandePatty
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:06 AM
My will comeback this year :cool: :aparty: :D
Nothing 100% official, so I won't be too happy before reading she really comes back.
But well that seems she will come back this year. :)

So Disrespectful
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Yay! I love Myriam :D :worship: I'm optimistic that she will return this year too :)

Dymension
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Myriam :worship:

SUPER
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:11 AM
I love her :D

Carmen Mairena
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:15 AM
:tears: :sad:

Darop.
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Poor Myri, she really used to be one of my faves...

Those groundies :drool:

416_Man
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:40 AM

Overweight would have sufficed and not have been nearly as disrespectful.

Mother_Marjorie
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:34 PM
She was unbelievable fat, heard she had a glandular problem.

Yeah, uh-huh. All those "big-boned" girls have glandular problems. Yep.

Jackson.
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:40 PM
:tape:

Darop.
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:43 PM

She has a very serious thyroid problem, you inconsiderate rude fuck.

esquímaux
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Here's a pic of her from last year Fed Cup match.

Not good. That's bad for that poor man's back :haha: I know, I know, that was wrong :devil:

Helen Lawson
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:31 PM
I was wondering myself where she'd gone. I saw her a couple of years ago and she was grossly overweight at the time, I couldn't believe she was a pro-player. Her rear end must have been three feet wide. Maybe she is on doctor's orders to take a break. She was pretty fast in points, but when the point was over, the poor girl's face was beet-red, I thought she was going to keel over after every point. I felt really bad for her. I hope she can make it back.

Craigy
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:45 PM
:worship:

SvetaPleaseWin.
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:47 PM
i think i read somewhere around the time of the fed cup tie last year that she said she was in semi-retirement
she was thinking of playing fed cup and some itf events in switzerland, i think

-sugi-
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Myriam :hug:

King Aaron
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:43 PM

It makes me sad too. She was such a bright young prospect then.

:sad: :sad: Myri

This part also makes me sad:
Last week in Warsaw, she gave world No.10 Jelena Dokic a run for her money in the second round, holding set points in each set before falling 75 76(12), featuring the second-longest tie-break of the year.

How things have changed for the both of them. :sad:

Uranus
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:15 PM
She has unbelievable talent. Even with her weight problems, she nearly reached the top 30.
If I remember well, I read she retired.

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:23 PM

:worship:

controlfreak
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:25 PM
She was a good player but the constant thought of bagels and breadsticks was just too much of a distraction.

LefandePatty
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:04 PM
:tape:

Another troll :retard:

LefandePatty
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:06 PM

and another one :retard:
This forum should be called "WTA Trolls World"

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:44 PM
She was a good player but the constant thought of bagels and breadsticks was just too much of a distraction.

:rolleyes:

Mother_Marjorie
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:38 PM

They have medication for that, Bitch. No excuses. :rolleyes:

Mother_Marjorie
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:40 PM
and another one :retard:
This forum should be called "WTA Trolls World"

Well, I guess I'd rather be called a troll by a pathetic nobody, or better yet....than called a bitch like Patty Schneider.

Other than Hingis, those swiss girls are just fucked up...for real.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:48 AM
Myriam was a weird situation though. She took almost eight months off to supposedly correct her thyroid problem, yet when she came back for Fed Cup she was bigger than when she left by a lot. Then she retired after that match.

I don't doubt she had a medical condition that made it hard for her to lose weight. But when you have eight months off where you have NOTHING ELSE TO DO but lose weight, you don't come back 20 pounds heavier. Simple as that.

Tripp
Mar 8th, 2006, 03:39 AM
I don't get why do people get so sensitive when they hear the word "fat". I don't think there's nothing wrong with being fat, why would there be?

Whatever, you can't say anything about anyone in this board without being attacked by someone. :rolleyes:

Darop.
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:05 AM
They have medication for that, Bitch. No excuses. :rolleyes:

I hope you're kidding me, because if you're not, you're retarded. Not all medications can cure a problem like that. And do you really think a pro player would give up having a great tennis career because she'd rather eat donuts? Don't you think maybe that she put herself on a stern diet and training routine?

Darop.
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Well, I guess I'd rather be called a troll by a pathetic nobody, or better yet....than called a bitch like Patty Schneider.

Other than Hingis, those swiss girls are just fucked up...for real.

For sure, we should all just move to America where all people, including tennis players, are 100% normal.