PDA

View Full Version : Hantuchova??

NyCPsU
Mar 3rd, 2006, 08:28 AM
Hey, does any other Daniela Hantuchova fans know why she is not playing in Indian Wells. I assumed she would being she has won the title here in 2002. I know her results since then have not been to great but for someone trying to get back into the top 10 i would think she would play these larger events. If anyone knows anything about this I would love to hear it! Thanks!

mapaliey
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:01 AM
i think she'll play here
she always late for commite this year
and her last 2 week result is so dumb
if she doesn't play here
i think she 'll not play miami either

Tennace
Mar 3rd, 2006, 08:13 PM
Miami is mandator and I cant see Daniela refusing to play Miami

MH0861
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I'm surprised she opted to play in Dubai AND Doha instead of playing a tier I event she's had great success in. Fingers crossed she's a late entry!

Andrew..
Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I'm surprised she opted to play in Dubai AND Doha instead of playing a tier I event she's had great success in. Fingers crossed she's a late entry!
Actually, since winning in 2002, her results there have been pretty awful... QF loss to Coetzer in 2003, 2r (after bye) to Irvin in 2004, and 3r to Zuluaga in 2005.

IceHock
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:44 AM
someone on a daniela site emailed the organizers and they said shes playing iw

NyCPsU
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:49 AM

i have mine crossed as well!!
after winning there in 02 her results have not been so good so that may be why she is opting not to play in indian wells. Maybe theres too much pressure for her to do well here...i dunno lol

NyCPsU
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:49 AM
someone on a daniela site emailed the organizers and they said shes playing iw

i hope thats true!!!

dani-fan
Mar 4th, 2006, 10:22 AM
As far as I know, Dani won't play IW but she will play Miami. From the beginning of the season she has played too much, maybe she needs a bit rest especially after poor results in a late few weeks.

mapaliey
Mar 4th, 2006, 11:49 AM
she better get rest
suitable rest, not much defend point

SzavayFi
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Daniela isnt playing Indian Wells I dont think. She HAD to play Doha and Dubai because she has so so so many points to defend from there. But she has very very little to defend here in Indian WElls, and she needs a break so it would be wise for her to skip it. Miami is mandatory so she will be playing there. :)

Tom Boonen
Mar 5th, 2006, 01:24 AM
She plays

NyCPsU
Mar 5th, 2006, 03:18 AM
She plays

who hantuchova? and how do you know?

*Joey*
Mar 5th, 2006, 04:37 AM
It would be great that Danka play here!

pavani
Mar 5th, 2006, 05:20 AM
I Hope She Can Play Here。 :hearts:

NyCPsU
Mar 5th, 2006, 03:42 PM
i don't think anyone really knows lol...so the main field is announced tomorrow at noon and we will all find out then i guess

NanoSpin
Mar 6th, 2006, 05:53 AM
I hope She will play toooooo~*

*Joey*
Mar 6th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Lol, so we will olny know if she plays here when the main draw will appear??

NyCPsU
Mar 6th, 2006, 06:04 AM
i guess we have to wait...she isnt listed on the women's player field so im leaning towards the fact that she will be skipping this event. However there are people that are convinced she is playing. So tomorrow we will find out for sure.

*Joey*
Mar 6th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Yeah, there's again a WC who isn't ''awarded'' again to a woman...maybe it's Danka! ;)

NyCPsU
Mar 6th, 2006, 06:09 AM
Yea!! i saw that too! I was thinking the same way...as much as i want her to play though i do think she needs a rest, so i think ill be happy whether she plays at Indian Wells or not

*Joey*
Mar 6th, 2006, 06:18 AM
But if she plays here I don't think, with the ways she played the last 2 weeks, that she's going to have a very good week. So she would have a rest too.! ;)

NyCPsU
Mar 6th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Thats true but you never know what could happen. Playing singles and doubles in all tournments for how many weeks in a row now...traveling all over the world must be exhausting...but your right..another early exit would give her almost 2 weeks of rest!