PDA

View Full Version : Please Explain.

seles, davenport
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:58 PM
How is Amelie a better player?

Let's compare records.
Hingis, 40 titles.
Mauresmo, 23 titles(well after today anyhow).
Hingis, 5 Slams.
Mauresmo, 1(given to her) Slam.
Hingis leads head-to-head 7-5.

Farina Elia Fan
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:01 AM
I like Hingis a lot but Amelie is in amazing form at the moment and today she was simply too good. Hingis was tired but Amelie is the top player in the world at the moment

wateva
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:04 AM
well, u expect chris evert to come back to the tour and beat amelie?
u must be dreaming.
the board would be so much better without your meaningless threads. :rolleyes:

Craigy
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:08 AM
She is better because she beat hingis, she beat her good.
That's why she is better. them matches were played in 2001 and earlier. Hingis developed her tennis game far quicker and was dominating the game, Mauresmo didn't do that. She is in her best from now, so she is the better player...

MH0861
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:13 AM
She's the better player at the moment. As in, skills wise. I think you'd be hard pressed to find people who think Amelie has had a better career than Martina at this point in time.

anlavalle
Mar 4th, 2006, 01:46 AM
At the moment she is better, your comment is so silly.

hablo
Mar 4th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Momo getting so much attention :spit:

fammmmedspin
Mar 4th, 2006, 02:14 AM
21c tennis doesn't work like that does it. Players beat particular other players except when they play injured or unfit or have a complete off day. Momo playing like that will give Martina problems - defence with some offense and few errors beats defence without much. Momo gave less away than Kim does these days. Against someone with less variety and patience Martina will win just as she did against Sveta. Against Kim she has a chance as long as Kim isn't her old cosistent self. Lindsay will either knock through her or give her UE and opportunities or run out of steam. Put Momo up against a fit Serena, Kim, Justine, Jen, Lindsay or Elena and I wouldn't bet on Momo. It works further down the food chain too - put someone capable up against Momo who attacks her enough long enough and we will find out just how much she has really changed. Put the same person up against Martina and she will outwit them or eat up their UE. Its horses for courses and Momo isn't a good horse for Martina until some of the players who can beat Momo return to the tour and puncture her bubble.

Hingie
Mar 4th, 2006, 02:19 AM
I like the way how not one of you have mentioned the fact that they are at different stages of their careers. This is like the 97/98 Hingis period for Mauresmo, YEC and now her first grand slam.

Marti on the other hand is coming back from nearly a 4 year break and is still finding her feet. Give her a couple more months and then we'll see how close the matches are!

xin_hui
Mar 4th, 2006, 02:20 AM
arent u supposed to be leaving the board?;)

junlee_vee
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:02 AM
Another stupid thread... :rolleyes: