(WC) Ashley Harkleroad vs. Zi Yan
(2) Lindsay Davenport - bye

Good luck!!

Derek.
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:17 AM
Best of luck Nastya! :bowdown: Make a good run here! :hatoff:

Almalyk
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Probably I have set my goals too high again at this point - but I won't be happy with anything less than a QF.

selyoink
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:41 AM
Probably I have set my goals too high again at this point - but I won't be happy with anything less than a QF.

Yeah I won't be happy with anything other than a quarterfinal appearance either. Of course that means I won't be happy. Her draw is really great until the quarters where she will be overmatched in all likelihood.

Almalyk
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:50 AM
Yeah I won't be happy with anything other than a quarterfinal appearance either. Of course that means I won't be happy. Her draw is really great until the quarters where she will be overmatched in all likelihood.

Hopefully three wins can do something for her confidence. I'd prefer a re-match with Hingis, but I would imagine that Dav will win that quarter. I can only hope my least favourite player (Davenport) doesn't destroy my two favourites (Myskina and Hingis). :fiery:

selyoink
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Davenport is one of my least favorite players also. She is so boring. But if she plays Nastya I'm pretty sure Davenport will crush her.

Almalyk
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Davenport is one of my least favorite players also. She is so boring. But if she plays Nastya I'm pretty sure Davenport will crush her.

Yes - to me Dav's game is big serve and smash.. boring. Not pretty to watch, just overpowering. Nastya was in peak form when she beat her in straight sets twice at the end of 2004. I'd do anything for her to find that form on the day. The last 2 matches Nastya has lost. One in three sets, the other in two. Davenport bagelled her in Zurich :(

selyoink
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Yes - to me Dav's game is big serve and smash.. boring. Not pretty to watch, just overpowering. Nastya was in peak form when she beat her in straight sets twice at the end of 2004. I'd do anything for her to find that form on the day. The last 2 matches Nastya has lost. One in three sets, the other in two. Davenport bagelled her in Zurich :(

If she is to play Davenport again this week I could see a bagel in her future. Yeah Davenport is too much of a power player with little variety. Plus I don't tend to like slow players. Davenport doesn't have the artistry like Nastya has or used to have. Whatever the case may be.

angiee3
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:33 PM
good luck nastya..
i'm looking for at least a nice QF performance....

meyerpl
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:06 PM
I recognize Davenport's tremendous hitting skills and tennis smarts, she's an outstanding player. She's also very likable and a real credit to the game. I just can barely stand watching her play! She's very boring to watch IMO....she doesn't move much and lumbers around on the court like she doesn't want to be there.
Why all the pessimism about Nastya's chances against Lindsay? Nastya has had success against Lindsay in tha past.

_LuCaS_
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:21 PM
If Nastya can pull 3 wins in a row, I'm confident about her chances in the QF. And I have a feeling it will be against Hingis again

michelle11
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:41 PM
davenport ?
first is washington or sanchez-lorenzo. (remember paris 05 !)
today you are heroic,fellows,and in a few days you will sit there nail biting during the third set against one of those. ;)

Almalyk
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:48 PM
davenport ?
first is washington or sanchez-lorenzo. (remember paris 05 !)
today you are heroic,fellows,and in a few days you will sit there nail biting during the third set against one of those. ;)

LOL! This is probably true. When Nastya is playing, i'm not biting my nails in the third set... Generally i'm biting my nails right from 0-0 in the first set.

meyerpl
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:42 PM
LOL! This is probably true. When Nastya is playing, i'm not biting my nails in the third set... Generally i'm biting my nails right from 0-0 in the first set.
Oh yes. Nastya has a habit of playing up or down to the level of her competition. My heart is in my throat from the start, regardless of who she's playing.

selyoink
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:58 PM
If Nastya can pull 3 wins in a row, I'm confident about her chances in the QF. And I have a feeling it will be against Hingis again

You think Hingis will beat Davenport?

Nastya has had some success against Davenport but not much. She has been crushed by her more often than not.

If she does play Hingis then she has a decent chance. I don't think she has any chance against Davenport.

I really hope she makes the quarters because ESPN will show her match due to Hingis or Davenport.

_LuCaS_
Mar 8th, 2006, 12:07 PM
You think Hingis will beat Davenport?

I hope
Nastya beating Davenport on harcourts is almost impossible :rolleyes:

cindy
Mar 8th, 2006, 12:50 PM
the only thing that I hope is that nastya win this tournement!!!! just that!!! it's not too much....no sincerly I just want her to give her best cause for me when she is at her best she can beat davenport or hingis as well
so GO NASTYA!!!!

selyoink
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:41 PM
I hope
Nastya beating Davenport on harcourts is almost impossible :rolleyes:

Especially at her current form. I'd much rather have her play Hingis as well because I don't think Hingis would slaughter her like Davenport would.

Almalyk
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Especially at her current form. I'd much rather have her play Hingis as well because I don't think Hingis would slaughter her like Davenport would.

I'd much rather she played Hingis too. Nastya would have more of a chance, and I really can't stand a loss to Davenport. It would make me :fiery: :tape: :sad: :o :devil: :(

selyoink
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:37 PM
The only reason I could tolerate a loss to Davenport is because it would mean I'd get to see Nastya on TV for the first time since the loss to Sanchez Lorenzo at the French Open last year. That is not counting the second set against Schnyder at the AO.

Almalyk
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:29 PM
The only reason I could tolerate a loss to Davenport is because it would mean I'd get to see Nastya on TV for the first time since the loss to Sanchez Lorenzo at the French Open last year. That is not counting the second set against Schnyder at the AO.

OK - I sympathise with you somewhat. The last match I saw of Nastya on TV was Wimbledon vs Mauresmo QF last year. I suppose I enjoy watching nay Nastya match on TV, because there are so few.

Derek.
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:31 AM
Do your best Nastya! :) We believe in you, so it's time to believe in yourself!

selyoink
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:32 AM
OK - I sympathise with you somewhat. The last match I saw of Nastya on TV was Wimbledon vs Mauresmo QF last year. I suppose I enjoy watching nay Nastya match on TV, because there are so few.

Yeah it sucks almost never getting to see her play.

michelle11
Mar 9th, 2006, 01:32 PM
hmm , compared with this eurosport is not that bad :worship:

denine
Mar 9th, 2006, 01:54 PM
hmm , compared with this eurosport is not that bad :worship:
you haven't seen the "super"sport we have here then. :rolleyes:

purplerain
Mar 9th, 2006, 06:10 PM
oh I couldn't even watch Nastya vs Mauresmo in Wimbledon QF on TV :sad: I still remember I sat before TV all day as ESPN promised to show it. First they said they would show it live then they said they would show the record. I waited until it began to show Sharapova VS Naida for the 3rd time :o Then I left TV , opened my PC and downloaded the video from BT
Yeah, what is my last time to watch Nastya on TV? I definitly watched her in YEC 2004, then I can't remember :rolleyes:

selyoink
Mar 9th, 2006, 06:37 PM
oh I couldn't even watch Nastya vs Mauresmo in Wimbledon QF on TV :sad: I still remember I sat before TV all day as ESPN promised to show it. First they said they would show it live then they said they would show the record. I waited until it began to show Sharapova VS Naida for the 3rd time :o Then I left TV , opened my PC and downloaded the video from BT
Yeah, what is my last time to watch Nastya on TV? I definitly watched her in YEC 2004, then I can't remember :rolleyes:

Yeah I was pissed that day as well because ESPN had said it was going to show the match.

Derek.
Mar 9th, 2006, 11:45 PM
They showed like 2 games I think. Not nearly enough though. :(

selyoink
Mar 10th, 2006, 04:22 AM
They showed like 2 games I think. Not nearly enough though. :(

I only remember seeing a few points. It was crap however long they showed it for.

michelle11
Mar 10th, 2006, 09:01 AM
:(
in doubles already out
lost in three vs Camerin/Garbin

Daniel
Mar 12th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Good luck in the 3R :bounce: :D

fleur137
Mar 12th, 2006, 11:24 PM
:(
in doubles already out
lost in three vs Camerin/Garbin

partner?

Almalyk
Mar 12th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Good luck vs Domachowska today!!! :D

Almalyk
Mar 12th, 2006, 11:36 PM
partner?

Safina :wavey:

denine
Mar 12th, 2006, 11:42 PM
all the best!

Almalyk
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:25 AM
:bigclap: Nastya in straight sets again 75 63 :D :bigclap:

Derek.
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:02 AM
Great job Nastya! :D Good luck in the next round! :yeah:

ctan88
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:28 AM
Next up is Safina

selyoink
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:54 AM
Safina will be tough but Nastya should be able to get the win.

Almalyk
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Safina will be tough but Nastya should be able to get the win.

Lets hope it's not as close as the last time she won when they played 76 67 75 :rolleyes:

selyoink
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:10 AM
Lets hope it's not as close as the last time she won when they played 76 67 75 :rolleyes:

Well we haven't had a tense match in a little bit. Could be fun. :rolleyes:

I hope she can win in two sets. Probably asking too much though. However she is one win away from her match up with Davenport/Hingis. Which would mean I'd finally get to see her on TV again. I am so hoping it happens.

frenchie
Mar 13th, 2006, 12:53 PM
A match against Hingis or Davenport in the QF= Nastya on TV for the first time of the year for me!!!!

Come on Nastya against your friend Dinara!!

angiee3
Mar 13th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Good luck!!!!

michelle11
Mar 13th, 2006, 09:11 PM
for frenchie (and all of you) there is a way to watch nastyas third round match highlights on the site of the pacific open !!!!!!
you just have to register,it's free.
they also have a lot of others incl. elena vs yakimova
http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/ at the bottom

Vacant
Mar 13th, 2006, 09:52 PM
I expect her to beat Dinara, but it'll be a struggle.

Hingis/Davenport :scared:

michelle11
Mar 14th, 2006, 03:39 PM
20.00 eurosport nastya-safina live. :bounce:

cerbero
Mar 14th, 2006, 04:24 PM
20.00 eurosport nastya-safina live. :bounce:
great news thx Michelle ;)

selyoink
Mar 14th, 2006, 07:10 PM
And off we go to Miami after Nastya underperforms once again.

iine:
Mar 14th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Sorry, Myskina .. but you suck. :p And that's making me very :sad:.
Things can only get better .. or maybe not? :scared:

Vacant
Mar 14th, 2006, 07:34 PM
I expect her to beat Dinara, but it'll be a struggle.

Hingis/Davenport :scared:

Well I was spot on here. :o :tape:

selyoink
Mar 14th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Sorry, Myskina .. but you suck. :p And that's making me very :sad:.
Things can only get better .. or maybe not? :scared:

They can still get worse. She hasn't lost to anyone outside the top 100 like last year to Schruff.

iine:
Mar 14th, 2006, 07:54 PM
They can still get worse. She hasn't lost to anyone outside the top 100 like last year to Schruff.
Yeah, but hopefully that won't happen.:unsure:

purplerain
Mar 14th, 2006, 10:48 PM
:sad:
what is wrong with Nastya's game, who watched the match tell me ?

selyoink
Mar 15th, 2006, 04:31 AM
Well her serve is abysmal for starters. She is incapable of winning bigs points with any regularity.

As for the rest of her game I don't know since I never get to see her play.

rednastyapea
Mar 16th, 2006, 03:13 AM
I don't know what happened .

Sad me. :sad: :sad: :sad: