PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay at Indian Wells

lindsayno1
Mar 6th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Well my mocking of a possible draw came true...

Hingis 4th round with Sharapova in the semis.

Uuuugh. lookin forward to the hingis match thou!!

PS i dont like lindsay being ranked below amelie and Justine!

LDF
Mar 6th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Ooh, Lindsay v Martina 4th round...that'd be great to see :)

But overall, it's not exactly a very good draw...

Look at Maria's :tape:

lindsayno1
Mar 6th, 2006, 10:53 PM
well all i can say is that lindsay bring her A game here...please lets have a repeat of last years semi final. i can smell the bagels already!

LindsayRulez
Mar 6th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Lindsay-Martina...I'm loving it! And this is Lindsay's place to beat Maria, so let's hope she comes out swinging!

joaco
Mar 6th, 2006, 11:04 PM
Nice draw.. i'm so looking forward to Lindsay-Martina match, lets hope it happens!

Anyway, just play your best Lindsay. That's all I want, show what you're made of!

mike/topgun
Mar 6th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Yeah the Martina Vs Lindsay match would be awesome, but why's it so early - 4th rd- and probably won't be broadcasted on ES either:(
It looks like whatever tourneys Lindzi's heading she doesn't have luck in the draw...How terribly tough will be the path to the semis for JHH and Masha.
It's not looking good...it seems, that eventually SF is on, but I cannot see great chances for the final, or win neither. How comes Christine always gets the easiest draw:p? I'm not even triying to hide I'm more disappointed than usualy - though, I was really optimistic bout IW and now...don't know what to think bout it.
The truth is that it's a very important tournament for Lindsay - I'm sure she'll do her best;) and fights off the Hingis/Sharapova duet:)

Andrew..
Mar 6th, 2006, 11:15 PM
K.

MH0861
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Maybe she'll find another gear, beat Martina, Maria and Justine, and be brimming with new found confidence and carry it through Wimbledon.

Umm, I can dream! :o But seriously, her Stanford win against Venus in 2004 has expired.. maybe all it will take is another good win against a nemesis to create a spark.

Wsisters45
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:10 AM
There's no way Justine isn't winning this. :sad: Lindsay should beat Martina. I see her beating Maria this time,then losing to Justine in the finals. She ALWAYS gets to the finals then loses to a belgian. Oh well. Go Lindsay!

Andrew..
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:47 AM
She needs another big tournament win to motivate her. Stanford 2004 was a perfect example. She realized she could beat anybody. Now, it's like we're back at Wimbledon 2004, on that sad Thursday which became known as the Darkest Day in the History of Women's Tennis.

She SHOULD be able to handle Martina. Apart from her win over Maria, Tina hasn't been too impressive against the top players. But, what top players has Lindsay beaten this year? Equally unimpressive. If she gets beyond that, I like her chances against Myskina in the QF, alot. Her semifinal, sigh... She has everthing to beat Maria, EVERYTHING. There is no reason for her to lose to Maria. But, four times, she has screwed up. At Wimbledon, tanks. At Tokyo, that was more injury than anything else. The YEC...I'm still trying to figure out WTF that was. It was like a semi-tank yawns performance. Then, Dubai. She could not serve. She was missing second serves by FEET. Plus, her attitude wasn't great. More laughing at Maria's winners. Reminds me of another match...

Anyway, I have a really bad feeling about that match. She just can't get the job done against Maria, and unfortunately I see that trend continuing.

jacs
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:05 AM
There is already an existing thread for Indianwells.

Please go HERE (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=222665)