PDA

View Full Version : Brenda Schultz-Mccarthy

twight6
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:48 PM
What is she doing? Another Martina? She's 36 and has a WTA Tour record of 2-2 this year... maybe not quite as good as Hingis, lol.

She played Tokyo:
1st Round Qualifying: W. Cara Black (172) 7-5, 6-2
2nd Round Qualifying: L. Saori Obata (107) 6-3, 7-5

and Memphis:
1st Round Qualifying: W. Cory Ann Avants (276) 6-1, 6-3
2nd Round Qualifying: L. Vilmarie Castellvi (167) 3-6, 6-4, 6-3

both without a ranking.

And now, she got a wc into Indian Wells!

Actually, now that i look at it, is she just playing for fun? Cause she got a couple points for both these tourneys, and yet she is still unranked (although she has a Race rank of 177)

Did she just get bored from retirement? Is she playing for charity? does anyone truly know!?!?!?!

If there is another thread, don't be mean about it, just point it out to me... thanks

cartmancop
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:04 AM
I was pretty surprised that she got a WC given her age & the randomness of her comeback. But I guess she might just be bored & loves competing:) Even @ 36, she can still pick up wins on the tour...that's interesting...

Farina Elia Fan
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:04 AM
I think she is doing it because she can. If she is still good enough to still be out there then good for her :)

Danke Anke
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:17 AM
She was really forced out of the game by injury and made a couple unsuccessful attempts to return only to have injuries reoccur. Now I'd assume that she's finally healthy and wants to give it one last shot.

Solitaire
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:30 AM
Go to "Who let the Dutch out" she has her own thread there. There's an article about her comeback.

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:44 AM
:cool: Welcome back Big Bad Brenda :worship:

Blackbeat
Mar 4th, 2006, 09:25 AM
sheŽll be ranked after IW

she needs three tournaments for being ranked