http://www.rambler.ru/db/sport/msg.html?mid=7442240&head=1

It's in russian though.

:tape:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:13 AM
i think shes misunderstood

Andy.
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:15 AM
I think she is quite sour and cranky from the her 2 visits to Sydney i really didnt like her attitude

Shoulderpova
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:19 AM
Go Nadia :)

*Jean*
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:33 AM
Could someone translate ?

Epigone
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:39 AM
Could someone translate ?It's basically a summary and translation of this (http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=222633) article from earlier in the week

Nadia is always an :angel: to me :)

RR-87
Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:01 AM
Nadia is right ;)
Russia has only one Tier 1 tournament (Moscow), 25,000$ St. Petersburgh, 25,000$ Balascikha and 3-4 10,000$ tournaments. Let's compare with USA with their 75,000$ and 50,000$ and Tier 1 and GS! Young russian tennisists have to begin their career abroad because there is no place to play in Russia

Jeff
Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:19 AM
Yes Nadia is bitchy. Every tournament I have been to she is bitchy, and she is always bitchy to the umpires.

Хлоэ
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:26 AM
she said the truth, why it is bitchy?? :fiery:

Alena
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:10 PM

agree. All the fact she's mentioned are absolutely true. Espesially the things concerning parents and tennis organizations. couldn't agree more

candystripe
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:40 PM
Go Nadia!:yeah: I love her attitude on the court and off :bounce:

pimpie
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:46 PM
Vamos! Nadia :D

Doc
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:54 PM
No. This is not bitchy. It's just the truth.

DOHA (AFP) - World No.8 Nadia Petrova launched a scathing attack on her home tennis federation, saying their contribution to the success enjoyed by the Russians mounted to "mere words."
"The Russian tennis authorities can't claim any credit for the success many of the players are having on the professional circuit these days," Petrova claimed.

"All they do is talk and their contribution doesn't go beyond mere words," she added. Petrova said if at all anyone can claim credit for the rise of players like Maria Sharapova, Anastasia Myskina, Svetlana Kuznetsova and herself, it was their parents.

"Our parents made great sacrifices and that is the main reason why many of the Russians are at the top today," said Petrova, the second seeded player behind Frenchwoman Amelie Mauresmo at the 600,000 dollar Qatar Open.

Petrova herself spent some of her younger years in Egypt where her father worked as an athletics coach while Sharapova was sent to the Nick Bolleteiri academy in the US as a nine-year-old where she developed her game, staying away from her parents for a considerable time.

Petrova even went to the extent of hinting that things were better during the Soviet era when the state took care of the athletes' expenses.

"Now I keep hearing from younger Russians all the time that they are facing severe financial problems. Before the perestroika, athletes didn't have to worry about training expenses, but now the federation has no money and they can do very little to help."

Petrova also said the success of Russian women has brought along its own share of problems as a result of bitter competition.

"We often stay in the same hotels during tournaments but sometimes I get the feeling that there's no connection (between the players) at all. I guess you can blame it on the generation.

"We just talk to each other casually but we never have dinners or go shopping together. I guess because we are competing against each other so fiercely it's difficult to get close to each other."

But she made it clear that it was a situation she didn't like very much. "I would like all of us to be friends, it would be very exciting but I don't know how that's going to happen."

Petrova pointed out her friendship with her former doubles partner Meghan Shaughnessy also came under heavy strain when they began meeting each other in singles competitions.

"Our friendship came under a lot of stress when we started playing each other in the singles," said Petrova who won eight of her 11 doubles titles partnering the American.

The 23-year-old, who has won just one singles title - at Linz last year - is hopeful of making it big sometime in the near future.

CooCooCachoo
Mar 3rd, 2006, 01:37 PM
Yes Nadia is bitchy. Every tournament I have been to she is bitchy, and she is always bitchy to the umpires.

Absolutely trueˇ

mandy7
Mar 3rd, 2006, 01:38 PM
Nadia is way sweet! :D

goldenlox
Mar 4th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Nadia is a sweetheart.

moon
Mar 4th, 2006, 04:55 PM
I think she's just uptight. she probably smiles like once a week. And she looks like she's being tortured on the court.
But I still like her tho.

Diesel
Mar 4th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Nadia's alleged bitchiness is some other players spunk and great attitude/ability to tell it like it is (the you just gotta love so and so syndrome) :rolleyes: Change the name and the description also changes.

xtooL
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:08 PM
lol ! judging from the way she treated the ballsboys in Doha ,shes bitchy to the core ...

Allez-H
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Speaking your mind and telling the truth is often seen as being bitchy down here and I think it's crap :rolleyes: I like Nadia, and one of the main reason is because she isn't afriad to speak her mind and doesn't go for the 'smile and be pretty'-personality. i say good on her and may she stay that way.

Dexter
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:35 PM
lol ! judging from the way she treated the ballsboys in Doha ,shes bitchy to the core ...a ballbay said? ;)

Carmen Mairena
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:49 PM

I agree... :worship:

xtooL
Mar 4th, 2006, 06:07 PM
a ballbay said? ;)

Nopes .. I saw it ..

She asked for the towel n he went to grab it she started saying smth like HELLO ???? ..in a rude way ..next time she treated him like he was her servant by kinda yelling at him with a mean look n said "hurry ..up hurry up" it wasnt what she said but how she said it, I saw other players they all said please and thanks.. Nothing against her tho I still cheered for her today

-sugi-
Mar 4th, 2006, 06:13 PM
On Court Nadia is bitchy but off court she was really nice to her fans in Antwerp

WorldWar24
Mar 4th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Who cares if she's bitchy or not! To some she is and to some is not, there is no consensus obviously. Now can we have a look at what she's trying to say here? lol IMO the content of this article is a lot more important to her than what people think of her, otherwise she'd keep her mouth shut like the other russians who pretend all is fine