PDA

View Full Version : Veus vs Jennifer at 2001 Miami.

seles, davenport
Mar 4th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Can anyone get access to the stats of that match. On the Miami website, they just go back to 2002. I stated in "Most Aces" thread, that they both had about 20 aces each. Can someone clarify that, I also think they had about 70 errors each.

RJWCapriati
Mar 4th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Not sure on the stats, but Jennifer was soooooooo close with those 8mps!!

K-Dog
Mar 4th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Can anyone get access to the stats of that match. On the Miami website, they just go back to 2002. I stated in "Most Aces" thread, that they both had about 20 aces each. Can someone clarify that, I also think they had about 70 errors each.

Um Jen has NEVER served 20 aces in a pro match that I can remember and def. not against Venus. The way Venus served that day, she didn't have 20 aces. The 70 errors is true for both. That was a dramatic match, but the match had terrible quality.

seles, davenport
Mar 4th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Um Jen has NEVER served 20 aces in a pro match that I can remember and def. not against Venus. The way Venus served that day, she didn't have 20 aces. The 70 errors is true for both. That was a dramatic match, but the match had terrible quality.

I thought they served about 20. How many(approximately), did they serve?

K-Dog
Mar 4th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I thought they served about 20. How many(approximately), did they serve?

20 each or 20 in total? NO WAY either served that many. I don't remember stats from matchs, but they might've hit 20 double faults together. That match wasn't great from either player.

cometz9
Mar 4th, 2006, 09:38 PM
124 combined unforced errors and 27 double faults :eek:

Venus had 61 UEs and Jennifer had 16 DFS :tape:

K-Dog
Mar 4th, 2006, 09:38 PM
BTW, RJWCapriati05, why did I get bad repped? I never EVER said anything bad about Jen did I? NO!!!!! FUCKIN ASS-HOLE!!! Jen has never served 20 aces in a match. Hell, I've never seen Jen serve 10 aces in a match. Venus hasn't either. Serena hasn't. The list goes on. 20 aces is A LOT in women's tennis. Jen has never had a serve where she aced people off the court. WHERE ARE YOU GETTING OFFENDED????

seles, davenport
Mar 4th, 2006, 09:40 PM

Where'd you get those stats from?

K-Dog
Mar 4th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Where'd you get those stats from?

There was a video up to download on here for the last two games of the match. There were stats given on that CBS broadcast.

That poster could've recorded the match too.

cometz9
Mar 4th, 2006, 09:49 PM
There was a video up to download on here for the last two games of the match. There were stats given on that CBS broadcast.

:yeah: i have the match on dvd

seles, davenport
Mar 4th, 2006, 09:51 PM

Could soemone put the video on again please. I have never ever seen Venus and Jennifer play, and find it very strange how they have only played 4 times.

StarrJones
Mar 5th, 2006, 12:58 AM
BTW, RJWCapriati05, why did I get bad repped? I never EVER said anything bad about Jen did I? NO!!!!! FUCKIN ASS-HOLE!!! Jen has never served 20 aces in a match. Hell, I've never seen Jen serve 10 aces in a match. Venus hasn't either. Serena hasn't. The list goes on. 20 aces is A LOT in women's tennis. Jen has never had a serve where she aced people off the court. WHERE ARE YOU GETTING OFFENDED????

First of all, theres no reason to start getting all mouthy, its just a match report, secondly, i dont think anyone remembers the actual numbers so theres no point in fingering. I saw the match, it was a great match for dramatic purposes, but both girls played like super ametuer level.

Im sorry, but these two should never has been allowed to leave that match without an apology to tennis itself, it was horrendous tennis by both.

And im a big fan of both girls...but that match was the worst of big babe tennis for sure!

Infiniti2001
Mar 5th, 2006, 01:15 AM
I was there and I can tell you first hand that the conditions played a major role with the bad play . Venus and Jennifer gave it their all under the circumstances considering the temperaure on the court was 100 degrees :eek:

StarrJones
Mar 5th, 2006, 01:26 AM
Thats what i have to agree with, the tennis wasnt very good, but it was mostly the conditions...and i saw the match i could tell these girls where suffering!

but, these two are great champions, and we can only hope that they once again battle it out, and what a day that will be!

TF Chipmunk
Mar 5th, 2006, 01:29 AM

I would love to watch this :tape:

seles, davenport
Mar 5th, 2006, 01:33 AM
Thats what i have to agree with, the tennis wasnt very good, but it was mostly the conditions...and i saw the match i could tell these girls where suffering!

but, these two are great champions, and we can only hope that they once again battle it out, and what a day that will be!

Yeah, that's why I find it a shame they've played only 4 times. All matches have been close.

Billabong
Mar 5th, 2006, 02:06 AM
The amount of UFES was incredible, but the atmosphere was totally awesome, and the tension was fantastic, I really enjoyed that match ;)! I remember at one point Jennifer thought she had won the match, but she didn't hear the call and the match continued, and after many championship points saved, Venus got to the tiebreak and had a big lead... Jennifer saved like 3-4 championship points, but Venus prevailed finally, it was memorable!

StarDuvallGrant
Mar 5th, 2006, 04:06 AM
When was their 'stare down' match?

xr6turbo
Mar 5th, 2006, 04:22 AM
When was their 'stare down' match?
That was the USO 2001 Semi ;)

VeeReeDavJCap81
Mar 5th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Man were they tired at the end, even Venus' grunts sounded tired. Classic Williams comeback though in the end.

StarrJones
Mar 5th, 2006, 04:40 AM

thats was an ugly moment, i swear they were gonna kill each other. my moneys on Capriati...shes italian!

StarDuvallGrant
Mar 5th, 2006, 04:44 AM

Thanks. I remember waiting for Venus to serve and watching her face and then Jennifer backing down. Brilliant.

xr6turbo
Mar 5th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Thanks. I remember waiting for Venus to serve and watching her face and then Jennifer backing down. Brilliant.
I have the video of it on my computer.. I'll upload it in a while for you :)

Venus_Serena
Mar 5th, 2006, 04:47 AM
The amount of UFES was incredible, but the atmosphere was totally awesome, and the tension was fantastic, I really enjoyed that match ;)! I remember at one point Jennifer thought she had won the match, but she didn't hear the call and the match continued, and after many championship points saved, Venus got to the tiebreak and had a big lead... Jennifer saved like 3-4 championship points, but Venus prevailed finally, it was memorable!

again, thank you for the match :p ;) :bounce:

StarDuvallGrant
Mar 5th, 2006, 04:48 AM
I have the video of it on my computer.. I'll upload it in a while for you :)

Thank you, thank you thank you :hug:

vwfan
Mar 5th, 2006, 01:52 PM
I have the video of it on my computer.. I'll upload it in a while for you :)thank you--i'd love to see it too!

K-Dog
Mar 5th, 2006, 02:47 PM
thats was an ugly moment, i swear they were gonna kill each other. my moneys on Capriati...shes italian!

My money's on Venus. She lived in Compton!! (I'm Italian and believe me, all that my ancestors in the mob did was gang up on ONE person and shot him/her. They weren't as tough as you think.)

Martina Capriati
Mar 5th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Had Jennifer won this match, she would have finished the 2001 year as the #1.

It was a thrilling match to watch. I kept holding my breath at every point. Jennifer has been involved in some of the most thrilling WTA matches of the open era. You gotta love that fighting spirit.

BTW, this is my first post. :)