PDA

View Full Version : TFT Tournament #1- Indian Wells

twight6
Mar 6th, 2006, 09:24 PM
TFT: Team Fantasy Tour

This game is similar to Whirlpool Fantasy Tennis on www.wtatour.com, but not exactly.

The Rules
You must select a team of 15 players, as follows:
2 ranked 1-10
2 ranked 11-25
3 ranked 26-50
4 ranked 51-100
4 ranked 101+

Based on how these players do each week, you will earn points.

You will earn as many points for your team as your player earns for her ranking (based on how she finishes). For Doha this week:

Winner: 195 points
Finalist: 137 points
Semifinalists: 88 points
Quarterfinalists: 49 points
2nd Round: 25 points
1st Round: 1 point
(NOTE: you will also learn points for qualifying as well, if your player plays in it)

So, for example, if your player wins Doha, you get 195 points for your team.

Rankings
Your team's points will also equal your ranking points. So, if a player gets you 195 points for winning Doha, that is also the number of ranking points you get. QUALITY POINTS WILL NOT BE USED.

Trading
You can trade a player until the first ball of her first round match (or 2nd if she gets a buy) is struck. So, if your player plays at 11, you can trade her up until 10:59. After her match starting time passes, she MUST remain on your team until she loses the tournament or wins the title (longer as well if you choose not to trade her).
Players will remain on your team until you trade them. You may choose not to “trade” your player, but instead remove them from your team. You will just be one player short until you choose to get a new one. If you trade a player, you must trade them with someone in the same group (ex: ranked 1-10, 11-25, ect)
You also cannot get a player on your team once they have played their first match. So, you can't trade an inactive player (one not in a tournament that week) for an active one if they have already played one of their matches.
YOU CAN ONLY MAKE A MAXIMUM OF 6 TRADES PER CALENDER MONTH!!!

ANYONE IS ALLOWED TO PLAY! Just send me your team by pm before any of your players play, and we are set! THERE WILL BE NO POINTS AWARDED FOR QUALIFYING FOR THIS TOURNAMENT! Normally there will be, but because of the way this tournament is set up, ONLY MAIN DRAW POINTS WILL BE COUNTED!

Good luck, AND SEND TEAMS BY PM!

Current Teams:
aisha
Andy
azmad_88
CaroBellyButton
ceze
champion88
jenks10s
KimC&MariaSNo1's
KuzyIsNo1
mapaliey
meelis13
MH0861
NyCPsU
silverwhite
vacant
Varvagina

champion88
Mar 6th, 2006, 09:50 PM
good idea- how many players can be traded each week though??

champion88
Mar 6th, 2006, 09:51 PM
and what if a player moves category due to changed ranking??

Jose-Luis
Mar 6th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Does our team have to consist of players that are playing that week or we can choose any other :p

twight6
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Does our team have to consist of players that are playing that week or we can choose any other :p

although it wouldn't be the smartest idea, yes, your team can consist of players who do not play that week.

twight6
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:19 AM
and what if a player moves category due to changed ranking??

if a player's ranking changes, it doesn't matter as long as they are already on your team. So, if i get Kuznetsova (for example) while she is in the top 10, even if she falls out of the top 10 while she is on my team, she still remains in the top 10 category on my team. Once i trade her though, when i want to get her back she is in the category she is currently in.

As for the trading thing, i was going to make it unlimited trading but i have decided to change it. You can only make 6 trades per calender month.

Simplicity
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:35 PM
How do I play :sad:

azmad_88
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:01 PM
i wanna play

mapaliey
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:04 PM
plz explain
are we choose difffrent player each week

twight6
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:26 PM
plz explain
are we choose difffrent player each week

you basically pick a team, not necessarily for Indian Wells. It consists of 2 players ranked 1-10, 2 players ranked 11-25, 3 players ranked 26-50, 4 players ranked 51-100, and 4 players ranked 101+. Each week, these players accumulate points for you. The team you pick is yours until you choose to change it. You can only make 6 trades per calender month, after that you are stuck with the team you have. So, i may choose Kim Clijsters on my team, even though she isn't playing this week, but i think that she'll play every other week and get points for me. As your players do good (or just play), you get points from them = to the number of ranking points they got. If you need more help, let me know!

Mana
Mar 8th, 2006, 03:38 AM
This sounds like a good game:). Are you going to get a forum?? I will send in my team now:):)

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:20 AM
so do i send my picks to you or do i have to sign up somewhere

Vacant
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Just send him your picks by PM.

~~*Elena.D*~~
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:45 PM
wanna play

Ceze
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Team sent :wavey:

twight6
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:02 PM
we currently have 16 players! You can still TECHNICALLY sign-up until after all the first round matches are done (and second ,if you really want to get technical). However, if you send me your team now, you cannot choose anyone who has already played/started a match... and so on throughout rounds 1+2 until all first+second round matches are played. Thanks to those who joined, hurry up to those who haven't!!!

NO SIGN UP IS NECESSARY!

twight6
Mar 15th, 2006, 03:04 AM
bump! i wanted to let everyone know i do still plan on running TFT, but i just don't have time to do updates FOR THIS TOURNAMENT, but if all goes well i will for miami :D

shea
Mar 15th, 2006, 04:38 AM
sent ,thanks

shea
Mar 15th, 2006, 04:39 AM
send ,thanks

SvetaPleaseWin.
Mar 17th, 2006, 05:31 PM
bump! i wanted to let everyone know i do still plan on running TFT, but i just don't have time to do updates FOR THIS TOURNAMENT, but if all goes well i will for miami :D

so do get points for this tourny or not?

champion88
Mar 17th, 2006, 08:57 PM
yes you do- just results will be posted at the end of the tournamnet, rather than having regular updates.

Ceze
Mar 21st, 2006, 07:01 AM
what are the results? :wavey: