PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Players can be beaten comprehensively too you know!

Rachel_
Mar 4th, 2006, 01:08 AM
Everyone is saying that because Marti lost 2 and 2 2day theres no way she can compete with the elite girls.

Its just 1 match against the hottest player in the world, i doubt ne1 else would have won the way Amelie played 2ay.

Remember Amelie did dismantle JHH in AO, and last year Lindsay humiliated Sharapova love and love.

It happens very top players can be beaten comprehensively too.

Just ask Lena D :p

No Name Face
Mar 4th, 2006, 01:56 AM
Yeah, when Elena plays the best has a penchant for either taking it to three sets (and winning a lot of the time) or going down in flames. I'm sure max can put it more eloquently, but it depends on which golden goddess comes to the court on any given day.

But Hingis has gotten comprehensively beaten by a lot of top 10 players already.

2 and 2 to Momo
3 and 4 to Sharpie, although she crushed Sharpie first, so it neutralizes
3 and 3 to Henin-Hardenne
2 and 0 to Dementieva (most shocking of all, except to her fans who KNOW she's the best)

Marcus1979
Mar 4th, 2006, 02:07 AM
here are some heavy losses by top 5 players

Hingis def V.Williams 6-1 6-1 (2001)
Dementieva def Hingis 6-2 6-2 (2001)
Seles def Hingis 6-3 6-2 (1998)
S.Williams def Hingis 6-3 6-2 (2001)
Pierce def S.Williams 6-2 6-1 (2000)

Rachel_
Mar 4th, 2006, 02:14 AM
:wavey: Elena fan

your right she has lost alot to the top tenners up to this point but she played juju very early on in comeback so thats a bit shady and we all know what she can do to Masha. :p

So she lost badly to Amelie, and Elena both who were both on fire in their respective matches and although others may have been more competitive I believe they would have beaten anyone.

Im waiting till the end of RG to properly asses Marti's comeback.