PDA

View Full Version : The "new" design of the Yonex RD-Ti 80

crazillo
Mar 5th, 2006, 01:30 PM
I owned the older version of this racquet. In 2005, a new paint-job was done and the racquet looks different from before.

I want to buy another two of these racquets. A shop sells the "old" design for 90 €, while the "new" 2005 design is about 150 €.

Although I would like to try out the new design I don't want to pay so much more - if it's the same racquet...

Can anybody confirm that the only thing they changed is the paint? Because then I would definitely buy the old design in order to save money.

BTW I think this racquet is great. Anybody agrees?

Maggie&MomoFan
Mar 5th, 2006, 02:18 PM
yes i use the old version raqcuet and i refuse to waste my money on a new paint of the racquet! its a great raqqcuet, i own 4 of it!

crazillo
Mar 5th, 2006, 02:59 PM
yes i use the old version raqcuet and i refuse to waste my money on a new paint of the racquet! its a great raqqcuet, i own 4 of it!

I remebered you having five. :lol: Dunno why.^^

I know, I like it as well, but I don't see any sense in paying so much more for this new paint. But are you sure it is the same racquet technically-wise?

Babolatpro880
Mar 5th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Do you mean those new yellow rackets? I think they're kind of ugly.

crazillo
Mar 5th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Do you mean those new yellow rackets? I think they're kind of ugly.

Yonex RD-Ti 80 2005 (NEW) (http://www.yonex.sk/images/rakety/ultimum-rd-ti-80.jpg)
Yonex RD-Ti 80 (OLD) (http://www.dono.com.cn/images/star/Hantuchova-04.jpg)

And I want to know if anything besides the paintjob was changed (technical elements).

matija-seles
Mar 5th, 2006, 06:08 PM
It is EXACTLY the same racquet! Just different paintjob :).

Martina2
Mar 5th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Yes defiantely the same exact raquet! Same specs, just different colour for 2005!

Babolatpro880
Mar 5th, 2006, 07:26 PM
I would pay the money for the new paintjob lol. It looks way better than the old one.

crazillo
Mar 5th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I would pay the money for the new paintjob lol. It looks way better than the old one.

I know it does. I absolutely love it. But it's like two racquets for one prize now. And that only for a different paintjob, I don't know...

If it had better qualities I might have rethought it, but in this case it's not worth the thought even. :p

aimee20
Mar 6th, 2006, 12:01 AM
this is such a classic racquet. :worship:
don't bother to buy the new version. they are exactly the same. :wavey:

K-Dog
Mar 6th, 2006, 12:27 AM
It is kind of like the stuff going on with Head Flexpoints. The racquets aren't dissimilar at all from what I've exprienced. I play with an Instinct Flexpoint and a normal Instinct and I can't tell the difference at all.

Maggie&MomoFan
Mar 6th, 2006, 12:35 AM
I remebered you having five. :lol: Dunno why.^^

I know, I like it as well, but I don't see any sense in paying so much more for this new paint. But are you sure it is the same racquet technically-wise?

haha i did have 5 but i broke one of a net post haha

Havok
Mar 6th, 2006, 12:39 AM
I like the old design personally :shrug:.

SelesFan70
Mar 6th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Yonex RULES! :rocker2:

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:12 AM
Well if it is the same design, I really don't see the use of paying a lot more for it. Anyways, I'll beat you with both Sascha ;)

crazillo
Mar 6th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Well if it is the same design, I really don't see the use of paying a lot more for it. Anyways, I'll beat you with both Sascha ;)

:lol: I knew that this had to come.

I already ordered them. :)

Thanx everybody.

BTW, I think it is kind of an underrated racket, too. ;)