PDA

View Full Version : Maria ranking keeps dropping how long before she join the WS.

tennisjay
Mar 6th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Maria's ranking is on a slow decline how long will it be until she's out of the top ten. I predicted this year would be worst than last year for Maria, but know one listened to me are you people listening know, and no this is not a hate thread. Just pointing out the fact that after her Wimbledon win players know how to beat her especially the top players.

TeaMMashA
Mar 6th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Shes got worse you say so far she s 3 rd in the champions race and has reached two semis one being a Grandslam and also a final, i would say thats a good record for a girl who had doubts about even playing at the start of the year at Australian Open! dont forget that age thing also, she is way ahead of all the other 18 year olds on tour! (Dont forget the one day, two legends, two wins day when she defeated both Hingis and Davenport)

Mother_Marjorie
Mar 6th, 2006, 12:56 AM
:cuckoo:

Reuchlin
Mar 6th, 2006, 12:59 AM
Maria's ranking is on a slow decline how long will it be until she's out of the top ten. I predicted this year would be worst than last year for Maria, but know one listened to me are you people listening know, and no this is not a hate thread. Just pointing out the fact that after her Wimbledon win players know how to beat her especially the top players.

Head to Head vs. select "Top Players"

DAVENPORT, LINDSAY (USA) 4-1
WILLIAMS, SERENA (USA) H2H Tied at 1-1
WILLIAMS, VENUS (USA) H2H 2-1
HINGIS, MARTINA (SUI) H2H Tied at 1-1
PETROVA, NADIA (RUS) H2H 4-1

Judging that Maris is much younger than any one of these players-- and has accomplished something at age 17 very few of them did at age 23+

Face it: Maria is young, hungry and one of the brighests talents that we have seen in the last 20 years. Only a matter of time before she matures enough to start winning those Semi-finals.

UDACHi
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:00 AM
It's not all about the rankings. She's made two semifinals and a final this year. From Wimbledon through the YEC, we'll see what you have to say about her ranking. She just has a lot to defend right now. She started 2005 extremely well but her injury got the best of her as the year wore on. She's looking healthy thus far in 2006 and if she continues to progress through the entire season, I expect her to re enter the top four and higher.

-VSR-
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:01 AM
Maria will never join the WS in their rankings because Maria is actually playing. Maria, Serena and Venus all deserve to be in the Top 10! But Venus and Serena are cannot/are not playing anything right now that is why their ranking are going down. As long as Maria is still playing regularly then she will stay in the Top 10 for sure. I don't like these threads cause they only attract haters and it becomes a huge war where everyone bashes everyone. :rolleyes:

Simplicity
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:02 AM

Judging that Maris is much younger than any one of these players-- and has accomplished something at age 17 very few of them did at age 23+

Face it: Maria is young, hungry and one of the brighests talents that we have seen in the last 20 years. Only a matter of time before she matures enough to start winning those Semi-finals.
These aren't exact;y what i would call the top players :rolleyes:

Amelie Maures
Kim Clijsters
Justine Henin Hardenne

~~ These players atre playing the best tennis right now. :kiss:

Also, Sharapova won't join the top players. She will never get 7, not even 3 Grand Slams. Quote me on that ;)

tennisjay
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:03 AM
I think Maria's next tournment is make it or break it. Even sports writers are starting to write her off, and she's not getting any younger or prettier, and on top of that there are girls beating her in the looks department look at Ana I, Anna C, Maria K, Tati G, Mirza, and so on.

Simplicity
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:04 AM

And if your going to post stats, make sure they're right :wavey: :rolleyes:

TF Chipmunk
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Such haters :rolleyes:

tennisjay
These aren't exact;y what i would call the top players :rolleyes:

Amelie Maures
Kim Clijsters
Justine Henin Hardenne

~~ These players atre playing the best tennis right now. :kiss:

Also, Sharapova won't join the top players. She will never get 7, not even 3 Grand Slams. Quote me on that ;)

I agree with you on all the above, and I do believe Petrova will win her first Grandslam this year, remember I was the one who said Momo would win her first Grandslam title this year when everyone else said she wouldn't.

xin_hui

and u happily left out kim clijsters, justine henin-hardenne and amelie mauresmo, whose H2H against maria are 4-0, 4-1 and 2-0 respectively:rolleyes:

TeaMMashA
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Its turning into a H2H thread now! you just knew their were gonna be people hating etc etc

tennisjay
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:08 AM
and u happily left out kim clijsters, justine henin-hardenne and amelie mauresmo, whose H2H against maria are 4-0, 4-1 and 2-0 respectively:rolleyes:

Yes he did, didn't he. ;)

tennisjay
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:09 AM
Its turning into a H2H thread now! you just knew their were gonna be people hating etc etc

It's not hate just the truth.

TeaMMashA
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:10 AM
No i mean i dont see why Head 2 Head came into a ranking discussion it was too start hating on Maria

tennisjay
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:17 AM
No i mean i dont see why Head 2 Head came into a ranking discussion it was too start hating on Maria

I don't know why either. I was just pointing out that today I happen to go to Wta tour and seen her listed as #5 in the ranking. I know it's no where #10, but I can't help but to think what people are going to say about her once she does fall out of the top 10, she don't have that ability I believe to come back like other players I believe once she falls out of the top 10 she might not come back.

Marcus1979
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:17 AM

here is the H2H Vs Top 4

CLIJSTERS, KIM (BEL) H2H 0-4
MAURESMO, AMELIE H2H 0-1
HENIN-HARDENNE, JUSTINE (BEL) 1-4

Actually Hingis had 3 slams before she was 17

youngest Grand Slam champion in 20th century, winning AustralianOpen (d. Pierce in final) at 16 yrs, 3 mos, 26 days;
won Wimbledon (d. Novotna in final; youngest champion inOpen Era at 16 yrs, 9 mos, 5 days)
and US Open (d. 17-year-old V.Williams in youngest Grand Slam final in Open Era);
rose to No.1 on March 31, the youngest player to do so at 16 yrs, 6 mos, 1 day;

she had held the #1 ranking for 26 consecutive weeks before her 17th birthday

So Hingis archived a lot more than Sharapova did at a young age

TeaMMashA
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Look at Serena though she won a grand slam at a young age like Maria and didnt win another for a couple of years! look how succesful she has been, she could be a lot betetr if it wasnt for injuries etc

SJW
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:20 AM

somebody lied to you.
plus, a nice little manipulation of stats right there. leave off the three current best players on tour, why don't you.

-VSR-
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Look at Serena though she won a grand slam at a young age like Maria and didnt win another for a couple of years! look how succesful she has been, she could be a lot betetr if it wasnt for injuries etc

True. But let's not compare Serena success to Maria.

-VSR-
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:21 AM
somebody lied to you.

Yeah it's tied at 2-2.

Simplicity
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Shes got worse you say so far she s 3 rd in the champions race and has reached two semis one being a Grandslam and also a final, i would say thats a good record for a girl who had doubts about even playing at the start of the year at Australian Open! dont forget that age thing also, she is way ahead of all the other 18 year olds on tour! (Dont forget the one day, two legends, two wins day when she defeated both Hingis and Davenport)
Venus has defeated Capriati and Davenport on same days before. Beating Davenport isn't hard to do nowadays :rolleyes: as much as I hate to admit it, she had her chances at Wimbledon. I think that was her Final chance, and it sucks :sad: But yea, like anyways defeating Davenport and Hingis on the same day, at this stage of their career, isn't much big of a deal. More than a handful of players can do that nowadays :drool:

switz
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:23 AM
Sharapova's game is not naturally going to flourish to an unattainable level like some of her fans think - she needs to do a lot of work just to remain a slam contender IMO.

She is still clearly a top player however - overall i'd probably put her at number 6, maybe 5 if i weren't a Mary fan.

waratahsrock
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Maria's ranking is on a slow decline how long will it be until she's out of the top ten.

Maria's ranking on a slow decline? Considering she has been in the top 5 since late 2004, that looks fairly consistant to me. It's not like she's having early exits at slams either.
And when you take into consideration the lack of tournaments played at the end of last year combined with the early success she had, it leaves little room for improvement in the first half of the year - Rankings wise.

you may not like it, but she's gonna hang around inside the top 10 for a while yet (injuries permitting).

I predicted this year would be worst than last year for Maria, but know one listened to me are you people listening know
why? she's had a fairly similar start to last year, and beat Davenport and Hingis on the same day - not a bad effort.

tennisjay
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:29 AM
Sharapova's game is not naturally going to flourish to an unattainable level like some of her fans think - she needs to do a lot of work just to remain a slam contender IMO.

She is still clearly a top player however - overall i'd probably put her at number 6, maybe 5 if i weren't a Mary fan.

So true, and that's what I've been trying to say for a year know. Honestly Maria was lucky like Iva to beat a player who just come from a injury layoff, because how many slams has she won since. Like Iva NONE.

TeaMMashA
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:29 AM

I no i didnt but i believ she can be as successful or more successful

TeaMMashA
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:31 AM
So true, and that's what I've been trying to say for a year know. Honestly Maria was lucky like Iva to beat a player who just come from a injury layoff, because how many slams has she won since. Like Iva NONE.

IF YOUR ARE EXPECTING MARIA TO WIN GRANDSLAMS THEN HOW COME YOU ARENT A VERY KEEN ADMIRER OF HER TALENTS?

-VSR-
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:33 AM

Really? :lol:

SJW
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:35 AM
why don't we concentrate on Masha getting a second slam rather than 7?
one at a time makes more sense.

TeaMMashA
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Really? :lol:

Anything is possible she is just as succesful as Serena at this age am i right? she has got the most potential on tour at the moment!

waratahsrock
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:45 AM

Don't start this crap up again. Maria's Wimbledon victory was no fluke - and it took 7 matches to win (like it or not, serena is not the only player on tour).

If Serena was capable of making the final (taking down Mauresmo along the way - which is some circles around here is deemed a classic) past injuries cannot be blamed.

tennisjay
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:46 AM
why don't we concentrate on Masha getting a second slam rather than 7?
one at a time makes more sense.

What's that old saying, he's pulling the cart before the horse. Most people in the tennis community had Maria winning 7 slams or more before she even won one that's what make them look so stupid. It's almost as if they want Maria to wash away what Serena has done for some reason, but then again they did think Serena was bad for tennis I want to know will they think the same of Maria if she make it 7 Grandslams I doubt it.

TeaMMashA
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:52 AM
I dont believe im pulling the cart before the horse im just very optimistic of Marias future can you blame me she has stacks of potential to became a great!

Reuchlin
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:56 AM
And if your going to post stats, make sure they're right :wavey: :rolleyes:

I copied and pasted this off WTATOUR :wavey: :wavey:

Reuchlin
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:58 AM
here is the H2H Vs Top 4

CLIJSTERS, KIM (BEL) H2H 0-4
MAURESMO, AMELIE H2H 0-1
HENIN-HARDENNE, JUSTINE (BEL) 1-4

Actually Hingis had 3 slams before she was 17

youngest Grand Slam champion in 20th century, winning AustralianOpen (d. Pierce in final) at 16 yrs, 3 mos, 26 days;
won Wimbledon (d. Novotna in final; youngest champion inOpen Era at 16 yrs, 9 mos, 5 days)
and US Open (d. 17-year-old V.Williams in youngest Grand Slam final in Open Era);
rose to No.1 on March 31, the youngest player to do so at 16 yrs, 6 mos, 1 day;

she had held the #1 ranking for 26 consecutive weeks before her 17th birthday

So Hingis archived a lot more than Sharapova did at a young age

"Judging that Maris is much younger than any one of these players-- and has accomplished something at age 17 very few of them did at age 23+"

:tape: :tape: :tape:

Andy.
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:59 AM
Wait till after Wimbledon where she doesnt have a lot to defend and watch her ranking rise

TeaMMashA
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:01 AM
"Judging that Maris is much younger than any one of these players-- and has accomplished something at age 17 very few of them did at age 23+"

exactly players like JHH Clijsters Mauresmo etc were not grandslam winners in their teen years like Maria

Tennace
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:02 AM
WHat is WS??? I probably know but cant remember. Somebody remind me please. :)

Marcus1979
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:09 AM

Sorry I thought u missed that bit :o

I was thinking u were saying she was way better than all of em at that age

I appologise

Marcus1979
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:12 AM
exactly players like JHH Clijsters Mauresmo etc were not grandslam winners in their teen years like Maria

Hingis was tho ;)

3 slams before she was 17
4 slams before she was 18
5 slams before she was 19 ;)

Reuchlin
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:16 AM
WHat is WS??? I probably know but cant remember. Somebody remind me please. :)

Williams Sisters, I think.

Marcus1979
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:17 AM

Bingo :)

morningglory
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:19 AM
tennisjay strikes again! :rolleyes:
I say in 10+ years when Maria's old...

TeaMMashA
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:19 AM
Hingis was tho ;)

3 slams before she was 17
4 slams before she was 18
5 slams before she was 19 ;)

But i didnt mention Hingis though! :) and i was highlighting the fact that great players dont have to win grandslams or ridiculous amounts of them in their teen years!

morningglory
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:23 AM
:yawn: Maria fans... evacuate this thread please, this hater is not worth our time...

TeaMMashA
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:27 AM
:yawn: Maria fans... evacuate this thread please, this hater is not worth our time...

:lol: :worship: :)

Tennace
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:29 AM
:o :o :o :o I'm on fire today :tape: :lol:

zibaas
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:48 AM
Maria dropped to 6# because of Doha??

Marcus1979
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:50 AM
I'm not a hater.

I am still mesmorised by what Hingis accomplished at such a young age

u think we will see another dominant teen like that again?

tennisjay
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:51 AM
Maria dropped to 6# because of Doha??

Oh I didn't no that. I honestly feel sorry for her, because with failure come those comparisons to Anna.

TeaMMashA
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Oh I didn't no that. I honestly feel sorry for her, because with failure come those comparisons to Anna.

Comparisons to Anna, Anna didnt win anything how can you compare Maria to Anna in any way!! :lol: god dam i can tell you hate this girl cos that was a truly silly remark!

Reuchlin
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:57 AM
I'm not a hater.

I am still mesmorised by what Hingis accomplished at such a young age

u think we will see another dominant teen like that again?

I think that since the game has gotten a lot more physical in the last 8-10 years, it would be very hard for a player to start winning as much as Hingis did at 16-- Even Maria at 17/18 is not fully developed physically yet. There are just so many girls now who put a lot of emphasis not merely on stamina but strength.

Mother_Marjorie
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:58 AM

Well, if you look at their individual success at the same age, they compare almost identical, except Maria is making it to semi's, not quarters as Serena did in '01 at the slams.

Just sayin'

zibaas
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:59 AM
What will be maria´s ranking at monday??

tennisjay
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:02 AM
Well, if you look at their individual success at the same age, they compare almost identical, except Maria is making it to semi's, not quarters as Serena did in '01 at the slams.

Just sayin'

Here we go, let all bow down to Maria she is the almighty, she the best tennis player ever, even when she loses she win because she's just that good. God their will never be another player as good as Maria. Now see how stupid you sound.

Reuchlin
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:07 AM
Here we go, let all bow down to Maria she is the almighty, she the best tennis player ever, even when she loses she win because she's just that good. God their will never be another player as good as Maria. Now see how stupid you sound.

He's just pointing a fact out. :rolleyes:
As much as you hate to admit it, Maria has a far more consistant post early slam career than Serena. Judging by the lack of talent in the 18 and under pool-- my guess is she will be cleaning the floor with a lot of players in the years to come No body is saying that Maria is the best player ever-- What she does have is top 10 all time talent. She has also been far more consistant than any other player at slams SINCE her Wimbledon win.

TeaMMashA
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:07 AM

Ya see ya finally getting it it sounds this way when you talk of Serena etc! now please if you have nothing good to say please be quiet

Junex
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:08 AM
I agree with you on all the above, and I do believe Petrova will win her first Grandslam this year, remember I was the one who said Momo would win her first Grandslam title this year when everyone else said she wouldn't.

And so..... :confused:

your Nostradmus' nephew...... :rolleyes:

Mother_Marjorie
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:11 AM

Sorry if you got your feathers ruffled dumb fuck, but I did the memo.....you are a hater.

Reuchlin
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:13 AM
Hey, do all Williams fans realize that this post actually insults the Sisters? " Maria ranking keeps dropping how long before she join the WS?"

waratahsrock
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:13 AM

so who's the one overreacting?

-VSR-
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:14 AM
Hey, do all Williams fans realize that this post actually insults the Sisters? " Maria ranking keeps dropping how long before she join the WS?"

Yes I do. What is your point? Do you want to keep fighting or something? I really think of you "fans" on here only come here for the drama.

tennisjay
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:15 AM
Ya see ya finally getting it it sounds this way when you talk of Serena etc! now please if you have nothing good to say please be quiet

Unlike you I have never said any such thing about Serena, but I have when I talk about Steffi. Maria fans continue to say Maria will be the best, but with her lack of movement and inablility to change up her game she will never never win 7 grandslam title, I know you Serena haters was hoping she could, but she won't. Maria may win one more if she's lucky or maybe match her twin Lindsay record, but 7 no way.

-VSR-
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:16 AM
WILL YOU GUYS STOP FIGHTING! Holy shit!

tennisjay
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:18 AM
Yes I do. What is your point? Do you want to keep fighting or something? I really think of you "fans" on here only come here for the drama.

I was in no way insulting the WS, because you and I know the WS could be ranked 100 and still win Grandslam Titles unlike Maria who couldn't win another one with an easy draw to help her.

TeaMMashA
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:20 AM
Unlike you I have never said any such thing about Serena, but I have when I talk about Steffi. Maria fans continue to say Maria will be the best, but with her lack of movement and inablility to change up her game she will never never win 7 grandslam title, I know you Serena haters was hoping she could, but she won't. Maria may win one more if she's lucky or maybe match her twin Lindsay record, but 7 no way.

Please quote me where i said i thought Masha was the best! :) and i think its too early to say shes not gonan win a grandslam especially an 18 year old who has alreay proved she is very capable and has the most potential on tour!

tennisjay
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:30 AM
Please quote me where i said i thought Masha was the best! :) and i think its too early to say shes not gonan win a grandslam especially an 18 year old who has alreay proved she is very capable and has the most potential on tour!

Most potenial compared to who the 14 and 15 yr olds that are coming up behind her, she should be. Maria is the oldest compared to them and she will be 19 soon so she's getting older. Maria is being replaced as the it called as they call her in both the talent and looks department.

TeaMMashA
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:33 AM
Most potenial compared to who the 14 and 15 yr olds that are coming up behind her, she should be. Maria is the oldest compared to them and she will be 19 soon so she's getting older. Maria is being replaced as the it called as they call her in both the talent and looks department.

Actually i said most ptential on tour which wouldnt include the 14 15 year olds up and coming! :) im talking of players that are also 18 like Ana Ivanovic Makiri Vadisova etc! and id like for you to name one of those 14 15 year olds who will replace maria in looks and talent please?

StarDuvallGrant
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:37 AM
I was in no way insulting the WS, because you and I know the WS could be ranked 100 and still win Grandslam Titles unlike Maria who couldn't win another one with an easy draw to help her.

The fact of the matter is you didn't have to use the Williams sisters names or bring them up in relation to Maria period.

Simplicity
Mar 6th, 2006, 04:16 AM
Yes! I do! I was so disturbed that someone would compare someone who is nasty and terrible like Sharapova, to a queen like Serena! :rolleyes: :fiery: :mad: That;s why my firends and I distributed so many bad reps today! :fiery:

tennisjay
Mar 6th, 2006, 04:25 AM
Yes! I do! I was so disturbed that someone would compare someone who is nasty and terrible like Sharapova, to a queen like Serena! :rolleyes: :fiery: :mad: That;s why my firends and I distributed so many bad reps today! :fiery:

Isn't that funny, they should be more upset that Maria fans keep comparing her to great champions like the WS especially for someone who has only one fluke grandslam title why not compare Iva M to Serena. :lol:

xin_hui
Mar 6th, 2006, 04:26 AM
Actually i said most ptential on tour which wouldnt include the 14 15 year olds up and coming! :) im talking of players that are also 18 like Ana Ivanovic Makiri Vadisova etc!

ANA IVANOVIC. she is gorgeous. u know why she doesnt have the results maria has now? she didnt have the facilities maria had at bolliteri

tennisjay
Mar 6th, 2006, 04:33 AM
ANA IVANOVIC. she is gorgeous. u know why she doesnt have the results maria has now? she didnt have the facilities maria had at bolliteri

Thank you, Andy R and Maria S where both treated to the best tennis had to offer and look at their careers, going down hill fast. The WS got thier training at brokeup tennis courts. While Maria and Andy played at the best facilities. Who knows where these other girls train at, but know one talks about that. I admire young girls who work hard to make their money and get the attention they get unlike certain players who use their looks to be called the highest paid female athlete what a joke. If Ana I. was milky skin and blonde GOD only knows.

waratahsrock
Mar 6th, 2006, 04:48 AM
Thank you, Andy R and Maria S where both treated to the best tennis had to offer and look at their careers, going down hill fast. The WS got thier training at brokeup tennis courts. While Maria and Andy played at the best facilities. Who knows where these other girls train at, but know one talks about that. I admire young girls who work hard to make their money and get the attention they get unlike certain players who use their looks to be called the highest paid female athlete what a joke. If Ana I. was milky skin and blonde GOD only knows.

so are your little tantrums just out of jealousy that the media is focusing on players that are NOT your favs?
If your sick and tired of the media over hyping particular players, instead of whinging and repeating the same trash over and over on a tennis message board, how about you stop listening to those media sources?

Krystell
Mar 6th, 2006, 04:50 AM

:lol: Now this is a funny post. Ahem, her ranking won't drop much at all if she keeps playing in tournaments and getting to the semis or better, don't count on her falling out of the top ten or :tape: out of the top thirty like some other players we know, with results like that.

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 6th, 2006, 04:51 AM

agree:kiss:

WIMBLY2004
Mar 6th, 2006, 05:10 AM
wow, another hate thread about Maria full of Williams fans, still can't get over your bitterness? :lol:

morningglory
Mar 6th, 2006, 05:12 AM
wow, another hate thread about Maria full of Williams fans, still can't get over your bitterness? :lol:
not all WS fans are like tennisjay. Most of them do not want flame wars, and neither do we.

switz
Mar 6th, 2006, 05:22 AM

they are notable cases of players with mental blocks plus i would argue that there games had a lot of room for development - i don't see so much potential in Maria's game.

Clijsters and mauresmo were winning tournaments above tier III level though ;)

Pureracket
Mar 6th, 2006, 05:23 AM
:lol: Now this is a funny post. Ahem, her ranking won't drop much at all if she keeps playing in tournaments and getting to the semis or better, don't count on her falling out of the top ten or :tape: out of the top thirty like some other players we know, with results like that.SWOOP!!!!!

Pureracket
Mar 6th, 2006, 05:24 AM
wow, another hate thread about Maria full of Williams fans, still can't get over your bitterness? :lol:Umm...bitterness about what?

bellascarlett
Mar 6th, 2006, 05:44 AM
I dunno what amazes me more - the number of threads tennisjay starts about Maria to so obviously put her in a bad light or the people who actually pay attention to and especially ride on the waves of :bs: he has to say.

Gosh, I really expect more from people on this board... :rolleyes:

TeamMasha, don't even bother reasoning with the threadstarter. You are just wasting your time.

Pureracket
Mar 6th, 2006, 05:50 AM
I dunno what amazes me more - the number of threads tennisjay starts about Maria to so obviously put her in a bad light or the people who actually pay attention to and especially ride on the waves of :bs: he has to say.

Gosh, I really expect more from people on this board... :rolleyes:

TeamMasha, don't even bother reasoning with the threadstarter. You are just wasting your time.I take it you never go into any of the threads about Venus and/or Serena, then.:cool:

TennizFan
Mar 6th, 2006, 05:56 AM
this thread --> :retard: and :yawn:

Pureracket
Mar 6th, 2006, 06:05 AM
Well, I actually like Maria Sharapova. I think real tennis fans would want her in the game and to do as well as possible. Honestly, as much as we might root against her, isn't it refreshing to see a female athlete, regardless of who she is, clench her teeth and give her all in the field of battle?

Certainly, I would want my daughter to watch her confidence and swagger.