PDA

View Full Version : Martina Hingis

seles, davenport
Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:52 PM
Give her fucking time for God's sake! The girl has been out for three years, and even if she has been playing World Team Tennis, that's against people ranked from about 70-God knows how low. The only top players she's played this year have been Kim, Dementieva, Sharapova and now Mauresmo. She also is not used to the game 100%, where in the Tokyo final, she just was so tired. To suggest that Mauresmo is A BETTER PLAYER???!!! That's like saying Hewitt's better than Federer. If, however, she is still not beating the top players by about the French Open, then there are no excuses, as she would have played five months by then.

Sam L
Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:56 PM
I love it how you compared Choko to Hewitt and Martina to Roger. :lol: So true if you look at their slam counts.

jenny161185
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:00 PM
well i agree with you as in give her a break she came back in januaury and its begining of march - you have to give her time and mauresmo is playing great!

seles, davenport
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:00 PM
I love it how you compared Choko to Hewitt and Martina to Roger. :lol: So true if you look at their slam counts.

But yet some people still say Mauresmo's better.

Erika_Angel
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:02 PM
I thought you left?

Sam L
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:05 PM
I thought you left?
I thought you left, Ayla.

Erika_Angel
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:13 PM
I thought you left, Ayla.

Ayla did leave.

I'm Erika.

& I was talking to Seles, davenport.

Craigy
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:20 AM
So why isn't Amelie a better player?

Ryan
Mar 4th, 2006, 02:35 AM
I think at THIS point, Amelie is better. A year from now, I'm not so sure. Career-wise Hingis will always be ahead.

junlee_vee
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:01 AM
But yet some people still say Mauresmo's better.

That's because she is better...let's get real for a second. Hingis will always be better in the long haul, but right now, Momo is better than Hingis...that's just a fact.