PDA

View Full Version : Doha SF: (3) Hantuchova/Sugiyama def. (2) Yan/Zheng 6-3 3-6 6-3

AJZ.
Mar 3rd, 2006, 06:39 PM
Congratulations Sugichova!! :bounce: Revenge from the US Open 2005 match!

So glad Sugiyama won one of her semifinals :lol: Hope Sugichova can win the title tomorrow - it'd be their second as a team.

Sad, match was given to them with a double fault (Yan/Zheng's only double fault, too). Sugichova served at 84%.

pcrtennis
Mar 3rd, 2006, 06:43 PM
Everything seems to have finally fallen into place for Ai here...Ai and Daniella haven't had any great results until now! They sould beat Li/Sun tomorrow! Great to see these two doing well!!!! :D

alibaby
Mar 3rd, 2006, 07:04 PM
Everything seems to have finally fallen into place for Ai here...Ai and Daniella haven't had any great results until now! They sould beat Li/Sun tomorrow! Great to see these two doing well!!!! :D
yes,its really stunning!but there you see,how important it is,to have a good relation,right?and these 2 girls really like each other!and it works!so girls,all the best tomorrow!! :kiss: :kiss:

Ellery
Mar 3rd, 2006, 08:33 PM
Zi/Jie :sad:

Dexter
Mar 3rd, 2006, 08:37 PM
Congrats Hantuyama! :banana:
Take the title tomorrow! :yeah:

Wannabeknowitall
Mar 3rd, 2006, 08:58 PM
I really really dont know about this partnership. I really feel there is absolutely no way Daniela should not have a slam in womens doubles at this time.
They just are not very good. They have played more than enough yet only have a Teir III title to show for it.
It would be nice to win this title but I dont think its in their best interest that Sugiyama and Daniela are a team when it comes to the slams.

pcrtennis
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:09 PM
They started galfway through the year last year and were only a couple points from qualifying for the YEC...they have been MPs away from winning big titles it's just closing them out that's the trouble...they're a very good team.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:10 PM
Dani/Ai are really playing well. I think they can win for Indian Wells or Miami

Wannabeknowitall
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:18 PM
They started galfway through the year last year and were only a couple points from qualifying for the YEC...they have been MPs away from winning big titles it's just closing them out that's the trouble...they're a very good team.

Just not good enough. It seems to be a very comfortable partnership because both focus on singles more but when you are seeded slam after slam and seem just not to be able to find a way to make a slam semis or finals once, then there could be an issue.

Libertango
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:51 PM
YAY for Dani/Ai, congrats ladies! :yeah: Hope they win the title, though I like both teams in the final. :D

AJZ.
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:04 PM
I kind of feel simililarly to Wannaknowitall, but to a lesser extent. I mean, they've lost to some pretty mediocre teams; what jumps to mind the most in my mind is at the Australian Open, in the 3rd Round, 6-1 6-1 to Dulko/Kirilenko. But at the same time, they've pulled off huge wins, like Raymond/Stosur in straight sets (breaking their winning streak at Zurich). So I really don't know right now. I think we'll be able to judge from their upcoming results not only here, but in Indian Wells and Miami to see if their team will come up with results.

georgekuo1017
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:32 PM
well done dani and ai!

Veritas
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:42 PM
Phew. Good tournament so far for Ai :)

silverwhite
Mar 4th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Zi/Jie :sad:

Mark Spruce
Mar 4th, 2006, 01:12 AM
go and win it Dani and Ai !!!!!!

regards

mark

wukenaihe
Mar 4th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Well, i know Sun/Li are patriotic :worship:

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Mar 4th, 2006, 02:23 AM
OMG.. look at their BP Conversion Rate (8/21 38%) Thats pretty bad... but then again Daniela doesnt know how to take her BP's and GP's :rolleyes:

RJWCapriati
Mar 4th, 2006, 04:47 AM
WTG Daniela and Ai!!

1star
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Well done, Ai/Dani :)

Hopefully Ting/Sun will do better tonight :cool:

shnit.
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:29 AM
Camawn Team Hantuyama.

skanky~skanketta
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:38 AM
let's go ai!make this another fantastic dubs year!

nouf
Mar 4th, 2006, 06:03 AM
the sugichova is back

Belmont Lad
Mar 4th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Best of luck in the final Ai/Dani, take the title! :)

xXSarajevoXx
Mar 4th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Dani/Ai :)

Meesh
Mar 4th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Congrats Dani and Ai.. take the title