PDA

View Full Version : Did the Jenn and Serena US Open match bring on Hawk Eye.

tennisjay
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:23 AM
I was watching their US Open match where Serena had a lot of bad calls going against her that were clearly in, and the Commentators even J Mac was upset at the bad call Serena was getting, do you think that match had anything to do with it. I don't know of any other match where so many bad line calls where clearly visible. To be honest I would rather they leave hawk eye out of tennis and rely on better chair umpires to decided for themselves, it’s like in basketball the referees do and excellent job at making sure they make the best decision. I wouldn’t have a problem with the chair umpire and the lines person getting together and making a decision after a bad call and reassuring both players they are doing the best job they can.

spartanfan
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:00 AM
i think instant replay had been in the works for a while, but i think that match really pushed it back on the fast track. the whole world watched what a spectacle that match was and i think it made the whole sport look rigged and questionable and bad. but it should be interesting to see how it works.

-VSR-
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:06 AM
This match definitely pushed the button for Hawk Eye.

switz
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:11 AM
i still am confused as to how it's going to work in a slam. surely it can't be on every court - i see it causing problems because people are going to become used to it for one match and then not have it in the next one.

personally i have my doubts about it's accuracy as well - i can't help but trust my eyes to certain extent and durign the hopman cup some of the hawk-eye shots simply did not represent what i saw. and no i'm not legally blind either