PDA

View Full Version : Can just anyone, unranked, play in ITF Tournaments?

seles, davenport
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:27 AM
I would love to play against top players from about 200-whatever, just to see how I am.

DutchieGirl
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:33 AM
yeah - good luck getting into the draw though! :lol: You might make it into the draw of a $10k in Benin or something... :lol:

seles, davenport
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:40 AM
yeah - good luck getting into the draw though! :lol: You might make it into the draw of a $10k in Benin or something... :lol:

Aren't you contradicting yourself? You said yes, and then good luck getting intio the draw?

DutchieGirl
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:41 AM
yeah in other words: you CAN...but of course ranked players have preference, and then I assume it goes on a first entered, first on alts list basis... :shrug: So no, that would not be contradicting myself! ;)

felipe2004
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Yeah, you can, but you would have to play qualifyings. And of 25K, 10K only. In some, you wouldn't even get to qualies, but most 10K, some 25K and few rares 50K and 75K you would. Only if you go to some tournaments where nobody goes, you would get into main draw. :wavey:

DutchieGirl
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Yeah, you can, but you would have to play qualifyings. And of 25K, 10K only. In some, you wouldn't even get to qualies, but most 10K, some 25K and few rares 50K and 75K you would. Only if you go to some tournaments where nobody goes, you would get into main draw. :wavey:

Yes - like most of the African/South American tourneys! ;)

seles, davenport
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:55 AM
yeah in other words: you CAN...but of course ranked players have preference, and then I assume it goes on a first entered, first on alts list basis... :shrug: So no, that would not be contradicting myself! ;)

Thanks. I wasn't rying to be mean by the way. Just didn't understand what you meant.

DutchieGirl
Mar 4th, 2006, 01:00 AM
Thanks. I wasn't rying to be mean by the way. Just didn't understand what you meant.

I didn't think you were trying to be mean :shrug:

seles, davenport
Mar 4th, 2006, 01:02 AM
I didn't think you were trying to be mean :shrug:

Cool. So I assume by what you're saying, that anyone can play on the Satelites?

Craigy
Mar 4th, 2006, 01:05 AM
I would love to play in them when I'm older perhaps :) :p

DutchieGirl
Mar 4th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Cool. So I assume by what you're saying, that anyone can play on the Satelites?

as I just said... IF you can get into the draw...obviously if you haven't got a WTA rank, you're not gonna have preference...so yeah, you have to go to places with REALLY weak draws like Africa of South America.;) And you wouldn't get top 200 players playing there usually...