PDA

View Full Version : With 1 handed backhand to the Top ranking..what do you think for the next generation?

fredbdx
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Do you think that player such as Justine Henin Hardenne and Amelie Mauresmo will inspire the young tennis players?

We all noticed that Top player games are influencing the young people who are starting to play tennis:
1rst because they want to play like her idols.
2nd because the school teacher are using champions techniques for there lessons.

Chris Evert was the tennis player who made famous 2 handed backhand. After that most of the young girls started to hit that famous shots.
Martina Navratilova was the 1rst to put emphasis on physical training.
Monica Seles despite an unerthodox games (2 handed both sides) was the 1rst to step forward in the court to hit the ball sooner and harder...now most of the girls are in.

So with Justine Henin Hardenne and Amelie restoring the classical 1 handed backhand...do you think that there'll be more 1 handed player in 10 years.??

Craigy
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Nope, most younger players use 2 handed backhands and I think it will stay like that...

jj74
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:43 PM
I hope so, variety make the matches more funny

hablo
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:45 PM
I hope so :bounce:

^bibi^
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:47 PM
I hope and think so, but you'll have to wait... young players who could be influenced by them will only arrive on the tour in about 10 years...

K.U.C.W-R.V
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:48 PM
In theory I would have thought it might inspire coaches to teach youngsters the one-hander, but for young kids it is tough because until they mature & develop the necessary arm & shoulder strength, the results will be mediocre. This beng the case most coaches will probably play safe, sticking with the tried & tested double hander, rather than teaching a more difficult shot, which if played well increases a players natural variety & tends to improve all-court play & volleying.

Having said that, so long as the grip is sufficiently strong/extreme (a la Justine), I don't think the shot is as difficult to play as it looks, or as people imagine.