PDA

View Full Version : just saw Venus and Serena at the Vanity Fair party at the Oscars

Foot_Fault
Mar 6th, 2006, 05:20 AM
The gal asked them where did they watch, they said at Serena's house with Mom and sisters. And then they ask who were they rooting for...they said, Reese, the guy who won for Capote, and Three Six Mafia.

Venus said,Triple Six was different. She was happy for them. They both looked to have on Aneres designs. Venus had on a black halter dress with a purple neck shiny something. And Serena had on a black dress with gold slats on the side.

LOL,

They were looking good. Vee, to much make up. Serena was pretty flawless. They also stated they have been training hard, and it's nice to get a break. They will be returning to the tour soon.(Miami).

Glad to see them enjoying their LIFE!:bounce:

geoepee
Mar 6th, 2006, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the update! Hopefully pics will circulate soon :)

LucasArg
Mar 6th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Yeah I saw them too. They looked amazing. :hearts:

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 6th, 2006, 06:22 AM
can't wait for miami, get ready haters, they're going to prove U wrong.:)

Equipped
Mar 6th, 2006, 07:54 AM
can't wait for miami, get ready haters, they're going to prove U wrong.:)

I am SO not a hater, but I'm wondering what kind of damage they can do after being out of it for so long.

Miami IS the WS tournament, so I (probably along with most everybody else with a clue) am wondering how it'll go with V & Serena. Lots of drama to ensue.

Though Amelie has been dominating, she clearly won't take Miami. Will it be a Williams?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

"Sluggy"
Mar 6th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the update.

Williams Rulez
Mar 6th, 2006, 10:25 AM
can't wait for pictures! :)

Foot_Fault
Mar 6th, 2006, 12:36 PM
no pics yet? anyone?

Andy.
Mar 6th, 2006, 12:51 PM
There are pix on getty images under Vanity Fair Party

Marcell
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:25 PM
http://filmmagic.com/itemlisting.aspx?cgl=171327&str=3941&styp=clbi&navtyp=gls

lizchris
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:13 PM
I didn't care for Venus' dress, but in no way did she look out of shape.

BTW, it was great to see that they are so A-list that they were some of the few athletes to score an invitation to the ultra-exclusive Vanity Fair Party.

Cam'ron Giles
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Bleh...I'm not impressed...(not that they are living to impress me...but I have my opinions as a fan)...I'm more interested in pics on the court...:shrug:

Sanneriet
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Bleh...I'm not impressed...(not that they are living to impress me...but I have my opinions as a fan)...I'm more interested in pics on the court...:shrug:

I have to agree. They have barely played this year (Venus has one official match, which she lost), but I have seen photos of them at Fashion Week, etc. etc. I want to see them on the court.

tenn_ace
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Venus (with all the money she's made) could afford something really worth wearing :devil:

Cam'ron Giles
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Venus (with all the money she's made) could afford something really worth wearing :devil:

With the little money you've made...you are doing exactly whats expected of you...hate on rich black people...:tape:

SelesFan70
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:19 PM
They also stated they have been training hard, and it's nice to get a break.

A break from what...how many matches has each played since September? :confused:

tenn_ace
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:19 PM
With the little money you've made...you are doing exactly whats expected of you...hate on rich black people...:tape:

black is of course a key word, right? :p

ps. YOU will never make the money I have made (food stamps provide limited support from what I'm hearing), so keep your mouth shut just like you showed in yourt post. :kiss: :wavey:

Pureracket
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:21 PM
A break from what...how many matches has each played since September? :confused:I would imagine that you'd know they meant from working out.

SelesFan70
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:25 PM
I would imagine that you'd know they meant from working out.

Nope, didn't get that from the thread starter's rendition of what happened, but thanks for clarifying. :wavey:

Foot_Fault
Mar 6th, 2006, 07:17 PM
A break from what...how many matches has each played since September? :confused:

A break from training and other obligatory engagements. It was finally good to do what THEY wanted to do and not what the HAD to do, be it training, tourny, sponsor obligations.

Bunch of IDIOTS here.... you think a tennis player is to play tennis 24/7 365?

Zippy
Mar 6th, 2006, 07:24 PM
I am SO not a hater, but I'm wondering what kind of damage they can do after being out of it for so long.

Miami IS the WS tournament, so I (probably along with most everybody else with a clue) am wondering how it'll go with V & Serena. Lots of drama to ensue.

Though Amelie has been dominating, she clearly won't take Miami. Will it be a Williams?

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Really? I could've sworn that Kim's the defending champion :scratch: Oh well.
Even still, can't wait to see them play again.

tenn_ace
Mar 6th, 2006, 07:25 PM
It was finally good to do what THEY wanted to do and not what the HAD to do, be it training, tourny, sponsor obligations.

they (like other stars) are more than well rewarded for their obligations, so I don't feel the slightest sympathy.

Pureracket
Mar 6th, 2006, 08:36 PM
they (like other stars) are more than well rewarded for their obligations, so I don't feel the slightest sympathy.I Could be wrong, but I'm not absolutely sure your sympathy is what Venus and Serena are spending their time try to receive.:lol:

Oneofakind0490
Mar 6th, 2006, 08:41 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:It will be Miami 2004 all over again. Im really noly a Serena fan so I guess Venus can make the final if she wants:p

tenn_ace
Mar 6th, 2006, 08:44 PM
I Could be wrong, but I'm not absolutely sure your sympathy is what Venus and Serena are spending their time try to receive.:lol:

so then everybody is all set, right?:wavey: not that I care what THEY are trying to recieve :lol:

SelesFan70
Mar 6th, 2006, 08:47 PM
A break from training and other obligatory engagements. It was finally good to do what THEY wanted to do and not what the HAD to do, be it training, tourny, sponsor obligations.

Bunch of IDIOTS here.... you think a tennis player is to play tennis 24/7 365?

I do expect a professional tennis player to play tennis...at least occasionally! :shrug: :retard: And just because I or other posters don't kiss Venus and Serena's ass for every move they make doesn't make someone an "idiot" :rolleyes: I have more than defended them in the past and will continue to do so, and I look forward to their return. So spare me the mellow-drama. :rolleyes:

tennisboi
Mar 6th, 2006, 09:28 PM
I saw them too. Serena it must be said still looks unfit. When the interviewer asked them whether they taking a break from tennis Venus declined to answer and changed the subject. So who knows what's up?? :confused:

Pureracket
Mar 6th, 2006, 09:41 PM
I do expect a professional tennis player to play tennis...at least occasionally! :shrug: :retard: And just because I or other posters don't kiss Venus and Serena's ass for every move they make doesn't make someone an "idiot" :rolleyes: I have more than defended them in the past and will continue to do so, and I look forward to their return. So spare me the mellow-drama. :rolleyes:Nah, not supporting Venus and Serena is not what makes you an idiot.:lol: Please don't try to act like you're they're champion, Selesfan. We know your philosophy towards them and people like them.

Remember that time when you forgot to include them in one of your inquiries about American tennis players? I do.

Foot_Fault
Mar 6th, 2006, 09:44 PM
I Could be wrong, but I'm not absolutely sure your sympathy is what Venus and Serena are spending their time try to receive.:lol:

OUCH!!! Nuff SAID!:tape:

Foot_Fault
Mar 6th, 2006, 09:48 PM
I do expect a professional tennis player to play tennis...at least occasionally! :shrug: :retard: And just because I or other posters don't kiss Venus and Serena's ass for every move they make doesn't make someone an "idiot" :rolleyes: I have more than defended them in the past and will continue to do so, and I look forward to their return. So spare me the mellow-drama. :rolleyes:

Please the idiot in you, is not solely based on the ass you hope to kiss in the Williams Sisters, It's in the natural ability of your being.

But I didn't say that!:tape: Shhhhhhhhh!!!!

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 6th, 2006, 09:50 PM

Why do you even bother with some posters? You won't get any respect if your not in there "mean girls type clique" of there overly sensitive nonsense? Why would you want to either? You can still be a Williams fan. Put it behind you and be yourself. Put the hatred on IGNORE...:D :wavey:

bridgepea
Mar 6th, 2006, 09:50 PM
I am a fan of Venus and Serena and frankly I do not want to see them on the red carpet at Hollywood events, I want to see them on the tennis court, winning titles or if not winning at least competing effectively. It really breaks my heart to see these 2 talented players waste their time on frivolity and things that really do not matter. Either retire and let your fans sleep at night or get back to playing tennis again. I am so sick and tired of seeing them at all these events and not on the tennis courts where they belong. And before everyone starts bashing me I am a true fan of the Williams Sisters. It just breaks my heart to see them not playing and to see other players who are not half as talented as they are all the way up in the rankings. Look at Nadia Petrova, 2 titles, and ranked above both Venus and Serena. Look at Martina Hingis, talented though she is, she just came back to the tour after 3 years away and is ranked above Serena. I am just so mad at them both right now.

Pureracket
Mar 6th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Why do you even bother with some posters? You won't get any respect if your not in there "mean girls type clique" of there overly sensitive nonsense? Why would you want to either? You can still be a Williams fan. Put it behind you and be yourself. Put the hatred on IGNORE...:D :wavey:"You're" is the contraction for "you are.":mad:

guyinsf
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:41 AM
I was about to criticize the sisters for partying too much and not focusing on tennis enough but I just realized that most of these functions and parties happen at night and there isn't that much you can do about tennis at night and girls have to fun their fun I guess. SO PARTY ON VENUS AND SERENA!

AlwaysGraf
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Yeah exactly. Someone said "Look at Nadia Petrova out there with her two titles and ranked above the Williams', and Hingis coming back. " The fact of the matter is they are "out there". Whether you think they aren't as talented as your WS is besides the point. They are out there doing what is most important to them, and that speaks volumes in comparison to talent. And anyway, I don'tthink the WS possess a lot of natural talent anyway.

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:13 PM
:spit: :haha:

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:19 PM
I am a fan of Venus and Serena and frankly I do not want to see them on the red carpet at Hollywood events, I want to see them on the tennis court, winning titles or if not winning at least competing effectively. It really breaks my heart to see these 2 talented players waste their time on frivolity and things that really do not matter. Either retire and let your fans sleep at night or get back to playing tennis again. I am so sick and tired of seeing them at all these events and not on the tennis courts where they belong. And before everyone starts bashing me I am a true fan of the Williams Sisters. It just breaks my heart to see them not playing and to see other players who are not half as talented as they are all the way up in the rankings. Look at Nadia Petrova, 2 titles, and ranked above both Venus and Serena. Look at Martina Hingis, talented though she is, she just came back to the tour after 3 years away and is ranked above Serena. I am just so mad at them both right now.
What tournament was being held that night that they were missing? :confused:

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Yeah exactly. Someone said "Look at Nadia Petrova out there with her two titles and ranked above the Williams', and Hingis coming back. " The fact of the matter is they are "out there". Whether you think they aren't as talented as your WS is besides the point. They are out there doing what is most important to them, and that speaks volumes in comparison to talent. And anyway, I don'tthink the WS possess a lot of natural talent anyway.
Well, its really important to us what you think, so thank you. :)

tennisbum79
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:41 AM
*eyeroll* I really love how expressing a wish to see the Williams sisters play more and show off their talents is labeled by some people as "hating." If people are clamoring for certain tennis players to come back because they know how talented those players are and how much potential they've got, isn't that more appropriately called "loving"? ;)

Obviously every player has a right not to be immersed in tennis 24/7, but for most players you can't expect to remain at the top of the ranks on a consistent basis otherwise. Pierce for instance got back up to the very top last year, and she attributed that achievement to a "rededication to the sport." Imagine the huge piles of butts that the Williamses could kick if they chose a similar path. :inlove:

I agree with you there.

I am wondering if Venus has lost the hunger to win; and worse, has gotten accustomed to being an average player, who is content just to win few matches and shrug off early losses as “ it was not my day today”

Yeah, they have to live a balanced life. But lately, their lives have totally swang yowards to Hollywood parties and movie premieres. Even, Venus who used to shy away from this kind of life style has now embraced it. I think it is time for them to balance their lives again by adding a little tennis.

Saying these things does not make one a hater. To the contrary, those who try to shut down such opinions should be asked why they are so accepting of underachievement and unrealized potentials.

tennisbum79
Mar 9th, 2006, 05:03 AM
I saw them too. Serena it must be said still looks unfit. When the interviewer asked them whether they taking a break from tennis Venus declined to answer and changed the subject. So who knows what's up?? :confused:

Sometimes I do not understand Venus with questions she should be responding with a straight answer. The whole Katrina fiasco, where she came accross as callous and unconcerned about poor people.

If she goes to Hollywood parties this often, she should one day expect a question like that. After all, she is a professional tennis player. not an actress. Moreover, in light of her long absence from tennis, and in the absence of a documented injury, she should expect that a reporter would one day ask that question.

tennisbum79
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:07 PM
I have to agree. They have barely played this year (Venus has one official match, which she lost), but I have seen photos of them at Fashion Week, etc. etc. I want to see them on the court.

Frankly, I have seen too many reports of them at parties and hollywood premieres. A little tennis showing up would be welcome.