PDA

View Full Version : Did Dally Randriantefy retire?

CoryAnnAvants#1
Mar 6th, 2006, 06:34 AM
She's not on the commitment lists for IW, Miami, or the green clay events.:confused:

In the last eight months she's only played the US Open, Luxembourg (a 2 hour drive from her place in France), and the Australian Open. Did she just decide to go down to Australia for one last big paycheck and call it a career?

up!
Mar 6th, 2006, 07:21 AM
perhaps she is injured

Randriantastic!
Mar 6th, 2006, 07:28 AM
perhaps she is injured
Yeah, she apparently pulled out of Acapulco with a foot injury. She was on the IW and Miami lists but pulled out.

She's been considering retirement for a while, and when I spoke to her at the Open (THANKSAGAINDALLZ!), she said she would like to retire when she can... so I think she hasn't really retired yet, but it's probably coming soon. :sad:

MH0861
Mar 6th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Well, we can all visit her exhibit at the Tennis Hall of Fame one day and relive Dally nostalgia!

Carmen Mairena
Mar 6th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Dally :awww: :hug:

CooCooCachoo
Mar 6th, 2006, 11:05 AM
:sad:

Sad to see her go :(

selesfan1
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:33 PM
You know, she is just honestly the one of the nicest players I've met. She actually took the time to speak to me in my then even more halting French. Now, I would have told her my life's story if I had the chance lol J/K. Really, I think if she put in the work towards the remainder of the season particularly coming up here in about a month and a half or so. I think she could get into the top 30 and win her first title. Hearing about retirement makes me sad especially because I think her best tennis is ahead of her.

rated_next
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:53 PM
I have a feeling she'll play RG and then retire ... :sad:

or maybe she has decided to call it quits

:inlove:
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:39 PM
NOOOOOOOO, don't retire Dally!! :sad: :worship: I loved her! But she has way passed her prime, I suppose...I will miss her though, if she has/does soon retire. :sad: x10000

-sugi-
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:54 PM
I remember Dally on TV once, she was a great competitor, it was nice to see someone from a non-tennis country do well.

Go Dally!

Craigy
Mar 6th, 2006, 04:48 PM
I really like Dally, hope she doesn't retire!

MisterMan
Mar 6th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Well, we can all visit her exhibit at the Tennis Hall of Fame one day and relive Dally nostalgia!

:lol: oh shit that was good !

MisterMan
Mar 6th, 2006, 07:35 PM
She actually took the time to speak to me ....

that's nice and all, but honestly - if DALLY didn't take the time to speak to you...that'd be BAD. I'm not sure she's A list !

Drimal
Mar 6th, 2006, 07:50 PM
She still is and has been the best African player after Amanda Coetzer.

Please don't retire now Dally! :sad:

SS6888
Mar 6th, 2006, 08:52 PM
No Dally don't retire - she was sooo nice to me at the us open!

switz
Mar 6th, 2006, 09:24 PM
that's nice and all, but honestly - if DALLY didn't take the time to speak to you...that'd be BAD. I'm not sure she's A list !

people who have a clue would have just as much respect for Randriantefy as they do for any so called "A list" tennis player. She comes from a third world country, learned tennis without help from luxury academies, supported her family, and had to go off tour a number of times due to the demands of her less than privileged background.

She has accomplished way more than anyone from her background would ever been expected to. And despite the challenges she has faced she's not a pissy unfriendly person either like most girls on tour.

Dally :bounce: