PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favorite serve

Mightymirza
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:22 PM
for those who PLAy tennis..Which is your most favorite serve to hit??Serve that you can hit and many times you surprise yourself seeing how well it went...

Mightymirza
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Ill start with mine..My most fav serve is slice serve from ad court down at T moving away from body of opponent...Its soo effective this serve..But I can not serve wide on backhand sadly..Either body serve or down T...

Jen&RobbyFan
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:25 PM
from the deuce side, slice with a lot of angle to open up the court.. its amazing how it works lol

Mightymirza
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:27 PM
from the deuce side, slice with a lot of angle to open up the court.. its amazing how it works lol
Do you throw ball to your right a lil bit to hit that serve???Coz my ball toss is extremely straight and I always have problems giving spin to the serves..

Jen&RobbyFan
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:29 PM
yeah i throw it to the right and i imagine peeling the ball with my racket, like an orange lol

Mightymirza
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:31 PM
yeah i throw it to the right and i imagine peeling the ball with my racket, like an orange lol
LOl okay..Somehow I hit the slice serve on ad court perfectly but dunno how to slice it for deuce court...Plus i get really uncomfy if toss is not straight...Also can someone tell me how to hit serve from deuce court wide into backhand??

Mightymirza
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Well I dont have any second serve..So do throw in many DFs but its pretty okay when it goes in...

joaco
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Ill start with mine..My most fav serve is slice serve from ad court down at T moving away from body of opponent...Its soo effective this serve..But I can not serve wide on backhand sadly..Either body serve or down T...

That is my favourite serve. The one Lindsay hits SOOOO WELL. And I feel I'm not taking that much of a risk when hitting it.

UDACHi
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:54 PM
The one that goes in. I don't use it much, but it sure is effective. :D

Mightymirza
Mar 4th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Have you ever witnessed **Happy Gilmore** playing golf? Now equate his golf swing to my serve LOL
havnt seen it but I still get the idea..But hey u no my serve was like that too..But things change..You never know when u start hitting aces...

Mightymirza
Mar 4th, 2006, 06:22 PM
That is my favourite serve. The one Lindsay hits SOOOO WELL. And I feel I'm not taking that much of a risk when hitting it.
Somehow I feel i serve much better on breakpoints..Maybe its just mental thing but once i did 3 dfs 0 40 and then hit 3 really amazing serves..Really I dunno where they came from..But yeah the slice serve from ad court is my fav tho...I wish i cud hit kick serves once in a while..But i have no idea how..

Darop.
Mar 4th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Heavy topspin or slice from the left side... I'm a lefty and just that serve gets me heaps of points ;)

tennisboi
Mar 4th, 2006, 07:06 PM
My fav serve is the one down the centre on the ad side with slice that keeps going away from the returner. Lindsay and Serena are class at this :bigclap:

WorldWar24
Mar 4th, 2006, 07:14 PM
My favourite serve is the one that gets in. No seriously it's not that bad but it's still light years away from the rest of my game. That is why I have a soft spot for people like Dementieva and Dokic lol

Farina Elia Fan
Mar 5th, 2006, 01:08 AM

same, the ball practically dies!!!

Babolatpro880
Mar 5th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Keep in mind I'm left handed first of all.

My favorite serve is on the deuce side, I hit a flat serve out wide really well.

Prizeidiot
Mar 5th, 2006, 04:29 AM
Swinging serve out wide from the deuce court.

StarrJones
Mar 5th, 2006, 05:00 AM
Down the tee line.

I can hit all 4 corners however

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Mar 5th, 2006, 07:38 AM
my fav serve is the big one down the T or (left handed) from ad court the slider out wide

Derek.
Mar 5th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Flat serve on the deuce side out wide.

ceiling_fan
Mar 5th, 2006, 09:40 AM

wow, ur slice serve from ad court must have LOTS of spin for it to be effective-- i prefer the slice from deuce into the body

but my favourite must be flat serve from deuce court down the line!! :worship:

Steve-o
Mar 5th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Flat out wide on deuce side, swinger DTL on ad side.

SilK
Mar 5th, 2006, 11:19 AM
deuceside, flat down the line! hit the most aces with that one. :D

Mightymirza
Mar 5th, 2006, 02:04 PM
wow, ur slice serve from ad court must have LOTS of spin for it to be effective-- i prefer the slice from deuce into the body

but my favourite must be flat serve from deuce court down the line!! :worship:
Well it has enough slice on it but its also quite hard..So it makes it really effective..And which grip you use for flat serves??

Wiggly
Mar 5th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Well, when it's in play, I'm really happy about it :)

K-Dog
Mar 5th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Slice out-wide on the deuce. It is so effective no matter if you hit with a lot of pace or take the pace off and place short in the box. If you don't get the ace or service winner, you'll for sure get a short ball to punish.

sheryo
Mar 5th, 2006, 06:02 PM
For the second ball, the most important thing is to keep the same rythm than the first ball. In second ball, the first side, in general, I slice on the forehand and the other I lift on the backhand.

In first ball, in the first side, I like slice with power and angle, It gives me a lot of free points; also I like to serve with a maximum power on the T, BOUM!! In the second side, I like slice or not slice, with big power on the T, the serve on the backhand without effect is cool too!

So, I think I prefer serve on the first side.

Craigy
Mar 5th, 2006, 06:56 PM
smacking it flat down the line on both sides.

strawberry.babou
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Well, when it's in play, I'm really happy about it :)
Lmfao, ditto.

That's just how great my serve is. :p

controlfreak
Mar 5th, 2006, 09:52 PM
My most effective one is the cream puff with a dead ball which bounces twice before it reaches the service line, giving me an ace and making the returner lunge forwards and scrape their racquet on the ground.

Gowza
Mar 6th, 2006, 06:40 AM
i can't really hit big serves anymore with my shoulder but when i was allowed my go to serve (not so much go to but the serve i kept for special moments) was flat out wide in the corner on the ad side. didn't really surprise myself but i remember a couple of times i've surprised my partner or opponents. not like it's a complicated serve or anything just when i get it right i hit it very well. it's also the nicest because it's not placed iin a particularly difficult position for my opponent to get to it but they still have a very tough time getting a racket to it (if they get a racket to it).

ceiling_fan
Mar 6th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Well it has enough slice on it but its also quite hard..So it makes it really effective..And which grip you use for flat serves??

i use the continental grip for my flat serves, but i am working on this modern serve (half flat half slice--basically slice but with much more speed and power) and i move my grip a tiny bit more to the left for that,.

Dominic
Mar 6th, 2006, 07:50 AM
My serve is so so bad compared to the rest of my game. It just always goes long whenever I try to put any decent pace on it. I really dont get it cause even if the ball goes 3 inches above the net, it sometimes flies long. And thats hitting it flat. I dont even want to imagine where it would land if I put some slice on it which makes the ball float.

Solitaire
Mar 6th, 2006, 08:05 AM
I'm all about the kick serve. I'm a clay courter at heart.

esquímaux
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:48 PM
I agree! A high kicker from the ad court into a two-handers' backhand is quite the sight :worship: :lol: Also I like the short serve out wide from the ad court :hearts:

SelesFan70
Mar 9th, 2006, 01:43 PM
I agree! A high kicker from the ad court into a two-handers' backhand is quite the sight :worship: :lol: Also I like the short serve out wide from the ad court :hearts:

Ditto! :bounce:

SM
Mar 9th, 2006, 02:41 PM
slice serve out wide on deuce court, and if its good enuf inside out fh winner :)

Michael Pemulis
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:08 PM
My second serve is fairly weak, so I give myself a chance to win by putting a lot of first serves in play. It’s not a powerful delivery, but I get plenty of spin on it, which can be very tricky. Mix up pace and spins, so I don't put myself in the position of hitting too many second serves and get the point started.