PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Comeback in your match (any sports including tennis)

Brett.
Mar 5th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Basketball:
In the first half, it was 5 to 25 and we came back to beat 35 to 28 in 2001 i think!

Tell me about your biggest comeback :)

FaceyFacem
Mar 5th, 2006, 03:56 AM
one time i won a tournament where 3 of my 4 matches i lost the first set 1-6...

i'm pretty proud of that...

serenafan08
Mar 5th, 2006, 04:01 AM
I was playing an eight-game proset during my junior year in high school, and I was behind 7-1. I came back to 7-7, then lost 9-7 :lol: :p But I was really happy with myself because I didn't give up.

StarrJones
Mar 5th, 2006, 04:05 AM
It was about 4 years ago....when i was "still" in high school...i was playing against Caitlin Buckley, one of the better females at the time. SHe was in the zone, hitting winners off every corner of the court, especially of gher backhand...i found myself down 1-5...i came back to level it, only to lose the set 5-7 .

Second set was pretty easy, she had a meltdown, after a triple double, and i starter nailing backhands. I took the set 6-2.

Third set was pretty even. I won 8-6 and i screamed and threw my raquet. She swore. Hahahaha. Im ruthless!

starr.

RJWCapriati
Mar 5th, 2006, 05:11 AM
last summer of 2005 me and my sister were playing, she is the #1 4.0 woman in Tennessee :)

I won 5-7, 7-5, 7-6

extremely hot that day and I had nothing to drink in the 2nd and the 3rd!!

silly me, :smash: but I still fought and won!!

Derek.
Mar 5th, 2006, 05:33 AM
One time in a tournament, I lost the first set 6-7(4) and then won the second 6-4, but I lost in the supertiebreak. :o Still that was the first time I won the second set after losing the first. :p

I also came back from like 1-3 down to win 6-4 6-2, even though that's not really a comeback. :p

RR-87
Mar 5th, 2006, 05:36 AM
i won once 4-6 6-4 7-6(5) and my opponent was leading 4-1 in decisive set but he became so scared :) and wasted all opportunities

crazyroberto6767
Mar 5th, 2006, 06:11 AM
Cool stories everyone :yeah:

Once, I lost the first set 1-6 to my opponent who was playing well and I was just making a lot of UFE. Then I rebounded and won the second set 6-4. I thought I would keep the momentum going, but I totally came out flat in the third and he started playing really well again. He got up 5-2, after we had a little fight over a line call. To make a long story short, he had 6 match points, I saved them all and ended up winning 7-5 in the third. Fun fun (although it probably wasn't much fun for him).

Mana
Mar 5th, 2006, 06:24 AM
I have been dieing to tell people about this match!

I was playing my best mate Kieran K. Well I won 4-6 6-4 6-4.
In the first set I was down 1-5 and pulled it back with lots of aces:). Then in the second I was down 1-4 but came back to win it 6-4 and in the third set I was down 1-4 but came back to win 4-6 6-4 6-4! It was so tense and our friendship was tested to thge limit! These was one rally at 4-4 in the third that went for 103 strokes:bolt:. When I won the ralley I raised my arms and yelled "Fuck yes!". It was awesome!!!

The best match I have ever played in!!!!!!!!!!

StarrJones
Mar 5th, 2006, 06:30 AM
I have been dieing to tell people about this match!

I was playing my best mate Kieran K. Well I won 4-6 6-4 6-4.
In the first set I was down 1-5 and pulled it back with lots of aces:). Then in the second I was down 1-4 but came back to win it 6-4 and in the third set I was down 1-4 but came back to win 4-6 6-4 6-4! It was so tense and our friendship was tested to thge limit! These was one rally at 4-4 in the third that went for 103 strokes:bolt:. When I won the ralley I raised my arms and yelled "Fuck yes!". It was awesome!!!

The best match I have ever played in!!!!!!!!!!

first of all, 103 strokes?

secondly, how on earth did you know it was 103? did you guestimate? were you actually counting? im very interested in knowing this scintilating info!

ive never had a rally last longing than 50 strokes. ever. and that was a bitchfest! (i almost colllapst!)

probably why ill never go pro!

ivanovic
Mar 5th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Down 26 25 and won it 26 76 63

In mixed doubles last week down 06 to win it 06 64 76

TF Chipmunk
Mar 5th, 2006, 06:39 AM

secondly, how on earth did you know it was 103? did you guestimate? were you actually counting? im very interested in knowing this scintilating info!

ive never had a rally last longing than 50 strokes. ever. and that was a bitchfest! (i almost colllapst!)

Yeah, I've had like 20+, but definitely not even 50 I don't think :o

Anyway, I have two great matches in mind, both of which I either lost or didn't finish :sad:

One was against my friend a couple summers ago. I was down 1-6 1-5, and then I came all the way back and won 11 games in a row to lead 1-6 7-5 5-1, and then I choked and lost in the third set tiebreak 1-6 7-5 6-7 :help:

Another match was recently against my cousin, and I won the first set after playing really badly, and I won 7-6. Then the second set, I continued to play badly, but now my cousin could actually take advantage of my mistakes, and I lost 4-6, and in the third, I was leading 3-1 and it got too dark to play :fiery: So the match ended at 7-6 4-6 3-1 :o

But really, choking has been the story of my life :o Don't get me wrong, I've won matches, but none of them have been close by any means. It's either I blow someone out, I get blown out, or I choke a close one :sad:

Just last week while we were playing against another school, it was an 8-game pro-set, and I was leading throughout the whole set, up to 6-5, and I ended up losing the next 3 games (and consequently the match) after choking away a game point to go up 7-5 hitting an overhead long :sobbing:

Mana
Mar 5th, 2006, 06:43 AM

Yes 103 strokes incl serve.
Well first of all there is no way I could count during that rally!!! I video all of my matches and we looked at the tape and counted. The first 15-20 shots were aggressive but then it turned into a moonball fest, until I hit the winner:woohoo:. I was such a big point that we just waited for each other to make the error. It seemed to take about 5 hours to complete.

blerr
Mar 5th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Well... In soccer (over two different games)... we lost the first game to a team 9-1.. and we had to play them in a Cup Game later in the year.. and we beat them 1-0.. it was probably the biggest win ever and probably the best my team had ever played..and last year we beat a team we hadn't beaten in like 5 years.. that was huuge

all the stories are awesome here btw :yeah:

Monica_Rules
Mar 5th, 2006, 10:45 AM
I was playing my friend bout 3 years ago i was 18 he was 17. I hadn't beaten him in about a year our head to head was prob something like 50-20 to him i think that last time i beat him i'd won 7-5 6-3 but we were playing once more and leading up to this i don't think i;d won a set off him in a while i was loosing 6-0 6-1, 6-2 6-1, my best set being 6-3 i think.

Well anyway the match started the same as usual he was steady hitting good shots some winners and i was awful missing the most basic of shots by miles i was down 5-0 then i was serving and we had this really long game where i was playign better so i knew in the 2nd set i would be playing better. I lost that game but felt confident.

In the second set i started off by breaking him for my first game. i was now adopting a more defensive game to try and keep the points going on for longer after a few more breaks and holds he led 3-2 hwe then held and broke for 5-2. i was telling myself just one more game, just one more game and with this i clawed myway back to lead 6-5 and by now i was playing well not my best but i was consistant.

It ended up going to a breaker and i knew i could take it. I played some great shots and rallies to win it 7-3 i think and i was amazed that i made it to a third set.

The final set started badly as i went 3-0 down cos he started playign much better, it then went with serve till 5-2. at this point i felt like i was going to die i was so tired we'd been playing for over an hour and a half and i wasn't the fittest person by this point. I was telling myself just one more point, just one more point. After every point i was trying to get myself going ala Sharapova and it worked, by now i was so tired all i could do was rally and run and as my friend self destructed with sloppy errors i clawed my way back to 5-5.I broke to lead 6-5 then i had ther longest game of my life serving for the match,. After every point i had to gop to the back netting to rest otherwise i'd colapse. After about 3 match points missed on my 4th i rolled the serve in and my friend hit the return long and i'd won 0-6 7-6(3) 7-5 for my 1st win over him in a while. Even though i was so tired i was just so happy.

:inlove:
Mar 5th, 2006, 10:54 AM
I was playing my brother in August 2005 (he's 22, I'm 17), and we were playing first two sets tiebreakers, and then third set goes on as normal (you get my drift). And it took us two days to complete - I had won the first set 6-3. My brother than got into his zone and won the second 6-2. Then we stopped, cos we were going out :p . And then the next, day he was up 4-0 40-15, and I clawed back to 4-3, and then he held to love to lead 5-3, and then it became a marathon! I won the third 11-9!! I was sooooooo proud of that, I remember that day well. :D :D :worship: I worship myself lol.

But he does lead the head-to-head against me 31-23. :sad:

TeaMMashA
Mar 5th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Football - Last game for my Under 16 team in the league cup final 3 -0 down at half time came back and won it on penalties!!

pancake
Mar 5th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Badminton, first to get 21 points win, and I was down 12-19, I levelled it to 19 all but hit the next 2 balls into the net:o
And another: first to get 15 points win and I was down 12-14, I saved both points and saved another at 14-15, in the end I won 17-15:)

Ballbasher
Mar 5th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Badminton:I was down 2-15 3-14 and he was the "star" of all other tourneys,but he started to cry when I won 2-15 18-16 15-12
I lost in the semis,but I won the match for the third place :p

Tennis:I was down 6-0 5-7 2-5 at the end I won 6-0 5-7 7-6 :D

tfannis
Mar 5th, 2006, 11:17 AM
I came back from 2-6 2-5 down to win 2-6 7-5 6-3. Match ended at 2am :zzz:

And last year I was up 6-2 6-7 3-0 when I got serious cramps in my left leg. I couldn't run anymore. My opponent came back and was about to win cause she only had to hit the ball back in court, but at 3-3 it started raining :banana: One hour later we resumed our match and I won 6-4 in the third set :devil:

©@®eLess
Mar 5th, 2006, 11:29 AM
last year i was 1-6 0-3 down to win back 1-6 6-4 6-2

and last year when i went to greece with my friends we played volleyball with some Romanians they were 2 sets up and 20-10 in the third and eventually we won 3 sets to two with my great serves.

I'm not so good in other sports. Keep losing regulary in basketball, and i suck in football so i'm goalkeeping most of the time :lol:

Babolatpro880
Mar 5th, 2006, 12:57 PM
I played one set against someone and I was down 2-5, and the other person was serving at 40-0. This person didn't like to play ads, so I actually saved four match points in a row and ended up winning in a tiebreak.

king416
Mar 5th, 2006, 01:38 PM
In the first set i was down 0-5 (30-40) and came back to win the set 7-6 (8) and the match 7-6, 3-6, 6-4. I saved 4 set points in that first set, including one to be bagelled, i lapsed in the second set but came back in the third. I was pretty pleased with myself ;)

Wiggly
Mar 5th, 2006, 01:39 PM
I always don't care about losing or I fight like 1-5 to 5-5 to lose the set 5-7 :lol:
It's always that :tape:

When it's 4-4, you cna be sure 70% of the time I'm gonna choke :tape:

Only time I was soooo proud of myself was when I won this match, the girl leads 4-2 3*-1, but I'm like, "I'm not gonna be trashed by a girl :lol: :tape: ", so I manage to breaks her :) And then, I had a terrible service game, 0-40! So I decide to hit serve as har as I can! But...it work :eek: I nerver hit that hard and I never be able to hit that hard again :tape: But I hit 3 aces, 1 service winner and th last one she manage to hit it back on play but it was really weak so I put it back softly in the court. After that, she was like shock so I mange to win 2-4 5-3 5-1 :bounce:

But i'm an horrible choker :tape:

matthias
Mar 5th, 2006, 01:40 PM
i was down
5:7 2:5 and at 5:7 4:5 the guy had 2 Matchpoints
but i came back and won the second set 7:5
in the third i was again down 2:5 and won the set 7:6

so from 5:7 2:5 to 5:7 7:5 7:6
it was a 3hour battle

Derek.
Mar 5th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I've had like 20+, but definitely not even 50 I don't think :o

Anyway, I have two great matches in mind, both of which I either lost or didn't finish :sad:

One was against my friend a couple summers ago. I was down 1-6 1-5, and then I came all the way back and won 11 games in a row to lead 1-6 7-5 5-1, and then I choked and lost in the third set tiebreak 1-6 7-5 6-7 :help:

Another match was recently against my cousin, and I won the first set after playing really badly, and I won 7-6. Then the second set, I continued to play badly, but now my cousin could actually take advantage of my mistakes, and I lost 4-6, and in the third, I was leading 3-1 and it got too dark to play :fiery: So the match ended at 7-6 4-6 3-1 :o

But really, choking has been the story of my life :o Don't get me wrong, I've won matches, but none of them have been close by any means. It's either I blow someone out, I get blown out, or I choke a close one :sad:

Just last week while we were playing against another school, it was an 8-game pro-set, and I was leading throughout the whole set, up to 6-5, and I ended up losing the next 3 games (and consequently the match) after choking away a game point to go up 7-5 hitting an overhead long :sobbing:

It's ok. We all aren't good at tennis. :hug:

TF Chipmunk
Mar 5th, 2006, 03:45 PM
It's ok. We all aren't good at tennis. :hug:
:ras:

Cat's Pajamas
Mar 5th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I was winning once 6-2 4-6 5-1 and then i choked and he was up 6-5 40-30 (no ad) an i saved 2 mp's in that game and one the tiebreaker 7-5. Not really a comeback but i saved some mp's so i was very proud of myself

BEEILOVEYA
Mar 5th, 2006, 04:47 PM
I was behind 2/6, 1/5 and 0-40, when i started to play really well. I won the second set 7/6 after he had 3 match points (leading 6-3 in TB). In the third set it was really even. I won that 9-7. That was probably the best match i have ever played. It was so tense and exciting.

the jamierbelyea
Mar 5th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Too many times I'm on the losing end of these comebacks. In high school I was playing against someone and leading 6-1, 4-1, to lose the match 1-6, 7-5, 7-6(2). In my next match after I was up 6-0, 4-2, and lost 0-6, 6-4, 3-6.

eeek.

Once in doubles though, we were playing a really good team, a team that expected to run over us, and in the first set they were up 5-2, and we can back to win 7-6, then in the second set again we we down 5-2, and I came back to win that 7-6.

I'm sort of known as the Vera Zvonareva of my tennis group, though and definitley not known as a fighter.

tennisIlove09
Mar 5th, 2006, 05:02 PM
I was down 4-6 1-5. After saving 5 match points, I won 4-6 7-5 6-4

Craigy
Mar 5th, 2006, 06:03 PM
It was my first tournament of 2005, 1st round. (singles)
I was down 2/5 in the 1st set and came back to win it 7/5. I lost the 2nd set 6/3. In the 3rd I was down 2/5 again and came back to win 7/6. Final score: 7/5 2/6 7/6

In the doubles. It was the first time I had played doubles with this person. We lost the 1st set 6/0. we won the 2nd 6/4 after coming back from a break down. In the 3rd we were down 3/5 then we came back to win 7/5. final score: 0/6 6/4 7/5

In another doubles tournament. We won the 1st set 7/6. lost the 2nd 0/6. We were down 3/5. I saved 2 match points on my serve and then we won 7/5. final score: 7/6 0/5 7/5.

Europe rocks
Mar 5th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Even though it isn't much of a comeback, I was trailing 6-3 2-0 40-0 and came back to in 3-6 6-2 6-1. I was then relieved because the next match I played I won 6-2 6-0! In most of my matches there are not really many big comebacks.

DarkchildSwiss
Mar 5th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Tennis:
I was down 1-5 and won 7-5 6-0

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:18 PM
I won a match 4-6 7-6(0) 7-6(1).

Was elading 4-2 in the first. Then it was close until 5-5 in the second, he led 6-5 and had 4 match points that I saved. Arrived in the tie break and crushed him. Same story in the third, i led 5-4, he broke back, served for 6-5, I saevd 3 match points and crushed him in the tie break. Really one of the most exciting match i played!

new-york
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Tennis:
I was down 1-5 and won 7-5 6-0

must have been horrid to be the other one that day.

Jippo McScally
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Tennis: I was playing my friend, i went 5-2 down in the 1st set, got it back to a tie break, then got it to a tie break in which he led 4-1, and ended up winning 7-6(5) 6-1. We played again, he led 6-4 4-1, and i won 4-6 6-4 6-2 winning 10 games in a row.

Badminton: I played one of my friends, she led 14-5, and i won 16-14

Volcana
Mar 5th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Volleyball Down 0-14, came back to win the game. Of course, I've been on teams that were up 14-0 and then lost too.

As long as you're not playing rally-point, a volleyball game can always be won or lost. Back in the 80's, Karch Kiraly once said that if they hadn't adopted rally-point scoring, he and Kent Steffes would never lose. They's just side-out their opponents til they found a way to beat them.

Brett.
Apr 7th, 2006, 04:46 AM
Bump! Post your latest comeback in your sport! :)

Mightymirza
Apr 7th, 2006, 04:49 AM
I hav just played a few sets in my life and last one i played i was down 3 5 15 40 on serve...But I somehow pulled the set 7 5..:D

disco_rage
Apr 7th, 2006, 05:41 AM
In my junior days i was 15 and in the SF of the Regional Junior Championships and i was playing someone who i am sure was OLDER than 16! He was about 6ft 3... Anyway i couldn't deal with his serve at all in the first set and i lost all confidence with my own (Dementieva-esq serve i'm afraid to say!) which i had little confidence with anyway and i lost the set 0-6.

Second set he was up 3-0 when i just started to block his serve back out of desperation (all my family and friends where watching) and he slowly started to fall apart, after about a 30 minute game (ok it only felt like 30 lol) i finally held serve for 3-1 and after a extremely long set i finally won it 7-6 (4).

In the final set, he size finally became his downfall he had no stamina, and i ran him all over the court with cleverly placed groundies running out a 0-6 7-6 (4) 6-2 winner... I was on top of the world.

However my joy was short lived when his twin brother thrased me 61 62 in the final the following day!

Asif_Nawaz
Apr 7th, 2006, 07:39 AM
i was playing in a club against a friend of mine.the first set went on serve till 3-3 at which point i broke and held,led 5-3.then,i got broken and my friend held again.5-5,then we both held our serves and went into a tiebreaker.i was up 6-4 and he won three points in a row to make it 7-6 for him.then i led 8-7 and we kept on trading the leads until 11-11 when he won two straight points and won 13-11.second set i won comfortably 6-3.third set i was leading 3-0,40-0 when he fought back and pulled ahead 5-3.at that point i thought i was gone.but next thing i new im winning the next 4 games and i won 6-7(11),6-3,7-5.

Stingray
Apr 7th, 2006, 09:13 AM
I've been 6-1, 5-0 down and won 1-6, 7-5, 7-6
my opponent was not impressed :p

Jakeev
Apr 7th, 2006, 10:19 AM
When I was playing club tennis eons ago, I twice came from a set down and 1-3 to win a third set 6-3, against the same player no less. (He had won 7-5 in one match and 6-1 in another in the first set. The first match I won the second 6-3 in the other match, 6-4 in the second)

That's all I can remember though.

rommel99
Apr 7th, 2006, 10:23 AM
well last year, we had a tournament were the format is double elimination. i lost my first match 0-6 7-5 6-4.. so i have to win all my matches to win the entire tournament. my third to the last match, i was down setpoint both sets but i won 7-5 7-6.. my match before the finals i was down 2-5 in the first set against the player who beat me in my first match but i manage to win that match 7-5 6-2.. then i have have to beat a player twice in the finals for me to actually win the tournament.. i easily won both matches 6-3 6-3 and 6-0 6-2..

Tennace
Apr 7th, 2006, 10:28 AM
A few weeks ago I was playing in a tournament QF match. I was down 5-3 in the 1st set but won it 7-6(5), not much of a comeback but the 3rd set was ir. He won the 2nd set 7-5. In the 3rd he was up 5-1 and had 2 MPs at 5-2 but I won it 7-5. 2 1/2 hours long. It lasted forever.

liuxuan
Apr 7th, 2006, 12:47 PM
About two years ago I was playing my ver cometitive friend who I play every summer on a hot day.

He was up 6-2 6-2 4-1, I then came back to take the set 7-5 and took the next one 6-1. I was pretty confident going into the final set. I went 4-0 down though, then brought it back to 4-4. Then lost the final set 6-4.

final score was 6-2 6-2 5-7 1-6 6-4

I was pretty gutted after all the work id put in. I was thinking, god, i could have been back showered 90 minutes ago with the same result.

oh well, i beat him next time:p :devil:

Vamos Feńa
Apr 7th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Table tennis with my dad ;)
He led 20:11 i've won 23:21 ;)
but in tennis didn't had a big comenback...I choked at 5-3 a cpl of times... :lol:

frenchie
Apr 7th, 2006, 12:54 PM
I was once down 2/6 in the third set tie-break and still won 8/6 ;)

Freakan
Apr 7th, 2006, 07:47 PM
in tennis: I won 1st set 6:0, then in 2nd set it was 0:5 but I made it to 5:5 and eventually lost this set 6:7 :(
whole match: 6:0 6:7 6:2 (in 2nd set I was acting almost like Vera Z, only without crying ;) )

Blackbeat
Apr 7th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Last year in a match i was leading 6:3,5:3 and had matchpoints...and what happened? i choked...i the third set i was down 1:5 and won the damn whole thing 7:6(5)

champion88
Apr 7th, 2006, 09:26 PM
2nd round of mens singles championship 2005- losing 5-1. Won the next 12 games 7-5 6-0!

3rd round of mens singles championship 2005- 5-2 40-15 down won set on TB and 4-0 down in 2nd won it 7-5!

County tournament 5-0 down. Won 7-5 6-0.

I've dug myself outta so many 05, 1-5 and 2-5 situations without losing another game :lol:

champion88
Apr 7th, 2006, 09:29 PM
worst are handicap matches lol- i was -60/70, playing a +15/30 player (so i had to win 10 points to win a game when he had to win 3, then 9 when he had to win 2!) i was 5-2 down and saved 7 set points in a row at 5-2 and another 6 in a row at 5-4 :lol: to win that set 7-5. Saved 4 set points in 2nd set and won in 10-8 (no TBs in handicap matches) lasted 3 1/4 hours- bet no-one can say they saved 17set points in a match :lol:

Handicap singles final won 12-10 6-3 lasted 4 hours!!!

The Daviator
Apr 7th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Just this week I was playing with a girl on my street and I won 6-1 0-6 7-6(5), I saved 5 mps too :D

Although, I only won 3 points in the 2nd set :lol:

honeyke
Apr 7th, 2006, 10:16 PM
in badminton: my best experience was 4 years ago.our schoolteam played against two other schools to reach the championship final which was in berlin.this meant that we had to win to get this one week trip to the capital.we won our matches against the first school easily, but the second school we had to play against had tougher players...so every match was close. a good friend and myself had to play the last match which should decide. there were so many people, i guess 300 people, in this arena(?) and i was sooo nervous.most of them were against us...we lost the first set really fast: 15-9. the second set was closer and both teams played not that bad.it was 11-11,12-12...but suddenly we won:15-13...the third set became a "thriller", both teams made a lot of unforced errors,so it was still close.we led 16-15 and i had the second serve.the serve was sooooo short,but the other girl shot the ball into the net and we won.after that we went crazy,clapped our hands,"danced" with the whole team.it was amazing!

Brett.
Apr 8th, 2006, 02:06 AM
Amazing Comeback for everyone! :)

May 30th, 2006, 10:26 PM
In football yesterday, we were down 0-4 at half-time, and then we won 7 more goals to win it 7-5. :aparty: I made one of the goals. :banana: Very proud, seeing as I am most probably the worst on our team. :tape:

tennisbuddy12
May 30th, 2006, 10:38 PM
My identical twin and I play on the JV team at our high school. We we down 2-7 in a pro set and came back adn won 8-7 (7-5)....That was when we were in 8th grade. Were Sophmores next season.

Brett.
Sep 12th, 2006, 01:56 AM
Bump........

Tell me any more of your greatest comeback so far.........since 30th of March!!!

OZTENNIS
Sep 12th, 2006, 07:08 AM
my greatest comeback was in 2004 at a 14&Under Junior Tournament...

i won the first set 7-6(3) after leading 5-2, i lost the second set 5-7 after trailing 3-5 and i soon found myself down 2-5, 0-40 in the third set. somehow i managed to save those three match points and, after saving another 3 mp, i forced a tiebreak. i finally won the set, and the match, having saved 6 match points!!! 7-6(3), 5-7, 7-6(4)!!!

yay me!!!

Sep 12th, 2006, 07:33 AM
2-6 6-6 2-6, 4 MPs for the guy and I came back to win it 8-6, and he seemed so bothered by that, I won the 3rd 6-2. :D :D :aparty:

But just a few days ago I lost a match 6-4 7-6 (6) and in that 2nd set I had 8 set points. :smash: :help: :help: :smash: :mad:

roxi
Sep 12th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Last Saturday I've lost my first match ever!!! Well I was playing aginst my friend from Italy (tennis coach), and I knew I'm going to loose and I did: 6-3,3-6,6-1. He led 6-3,3-1, and I managed to win second set, but we play on clay and every game went to duce, so I was tired and served so stupid in final set, I've made more DF than Dementieva ever did. But I was proud couse I should lost it more easly.
My biggest comeback was against my friend. He was leading 5-0 in first and won it 6-4, in secon he led 3-0, and lost it 6-3, and in final I led 3-0, than he 5-4 ;40-0,
and I won in tie break 7-6(3). It was the most interesting match I ever play.

Dani12
Sep 12th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Tennis match in this local championship tournament, semi final. I lost the first 4-6, won the second 6-2, then I was down 1-5. Got it back to 5-5, then lost 7-5. Haha, I was soo pissed off.

janko
Sep 12th, 2006, 12:11 PM
something like 8 years ago I ve played with a friend the only 5 setter of my life :
after leading 5/2 in the first set and let him save setpoints in every games I lost the first set in a TB and the second after leading 3/1, I managed to come back winning the 3rd 6/2 but in the fourth my opponent led 5/2 and 30/0, I saved that game and started to play really well and finished winning 11 games in a row!!

final score : 6/7 (5/7), 3/6, 6/2, 7/5, 6/0 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Kai
Sep 12th, 2006, 12:21 PM
last year i played a match with my dad ..... i was down 57 25 *0-40 and saved 3 mp ..... i won the 2nd set 76(3) but lost the match in the 3rd set with 26 :help: ......

~Cherry*Blossom~
Sep 12th, 2006, 12:26 PM
4 years ago I played a five set match over 2 days (we used to play after school)

I lost the first two sets like 6-2 6-4 (something like that) then I won the third set 7-5 and the fourth on a tiebreak 7-6 and won the fifth 6-2 :bounce:

Beny
Sep 12th, 2006, 12:29 PM
I had two matches in my 'tennis career' that I always remember.(btw.I stopped playing tennis two years ago.)
Me and players from our tennis club played against club from another town. The tie- best of seven matches.Five singles matches and two doubles..
me and my partner played the decisive doubles match the first sets were like 62,36 or 63,26..and in the third it was 6-6. We led in the tiebreak 5-0 and 6-1 but lost it 6-8. After this match I felt like ending my 'tennis career'.I didn`t want to play tennis anymore.
and the second match.It was only a one-set doubles match. me and my doubles partner were 0-5 down,then came back and led 6-5 and then my partner lost his serve. We won the tiebreak 19-17. We fought back about 10 MPs...I didn`t count it but I remember they had more MPs than we had. We also wasted some..but managed to win. It was great!

adam_ads_n
Sep 12th, 2006, 12:32 PM
in sports lessons we played Volleyball and my team was down 11-23, and we won the set 30:28 :lol:

And I remember we played basketball also and one time we were 30-41 down 3 minutes before the end of the lesson, but we still won 44-43 :)

Vamos Feńa
Sep 12th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Well almost a choke, again in table tennis ;)
I led 19:11 and 20:17 won 23:21
My opponent didn't have setpoins ;)

Ballbasher
Sep 12th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Badminton:I was down 2-15 3-14 and he was the "star" of all other tourneys,but he started to cry when I won 2-15 18-16 15-12
I lost in the semis,but I won the match for the third place :p

Tennis:I was down 6-0 5-7 2-5 at the end I won 6-0 5-7 7-6 :D
I'm not a fighter btw so I can only add one more comeback in tennis from 6-3 4-6 3-5 Ad returner on my serve I saved this match points to win 6-3 4-6 7-6[1]

andrewbroad
Sep 12th, 2006, 09:09 PM
I recently came back from 15-20 (five consecutive match-points) to win the final game of a table-tennis match.

I think it was the only time in my life when my opponent choked instead of me! ;)

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/)
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)

tennisbuddy12
Sep 12th, 2006, 09:11 PM
me and my brother were 2 pts from losing around 5 times in a JV tennis match... we won 8-7(7-5)..we were like down 7-4 or around there

lk89
Sep 12th, 2006, 09:42 PM
I saved 23 match points in badminton then won coming back from 14-7 in the second then 14-2 in the third. But in tennis I saced even more match points , I saved 27 match points in high school in a tournament final and then won it ( It was doubles). My double partner in the beginning couldnt serve well and my volleys were really off.

mrs.nadal
Sep 12th, 2006, 09:52 PM
playing college hockey we were 4-1 down at half time, came back in the second half to draw the match 5-5. we didnt win but it was pretty special, i wont forget it.

supergrunt
Sep 13th, 2006, 12:35 AM
During a tennis match agaisnt my brother I won 2-6,7-6(4), 6-2 saving a match point with a retun winner :cool: .

PatrickRyan
Sep 13th, 2006, 12:58 AM
5-1 came back to win 7-6

5-1 in a tie break came back to win 7-5

Rexman
Sep 13th, 2006, 01:21 AM
I have this terrible tendency of being down like 3-6 3-5, fighting back to get the second set, then getting broken to start the third set and not being able to get it back.

It sucks. I lose all the fire and adrenaline that won me the second set and start making errors or hitting too short. The third set supertiebreak is my worst enemy.

I think one of the more memorable matches I had wasn't really a comeback, but a comeback from my own choking. I was up 6-2 3-0, my coach came over and congratulated me for being on the verge of beating a good player. I lost the next six games straight. I started double-faulting and missing volleys. I got up 3-1 in the third set, only to lose the break again. My opponent played a bad game at 3-3 for me to get the break and despite him coming up with an unbelievable return winner on the first match point (I hit a slice serve out wide on the deuce side that looked like it was gonna be an ace but he somehow got it back in play and right on the line.) I managed to close it out with a lob for 6-2 3-6 6-4.

Another won was against my best tennis playing friend. He got a real early break for 2-1 but I reeled off 4 games to go up 5-2. He saved a couple set points with good serving and I got really tentative (the backhand I hit at break point at 5-3 was the worst, it just sat for him in the middle of the court and he hit a forehand inside out winner) We went to a tiebreak which I was always in control of but couldn't close it out. I ended up winning the set 10-8 on my 6th set point. The second set was even up until 4-4 when I broke him to serve for the match. I got broken to love, double-faulting break point. I broke him the next game to again serve for the match, but went for too big on a forehand down the line on match point and he ripped a return winner for the break. I got up 6-3 in the break, he saved both match points on my serve, but I won a long rally at 6-5 when he netted a backhand. I was so relieved to pull it out 7-6(8) 7-6(5)

Ravsieg
Sep 13th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Horrible one but hey... games are sports, and it was a comeback.

Topspin for Playstation 2, I was on the US Open final, last set decisive tiebreak..

I was losing 6-0 on the tiebreak and won 8-6.

crazyroberto6767
Sep 13th, 2006, 01:48 AM
I continue to love to read the stories :yeah:.

My best comeback since my last post is coming from 1-6, 0-4 down. Usually I hit a pretty flat ball, but I was just off on that particular day @ the beginning. Plus, it didn't help that the guy was like a male Monica Seles (two handed off both sides, wicked returns, hitting the lines, etc.) Since I sometimes have issues with high, topspin balls to my two-handed backhand, I tried this strategy against him. Luckily it worked, as I came back to win 1-6, 7-6(4), 6-0. (He pretty much tanked in the final set.) I wasn't even thinking of winning during the second set. I was just happy not to get bageled in the second, but the games kept coming :p.

Lindsayfanumber1
Sep 13th, 2006, 01:51 AM
I was down 6-1 3-0 ...and i finished winning 1-6 7-5 6-4 :)

jbeacinu
Sep 13th, 2006, 02:00 AM
anyone playing Daniela Hantuchova :p

jbeacinu
Sep 13th, 2006, 02:06 AM
I was down 13-20 in Ping Pong(goes to 21) and I won 23-21 :)

Oct 15th, 2006, 10:40 AM
On Tuesday, I played a match in Birmingham. I won the first set 6-0. I was up 5-4* 40-15, but lost the set 7-5. :o Then in the third he led 4-1 40-0, and I came back to win it 6-0 5-7 7-5. :D

Stavie
Oct 15th, 2006, 10:42 AM
(cross country skiing)
i was 12th seeded and i ended up 2nd! :)

s_j
Oct 15th, 2006, 10:52 AM
I was playing a match, albeit a friendly, against one of the Men's A Team players (he's about 28, 29, 30 and I'm 17) and I lost the first set 3-6. Not much to say really. I wasn't playing great tennis, I was playing fine but he was just too good. The 2nd set was looking the same and, eventually, I was serving to stay in the match at 3-5 down. I had game point (40-30) but he got it to deuce. From then on he had 3 consecutive advantages, in other words 3 match points. I think I saved 2 with winners and he made an error in the other one. Anyway, I held serve for it to go 4-5 and then I broke him to level at 5-5. With then both held our next service games and I won the tiebreak 7-3. C'mon! LOL.

Anway, third set. This set was a lot more even. We were both playing better and, for me anyway, adrenalin was really kicking in. We both held serve a lot more convincingly but I think at one stage he broke me - it was probs at 3-2 or 4-3 or something. Anyway, I broke straight back whenever it was... and yes, another tiebreak!... which I won 7-5!

So from a set down and after saving 3 MPs at 3-6 3-5 I won the match!: 3-6 7-6(3) 7-6(5)

I tell you, it is the BEST feeling when you win a tennis match saving match points. :D

DarkchildSwiss
Oct 15th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Tennis
I was down 2-5 in the 1st set and won 7-5 6-0

ClaudiaZ-S
Oct 15th, 2006, 11:34 AM
My boyfriend and I were led 06 05 30-40 by friends and ... we lost 06 06 :devil:

Paul.
Oct 15th, 2006, 11:46 AM
i saved 3 match points at 3-6 3-5 15-40* and 3-6 3-5 40-A* to win the match 3-6 7-5 6-2 (i was up 5-0 in the third so could have won 10 games in a row but got broken serving for it :o)

sugimomo
Oct 15th, 2006, 11:52 AM
I was 60 41 down in match before and managed to win 06 75 76

The Kaz
Oct 15th, 2006, 12:22 PM
I was down 4-6 0-5 in royal tennis but i turned it around to win 4-6 6-5 6-3!

X|Fergie
Oct 15th, 2006, 12:53 PM
I was down 2-6 1-4 in the Final and won it 2-6 6-4 6-4. It was a dream run and i played great tennis after i was down 1-4 ! :kiss:

SoClose
Oct 15th, 2006, 01:31 PM
I was down 2:5 0:40 in the 3 set and i won it 6:7 6:1 7:5!

Ballbasher
Nov 28th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Í was down 2-6 4-5 30-40 to win 2-6 7-5 6-3 :woohoo:

Brett.
Nov 29th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Congratulation! ;)

HenryMag.
Nov 29th, 2006, 01:11 PM
In a volleyball match,my team was down 0-11 and we won 26-24!

Barrie_Dude
Nov 29th, 2006, 09:27 PM
2004 MLB. Red Sox against the Yankees in the ALCS! Boston down 3 games to none, they come back and win the seris! :rocker:

Brett.
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:38 AM
Bump! :p

Renalicious
Nov 5th, 2007, 08:01 AM
I was playing a match and my opponent had won the first set 6-2. I was playing really badly. I played better in the second, but he broke me at 5-5 and then had three match points on his serve (40-0). I luckily saved all of them and took it took a tie break. He had one more match point at 5-6 but I regrouped and won it 8-6 (The TB) In the third, I was down 4-2 but came back to win 6-4.

miffedmax
Nov 5th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Last season in my men's league I was 6-2, 1=4 and came back to win 7-5.

The all time best for me though was in an indoor soccer playoff game my team was down 5-0 with 3 minutes, pulled off a furious rally and won 6-5.

AnDyDog621
Nov 5th, 2007, 09:03 AM
In badminton, I won a game 15-9, 5-15, 17-15 when my opponent was leading 6-14. He probably had 7-8 match points. I am glad it wasn't played to 21.

In tennis, I lost 6-1 and was losing 5-1 in the 2nd set, but leveled it just to lose in the tiebreak.

saint2
Nov 5th, 2007, 09:51 AM
In football , from 0-8 to 10-9 (I scored 7 goals :lol: :lol: )

Jimmyconnors
Nov 5th, 2007, 10:00 AM
I was down 2-5 in the third set on a very very hot day,I was very tired but I fought as a lion to save 11 match points.The match was crazy and electric.My opponent also saved 11 match points and served 3 times for the match but I was the best this day.It was a 3hours and 47 minutes match that I won 3-6 6-4 9-7 (we decided to not play a tie break in the third),very intense and epic!The best match I've ever played and won.We were completely exhausted and cramping after the match.

keirana332
Nov 5th, 2007, 10:49 AM
wow some pretty awesome fightbacks guys,
i came back from 2-4 in the third set to win a junior masters tournament 3-6 7-6 7-6, probably not the biggest difference, but at 3-2 i fell and injured my ankle and only sheer luck got me through. unfortunately it was also the last competative match i played that season, discovering in hospital that night that i had torn my achilles in two. So a bit of a bummer but ehhh, win some lose some ay

s_j
Nov 5th, 2007, 11:45 AM
I came back from 1-6 1-5 to win 1-6 7-5 6-2 :) (saving 2 MPs at 15-40 1-5 2nd set)

Also, I came back from 3-6 3-5 0-40 (3 MPs against me) to win 3-6 7-6 7-6 :):):)

Onyxangel
Nov 5th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Not sure if I have to post a match that I was on the good end of the comeback, but I have a few... the first one was not really a complete comeback, but almost...

MMA competiton (K12), end of match... I have hammered my opponent so badly that they have to cart him away in an ambulance when he collapses after the fight... but not before he lands a square uppercut that crushes my nose with about 8 seconds left that stunned me so bad it would have been an easy victory for him if he'd have had another half-minute to finish me...

I also got owned in an epic monopoly game comeback where I had every single property except Boardwalk and Park Place... no lie, for 3 consecutive trips around the board, my opponent hit nothing by my railroads and States Ave once... whereas I hit both Boardwalk and PP a combined 5 times! Rolling snakes twice off of PP...

I did manage to comeback in the championship round of a Euchre tournament down 9-0 to win 10-9... that was pretty cool.

NeeemZ
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I was playing a mate in club tennis and it had gone down to the wire in each match. It was always down to the last two points in the sets. The fourth set, at 7-6 in the tiebreak for me which was match point, we had a rally go on for 21 minutes, no joke. The umpire had started timing the rally after about 30 strokes and had began timing at exactly 5:57pm. The rally finished at 6:18pm. And I lost the rally! I ended up losing the set but won the last set 6-2, which was a consolation.

The rally basically just consisted of me hitting the ball back to him, who did the same thing for 20 minutes. The umpire as a joke, would call out the time after every two minutes and we would then play extra careful just because the point got more important as time went on.

VishaalMaria
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:30 PM
I remember once when I was playing in a tournament, It was the semi final and I was up 6-2 7-6 [6-4]. The match was so long, and I was too tired because the rally before took it out of me. I think, physically I just went away. I lost the match 2-6 7-6 (6) 6-3. I was so sad afterwards. I was crying in my dads arms.

Petkorazzi
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:34 PM
This loss never comes out of my head :sobbing:

I lead 64 40 30-0 only to lose 46 64 75 :sad: We played well over 2.30 hours :(

I just collapsed in the 2nd set, in 3rd he was better :sad:

Though I took revenge over him this summer :devil: Winning 63 62 without choking :hearts:

Petkorazzi
Nov 5th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Another choke I just remembered :p

It was a VERY windy day, but they still made us play. It was a breakfest, IF the serve got over, a simple touch was enough to win the point :help:

I chose to serve cause Im sure its a big advantage, and after 8 breaks I held for 5-4 .. I had to win 1 game, but he held twice and took the set 75 :ras: In the 2nd, Same story, he won 76(5) me ending with a DF :(

Though I felt I played great, and getting mad after losses is not really in me :p

IceHock
Nov 5th, 2007, 03:10 PM
lol mine is hockey and not really a comeback but the pressure was terrible, in our highschool hockey league playoffs we were up 2-1 with 50 seconds left in the game and this is to make the championship game and the other team scored, we had never beaten this team before and everyone on my team was shocked when they scored and even worse for me cause I am the goalie, anyways it ended up going into 2 overtimes before we scored with .4 seconds left on the clock!!!! I've never felt so happy in my life, I was like shaking in my skates.

HenryMag.
Nov 5th, 2007, 03:17 PM
5 years ago in the Summer Camp...my group won a volleyball set 26-24, but we were losing 0-11....and in water pollo we were losing 7-0, then we changed our strategy we tied at 7-7, but we eventually lost by 9-8.

Tamus
Nov 5th, 2007, 03:54 PM
I was down 0-5 and 3 breaks in the 2nd set after winning the 1st (forgot the score). All the games had been close in the 2nd set, but I just couldn't seem to finish off a game. Rather than packing it in for the 3rd set, I just focused on winning each individual game. I managed to come all the way back and win the set 7-5 for the match. :D

Simplicity.
Nov 5th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Im a baseball game I was once down 12-0 after the top of the first and we won the game 16-12, it was 12-12 after two. This was pretty much the only game all year where we gave up more than 5 or 6 runs.

Brett.
Nov 6th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Good Comeback storries! :yeah:

Demska
Nov 6th, 2007, 10:14 AM
I was 06 05* *40/0 down and I won 06 75 60

Brett.
Jan 1st, 2009, 01:49 PM
bump! :p tell me more about your biggest comeback! :p

frenchie
Jan 1st, 2009, 01:53 PM
I came back from 2/6 down in the third set TB to win 8/6
It was a junior tournament on clay!

And 2 months ago I won a match 06 62 64

Ferg
Jan 1st, 2009, 01:57 PM
I was playing in the quarter final of a big club tournament, and was down 6-4, 2-6, 2-5 0-40, he had 3 match points. I saved all, two with winners, then he had another MP in the straight after. I saved that with another winner and went on to win 6-4, 2-6, 7-6 (2)!! I was never going to lose that game. I saved MPs and won in a lot of other games too but that was my favourite, i was really pumped up for it. In another game i saved 10 MPs but lost 6-0,, 6-4. :unsure:

jelena_jankovic
Jan 1st, 2009, 01:58 PM
I was down 4:6 2:5...had to save 4 mps...won the 2nd set in tb...in 3rd set down 3:5...had to save 3 more mps!
In the end I won 4:6 7:6 7:5 after almost 4 hours...sweet memory!

alex14
Jan 1st, 2009, 02:04 PM
... i remember i played a national tournament in Adelaide one yr, and because of the stupid rain delays we had to play 3rd set super-tiebreak and i was 8-2 down at one point, then was 9-6 down, and ended up winning 12-10 in the end... poor coach who was watching lol... and the only other one i can think of was being down 0-5 and winning 7-5 6-2.. :)

wales1994
Jan 1st, 2009, 02:08 PM
i was losing 6-0 5-0 :lol: and i won that set 7-5 but lost the match tiebreak 14-12 :( oh well he was quite shocked that i could come back from that :lol:

sammy01
Jan 1st, 2009, 02:08 PM
i won my clubs tournament 2 years ago 4-6, 7-5, 6-4, i don't remember much about it bar saving 2 mp's at 4-5 in the 2nd set and coming back from 0-4 in the 3rd set. was all just a blur because it was so hot and i think my better fitness won me the match.