PDA

View Full Version : At age 21..How far do you think Shenay Perry can go up in the Rankings ?

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 5th, 2006, 07:56 PM
I think Shenay has the talent to be a Top 30 Player. At age 21 she still has some time to improve her game...so hopefully she can prove m e wrong... ;) :bounce:

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:08 PM
I like Shenay. I don't think she is top 10 potential though. She could get in the top 50 this year, maybe top 40 but that would be tough.

new-york
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Higher than people care, hopefully. ;)

Paldias
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Number 1! ;) :p Who knows, if she can find out to make her serve consistent then who knows :D

Wiggly
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:15 PM
I touthg she was like 27 :tape:

iPatty
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:18 PM
I think Shenay is extremely talented. If she could become more of a force up at the net, it would do loads for her game. If she was a great volleyer, she would probably win 60% more of her matches. Coming in behing that great serve or that amazing slice backhand...she could easily be top 20. :yeah: :worship:

Andy.
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:20 PM
She has a lot of potential and has more of an all court game than 95% of the tour i have seen her live and she was great she is just not living up to the potential right now.

jonny84
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:21 PM
I think at least Top50, if she carries on this weeks form.

mishar
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:33 PM
If she can play consistently like she did today, definitely top 50. Maybe even more i she can get very tough and confident mentally. She has a huge forehand, an above-average first and second serve, a quality volley, great movement, and that slice backhand can be so biting it could give most of the girls on tour trouble.

However, I don't think her long forehand stroke and her backhand slice will hold up well against the top 15 players. She could make top 30 if she really stays focussed and gets more confident.

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:42 PM
If she can play consistently like she did today, definitely top 50. Maybe even more i she can get very tough and confident mentally. She has a huge forehand, an above-average first and second serve, a quality volley, great movement, and that slice backhand can be so biting it could give most of the girls on tour trouble.

However, I don't think her long forehand stroke and her backhand slice will hold up well against the top 15 players. She could make top 30 if she really stays focussed and gets more confident.

Very nicely said! :yeah:

-sugi-
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:44 PM
top 50

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Shenay will be #94 in tomorows rankings. Up from #134 two weeks ago :worship: :bounce:

new-york
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Shenay will be #94 in tomorows rankings. Up from #134 two weeks ago :worship: :bounce:

i didn't know she was only 134. omg.

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:49 PM
i didn't know she was only 134. omg.

Yeah..i think she got down as low as #150 or so last month . She is really making a move now :D :bounce:

Louis Cyphre
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:51 PM
I dont know

njnetswill
Mar 5th, 2006, 09:19 PM
She could make the top 60...but never really make a charge at the top 40 in my opinion.

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 5th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I think at least Top50, if she carries on this weeks form.

Hopefully she can as she has Wimbledon 3rd rd points to defend from last year coming up ;) :bounce:

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:15 AM
I think the clay season won't help her much though. I don't really see her game working on clay, even though her slice could be effective on this surface. The serve and forehand will lose their *it*.

Andy.
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:17 AM
I think the clay season won't help her much though. I don't really see her game working on clay, even though her slice could be effective on this surface. The serve and forehand will lose their *it*.

Thats for sure but i think she will more than make up for it on Grass where she is a real danger player when she is on and really attacking a lot, chipping and charging and serving and volleying.

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:56 AM
Thats for sure but i think she will more than make up for it on Grass where she is a real danger player when she is on and really attacking a lot, chipping and charging and serving and volleying.

I hope her ranking is high enough this year to play in both warm ups :D :bounce:

Randy H
Mar 6th, 2006, 04:03 AM
Top 50 is certainly within her reach, I'd say at best probably top 30 if she were able to make everything click. She has weapons, and I like her variety, the one thing that I find she lacks is just being able to stay focused on every point. Too often she will throw in some careless returns or silly mistakes and inopportune moments, but I think that's almost typical of someone who has as many shots as Shenay does. I think if she can learn when to play all of her shots at the right time, she'll see much more consistent results at tour level. :)

Hingis+Krajicek
Mar 6th, 2006, 05:02 AM
I saw her at this years Aussie Open against Ana and i think she has alot of potential top 40 or maybe top 30

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 6th, 2006, 06:27 AM
top 20. she won't get further than 18-20.